The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Original post by Polypocus
Haha, thank you! How are your summer modules goin?

Haha, they're actually going alright, I wish I was this focused in Jan! got 2 more exams but one of them is a biggie! Good luck for the rest of your exams!

Although, I tell my parents the exam was only pass worthy or they start expecting too much :unimpressed:

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Don't I recall you saying that you wanted to do a certain Maths with Statistics course? Although those rainbow notes were pleasing to the eye

Yup, this is why i'm so uncertain :/ It seemed like the best option for me at first, I think joining this thread has made me like stats less tbh, some of the questions you guys do look so cooool!
At the same time I think its my best option! well maths+ stats/ maths+ economics/ maths+stats+economics that sorta thing, only thing i'm certain about is the maths bit loool

Original post by MathsNerd1
Not at all, he does it in all his subjects though and I just can't wait to beat him and to see his response to it! :tongue: And yeah, just wait until you get to A2 as its a total different ball game in my opinion :biggrin:

Ahh he's one of them ones lmao, woohoo good way or bad way?

Original post by MAyman12
When are we allowed to talk about C2? It's past midnight here:angry:

Awhh, its 10:30ish so you have to wait approximately 90 mins :wink:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I just got back home from boarding school, ergo, I can access sound cloud again and listened to your songs. My boxers have been well and truly sullied with seminal fluids. :colone:
Hmmm yes I have been thinking about that :l
But i still have some time to make a decision so its okay! Thanks for your help anyhow :smile:

That said, you might want to take a look at the TSA. If you find it really easy then you could make an interview just by doing well in that.
Original post by tigerz

F*ck it I'm going to sleep:mad:
Reply 2844
F*ck it I'm going to sleep:mad:

Awwhh, you could do, its not like any of us shall run away, neither will the unofficial mark schemes lol :smile:
I tried to go sleep, but ended up waking up at 4am to check answers for S1 :colondollar:
Original post by Felix Felicis
I just got back home from boarding school, ergo, I can access sound cloud again and listened to your songs. My boxers have been well and truly sullied with seminal fluids. :colone:

Oh god:yucky:
Original post by tigerz

Yeah, he's always been one of those but it'll feel even better when I beat him considering I beat him in the mocks :tongue: And well my exams are a step up from As but can still be quite enjoyable too :smile:
Hey guys, need some advice, I'm currently on an A in year 12 maths, my exam board is AQA, and I have the opportunity to take another AS subject next year which I'm considering further maths but I'm not sure, the AS course consists of AQA Further pure 1, mechanics 1 and decision 2 :smile: should I take it?
Original post by tigerz
Awwhh, you could do, its not like any of us shall run away, neither will the unofficial mark schemes lol :smile:
I tried to go sleep, but ended up waking up at 4am to check answers for S1 :colondollar:

I might end up dreaming about the answers and think that I got everything wrong and get paranoid, it's weird but it happens lol:tongue:
Reply 2849
Yeah, he's always been one of those but it'll feel even better when I beat him considering I beat him in the mocks :tongue: And well my exams are a step up from As but can still be quite enjoyable too :smile:

Ohh I love that feeling haha, some people just get so confused when they notice your just there slyly getting high grades :creep:
Ahh that's alright then, when you like the exam & subject its fine even when difficult

I might end up dreaming about the answers and think that I got everything wrong and get paranoid, it's weird but it happens lol:tongue:

I get what you mean, them mini panic attacks are so random, then you realise 'pshht that ain't gonna happen'
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Haha, they're actually going alright, I wish I was this focused in Jan! got 2 more exams but one of them is a biggie! Good luck for the rest of your exams!

Although, I tell my parents the exam was only pass worthy or they start expecting too much :unimpressed:

Yup, this is why i'm so uncertain :/ It seemed like the best option for me at first, I think joining this thread has made me like stats less tbh, some of the questions you guys do look so cooool!
At the same time I think its my best option! well maths+ stats/ maths+ economics/ maths+stats+economics that sorta thing, only thing i'm certain about is the maths bit loool

Thank you and good luck to you too! I've got two exams left too, Chemistry and Psychology. Which one's dya have?
Original post by tigerz

Why do we have to wait until midnight?! I swear there isn't a country that's like 14 hours behind us...
Original post by The Polymath
That said, you might want to take a look at the TSA. If you find it really easy then you could make an interview just by doing well in that.

I have actually, it does seem to be something I could excel at. I've been thinking if I do well in that and my predicted grades are AAA* or A*A*A, along with a well written personal statement and relevant reading, I should be able to get to an interview?
Reply 2853
Thank you and good luck to you too! I've got two exams left too, Chemistry and Psychology. Which one's dya have?

Thank you :smile:
OMFG, I have chemistry and psychology to!! :five: 4th and 5th of June? If so, we should revise together, not in this thread though lols

Original post by BayHarborButcher
Why do we have to wait until midnight?! I swear there isn't a country that's like 14 hours behind us...

I dunno :dontknow: Probably just a nice round figure, its annoying but I still appreciate the fact that we have a chance to discuss it :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Ohh I love that feeling haha, some people just get so confused when they notice your just there slyly getting high grades :creep:
Ahh that's alright then, when you like the exam & subject its fine even when difficult

Yeah, its all because of the STEP practice I've done has really made me look at C4 in a complete different way and makes it seem rather simple in comparison, that's why I'm sneaking past him as I've tried harder questions to make the normal ones look incredibly easier :tongue: Also that would be good if you liked the subject but I just get by in the lesson and then just practice quite a lot to understand it all in my own time :smile:
Meh, all this chemistry work is just making me sleepy.

I might just get some sleep, then check the forums tomorrow.
Original post by tigerz
Thank you :smile:
OMFG, I have chemistry and psychology to!! :five: 4th and 5th of June? If so, we should revise together, not in this thread though lols

Ohhhh! What a coincidence LOL! And yes 4th and 5th! We shall revise together :cool:
Okay wait, I do Economics, Maths, Psychology and Chemistry...what subjects do you do :redface:
I have actually, it does seem to be something I could excel at. I've been thinking if I do well in that and my predicted grades are AAA* or A*A*A, along with a well written personal statement and relevant reading, I should be able to get to an interview?

With 90%+ at AS-level you should be given an A* prediction at A-level, so you should easily be given A*A*A. Along with a strong TSA score then perhaps, yes.

I came across this http://www.stdominics.org.uk/media/uploads/Supporting%20Students%20-%20NI.pdf -look under "GCSE Profiles at Oxford (2010 entry)"

However, those stats seem suspiciously low which makes me think that it's almost certainly the average stats of all applicants rather than *successful* ones. If you take a look at the Oxford stalking pages they certainly suggests the number to be much higher.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxford_applicants_stalking_page_2013_entry
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxford_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry
Fp1 question here, does zw=zw|\dfrac{z}{w}|=\dfrac{|z|}{|w|}
Reply 2859
Yeah, its all because of the STEP practice I've done has really made me look at C4 in a complete different way and makes it seem rather simple in comparison, that's why I'm sneaking past him as I've tried harder questions to make the normal ones look incredibly easier :tongue: Also that would be good if you liked the subject but I just get by in the lesson and then just practice quite a lot to understand it all in my own time :smile:

Yeah that why i'm gonna try getting some practice beforehand in C3 and C4, thats why I didn't really bother with the recent C2 edexcel papers and did these really strange practice papers, doing more difficult questions is an incredibly effective way of dealing with standard questions!
Lots of hard work will defo pay of :smile: Liking the subject acts as an incentive for revisions which is why Maths and Economics are the two subjects I can thoroughly revise!

Ohhhh! What a coincidence LOL! And yes 4th and 5th! We shall revise together :cool:
Okay wait, I do Economics, Maths, Psychology and Chemistry...what subjects do you do :redface:

OMFG huge co-incidence defo gotta revise together!
:awesome: I do...

Spoiler

:excited:

Original post by James A
Meh, all this chemistry work is just making me sleepy.

I might just get some sleep, then check the forums tomorrow.

I'm pretty sleepy but i'm just gonna wait it out, only got an hour :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending