The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Grauniad

Wagner society.
I'm not finding the chocolate society that I've seen promised on many websites... if it doesn't exist then it really ought to :wink:
Are they the maths chaps?

I believe so.
Reply 2603
Original post by bananarama2
Wagner society.

There are so many! I think I'd do one that involves my law degree and then one fun one. Maybe MUN or pro bono society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope some of you will be joining me in the tiddlywinks society. I'll give you all a lecture about strain energies and rotational air resistance before we start :biggrin:

Look here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67VumrieWm8

So intense, I can feel the motivation flowing through the internet and getting me pumped to become a professional.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Llewellyn
I hope some of you will be joining me in the tiddlywinks society. I'll give you all a lecture about strain energies and rotational air resistance before we start :biggrin:

So intense, I can feel the motivation flowing through the internet and getting me pumped to become a professional.

I only join things like this on the condition that there's an intense training regime in montage form, preferably with some similarly intense music in the background.
Why has nobody mentioned the Assassins yet? :indiff:
Original post by ukdragon37
Why has nobody mentioned the Assassins yet? :indiff:

I couldn't find them on the list of societies. Needless to say, though, seeing "Assassins' Guild" in the prospectus was the thing that inspired me to apply to Cambridge in the first place.
I couldn't find them on the list of societies.

Naturally.
Naturally.

Even Assassins need to update to the world of social media.
Naturally.

Are we even allowed to talk about it on a public forum ?:ninja:
Naturally.

Ha :rolleyes:

I'm assuming there's a first rule and a second rule being broken somewhere?
Even Assassins need to update to the world of social media.

It already has, as a tool to stalk down your kill.

When you are an Assassin, you take on a new identity separate to your other online personae. :ninja:
Original post by I am Ace
I'm assuming there's a first rule and a second rule being broken somewhere?

I'd only start worrying about it when you enter a room to find an open window with the curtain billowing dramatically, with maybe a dagger punched into a table. And even then, you can sleep easy knowing that you'll be 'orribly murdered by people who understand dramatic licence.

This reminds me so much of the STEP school. Me and a couple of other people were playing Jenga, and one of them kept knocking on the table. When I asked him what he was doing, he said that he was causing small vibrations in the table, as he could tell which pieces were the least stable by the amount by which they oscillated. Me and the other person had been calculating the centre of mass of the entire thing as we went through. We set a record for highest Jenga tower built though, by quite a comfortable margin. I'm in the process of emailing myself the picture from my phone, so as to upload it here.

There is only one real moral or "point" to this story though - don't play games with maths students, as we take them far too seriously.
Will be joining the King's Mountaineering and Kayaking Society for sure. Assassins has always sounded good to me. Archimedeans for sure, Physics Society.

Not exactly a society, but I really want to have a go at the 'Lost' and 'Breakout' things.

Reply 2617
Original post by Oromis263
Will be joining the King's Mountaineering and Kayaking Society for sure. Assassins has always sounded good to me. Archimedeans for sure, Physics Society.

Not exactly a society, but I really want to have a go at the 'Lost' and 'Breakout' things.

If you mean the Jailbreak, I know someone who did it last year and ended up in New York :tongue:
Original post by DJMayes
This reminds me so much of the STEP school. Me and a couple of other people were playing Jenga, and one of them kept knocking on the table. When I asked him what he was doing, he said that he was causing small vibrations in the table, as he could tell which pieces were the least stable by the amount by which they oscillated. Me and the other person had been calculating the centre of mass of the entire thing as we went through. We set a record for highest Jenga tower built though, by quite a comfortable margin. I'm in the process of emailing myself the picture from my phone, so as to upload it here.

There is only one real moral or "point" to this story though - don't play games with maths students, as we take them far too seriously.

Doesn't take a genius to work out though that in a game of football the probability of the ball being passed to a maths student on purpose is approximately 0 percent
Original post by bananarama2
Wagner society.

Hell yes. Who is up for blasting Die Meistersinger & drinking far too much champagne at 4 in the afternoon? :cheers:

Latest