Scroll to see replies

Original post by ACBLISS
Lool I'm fine, i was just to lazy to type :P lool
Everything's fine, revision is good :smile:
Thanks, i'm not worried about tomorrow :P
:redface: :redface: As a chav!!!!!! :O

Oh I see!
Good good, glad to hear! How was it?
...well I epically failed :P but the others in my year did an amazing job!!
3.5 weeks until freedom :redface:
This is not good !! i haven't touched any C3 since S1 exam !!! :frown: can't afford to get under 90% in the exam. but i have so many other exams to revise for, i don't know how to structure a well planned out timetable with 6 exams within the period of 2 weeks 5th - 20th june :eek:
Original post by masryboy94
This is not good !! i haven't touched any C3 since S1 exam !!! :frown: can't afford to get under 90% in the exam. but i have so many other exams to revise for, i don't know how to structure a well planned out timetable with 6 exams within the period of 2 weeks 5th - 20th june :eek:

for c3, just do all those c3 papers and make sure you understand all the concepts behind it all
tbh, with c3, understanding is the key to it all as the exam questions are, although mostly predictable. there's always those 1 or 2 5-6 markers which put you off (well, put me off at least).

Anyone ready for c4? going to go through chapter 4 tomorrow and 5 and 6 over sunday and monday. Then exam papers galore :P
Original post by PoorLoser
for c3, just do all those c3 papers and make sure you understand all the concepts behind it all
tbh, with c3, understanding is the key to it all as the exam questions are, although mostly predictable. there's always those 1 or 2 5-6 markers which put you off (well, put me off at least).

Anyone ready for c4? going to go through chapter 4 tomorrow and 5 and 6 over sunday and monday. Then exam papers galore :P

but i feel like that is what i done for the Jan exam yet i didn't get the grade i wanted :frown: i don't know where i've been going wrong. but yeh i do understand what you mean !

and i feel alot more comfortable for C4, weirdly im enjoying it, like i get that moment when i go, oo today im doing C4, thank god loool makes me feel like a neek saying that :tongue: but on the serious note, i find it alot more straight forward than C3. don't you think?
but i feel like that is what i done for the Jan exam yet i didn't get the grade i wanted :frown: i don't know where i've been going wrong. but yeh i do understand what you mean !

and i feel alot more comfortable for C4, weirdly im enjoying it, like i get that moment when i go, oo today im doing C4, thank god loool makes me feel like a neek saying that :tongue: but on the serious note, i find it alot more straight forward than C3. don't you think?

lol everyone says that to me but, for some reason, I preferred C3 :P I did it in January and just liked the long calculations and, although a few questions put me off, it was quite nice overall. I just about got an A though (80 UMS).

I don't mind c4 TOO much, but some topics I don't really like are connected rates of change (In differentiation), Vectors (Need to go over it) and I'm despising Integration - I just don't know how to integrate anything?! And I have no idea how to go about integrating things. :/

c4 > c3 by far!!
Original post by MedMed12
c4 > c3 by far!!
thanks for summarising my paragraph to that :tongue:
thanks for summarising my paragraph to that :tongue:

haha I was just agreeing! aha but np!
(edited 10 years ago)
haha I was just agreeing! aha but np!

LOL yeh i know you were :rolleyes: just like putting you on the spot :cool: haha
Reply 1409
Oh I see!
Good good, glad to hear! How was it?
...well I epically failed :P but the others in my year did an amazing job!!
3.5 weeks until freedom :redface:

Lol it was a good paper i think, it's debatable whether it was harder than the one in jan. Like there was this sampling distribution question which literally made my mind go blank, i ran out of space, because i crossed it out a lot of times lol. I thought i got it wrong but comments on tsr made me realize i think i only lost about 3 marks :O as i got one of the combinations wrong :O.....so yh:tongue:
Guys, does anyone have any advice regarding proving identities in c3 trig?
Original post by ACBLISS
Lol it was a good paper i think, it's debatable whether it was harder than the one in jan. Like there was this sampling distribution question which literally made my mind go blank, i ran out of space, because i crossed it out a lot of times lol. I thought i got it wrong but comments on tsr made me realize i think i only lost about 3 marks :O as i got one of the combinations wrong :O.....so yh:tongue:

iA you'll be okay! You should have asked for an additional sheet of paper lined paper!!! Don't worry, whats done now is done! Focus on the rest for now and we'll see what happens.
Original post by sarah.102

practice
Reply 1413
iA you'll be okay! You should have asked for an additional sheet of paper lined paper!!! Don't worry, whats done now is done! Focus on the rest for now and we'll see what happens.

Lol i'v checked markscheme, i lost 5 marks in total :/ lol
How was c2?
Original post by ACBLISS
Lol i'v checked markscheme, i lost 5 marks in total :/ lol
How was c2?

It was a nice paper. Having looked at the unofficial mark scheme I was all correct until the final question where I got it right, crossed it out because I thought I was wrong and did something else. I actually cried when I saw that...if I got it wrong I would have been like fine, but the fact I had the right answer then crossed it out -_- I did that in chemistry last year too :/
also, the c3 and c4 papers have been accidently released somehow so we are having the back ups...I wonder what would happen if those are released accidently too :tongue:
It was a nice paper. Having looked at the unofficial mark scheme I was all correct until the final question where I got it right, crossed it out because I thought I was wrong and did something else. I actually cried when I saw that...if I got it wrong I would have been like fine, but the fact I had the right answer then crossed it out -_- I did that in chemistry last year too :/
also, the c3 and c4 papers have been accidently released somehow so we are having the back ups...I wonder what would happen if those are released accidently too :tongue:

OOPSIE :frown:
Reply 1416
Can someone explain to me how to differenciate:

5^(x^2)

Thanks
Original post by sarah.102

Practice, practice practice! :smile:

Here are some question i used, i have no idea where these are from (probably from another TSR thread) so credit goes to whoever compiled these :smile:

I used to struggle with trig but it becomes really easy after a while :smile:
Hello, what mechanisms do people have in order to avoid careless mistakes? :smile:

Also, how are people revising for any retake C3 exams? :smile:
Original post by zakkaz
Can someone explain to me how to differenciate:

5^(x^2)

Thanks

y=5x2y = 5^{x^2}

lny=ln5x2\ln y = \ln 5^{x^2}

lny=x2ln5\ln y = x^2 \ln 5

Differentiate both sides wrt x:

1y×dydx=2xln5\dfrac{1}{y} \times \dfrac{dy}{dx} = 2x \ln 5

dydx=y×2xln5 \dfrac{dy}{dx} = y \times 2x \ln 5

dydx=5x2(2xln5) \dfrac{dy}{dx} = 5^{x^2} ( 2x \ln 5)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending