The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
Fp1 question here, does zw=zw|\dfrac{z}{w}|=\dfrac{|z|}{|w|}

Yes
Original post by The Polymath
With 90%+ at AS-level you should be given an A* prediction at A-level, so you should easily be given A*A*A. Along with a strong TSA score then perhaps, yes.

I came across this http://www.stdominics.org.uk/media/uploads/Supporting%20Students%20-%20NI.pdf -look under "GCSE Profiles at Oxford (2010 entry)"

However, those stats seem suspiciously low which makes me think that it's almost certainly the average stats of all applicants rather than *successful* ones. If you take a look at the Oxford stalking pages they certainly suggests the number to be much higher.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxford_applicants_stalking_page_2013_entry
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxford_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry

Hmmm thats very useful, thank you! If I may ask, have you already applied to university? Or are you in Year 12 too?
Original post by MAyman12
Yes

cheers
Original post by Polypocus
Hmmm thats very useful, thank you! If I may ask, have you already applied to university? Or are you in Year 12 too?

I'm in year 13 and applied this year :smile:
Original post by tigerz

OMFG huge co-incidence defo gotta revise together!
:awesome: I do...

Spoiler

:excited:

Wow LOL yes quite hyped up! Ahhh, I can definitely help out in Chemistry as I seem to have a pretty decent understanding!
Psychology..yet to start..a bit complacent cuz I only need a low C to get an overall A ;D
Original post by The Polymath
I'm in year 13 and applied this year :smile:

Ah sweeet, whereabouts and what subject?
Original post by James A
I might just get some sleep, then check the forums tomorrow.

You and I both know that's a lie. :wink:
Reply 2867
Wow LOL yes quite hyped up! Ahhh, I can definitely help out in Chemistry as I seem to have a pretty decent understanding!
Psychology..yet to start..a bit complacent cuz I only need a low C to get an overall A ;D

Ahh yes please I need 129/150 ums to get A overall! Yeah Psychology i'm cool with, its kind of just a self revision thing, anyways were going of topic I shall message you :smile:
Original post by tigerz
Ahh yes please I need 129/150 ums to get A overall! Yeah Psychology i'm cool with, its kind of just a self revision thing, anyways were going of topic I shall message you :smile:

Sweeeet :biggrin:
Original post by tigerz
Yeah that why i'm gonna try getting some practice beforehand in C3 and C4, thats why I didn't really bother with the recent C2 edexcel papers and did these really strange practice papers, doing more difficult questions is an incredibly effective way of dealing with standard questions!
Lots of hard work will defo pay of :smile: Liking the subject acts as an incentive for revisions which is why Maths and Economics are the two subjects I can thoroughly revise!

That's fair enough but now that the January exams have been abolished you'll have plenty of time to practice both C3 and C4 but its always good to start early :smile: And I wasn't aware of any other questions being around other than the past papers at As level so I didn't get the highest marks possible but I've accepted the fact and just moved on instead. Also yeah hard work always pays off no matter what you do, it does help that the last unit is mainly Maths related so I don't have to think about half of it really :tongue:
Original post by tigerz

I dunno :dontknow: Probably just a nice round figure, its annoying but I still appreciate the fact that we have a chance to discuss it :smile:

Pfft I'll be in bed my 12 :frown: Early start tomorrow...
Reply 2871
Original post by DJMayes

Lool, he'll end up coming back sooner or later :giggle:
Less than an hour till we can discuss! Woop Woop!
Anybody got a good challenging question from either C4 or C3 content that I could try? I'm getting slightly bored and want to do a challenging question :tongue:
Reply 2873
Original post by DJMayes

You also staying up for C2? :teehee:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Anybody got a good challenging question from either C4 or C3 content that I could try? I'm getting slightly bored and want to do a challenging question :tongue:

0π/2sin666xsin666x+cos666xdx\displaystyle\int_{0}^{\pi /2} \dfrac{ \sin^{666} x}{ \sin^{666} x + \cos^{666} x} dx

:wink:
Reply 2875
Original post by MathsNerd1
That's fair enough but now that the January exams have been abolished you'll have plenty of time to practice both C3 and C4 but its always good to start early :smile: And I wasn't aware of any other questions being around other than the past papers at As level so I didn't get the highest marks possible but I've accepted the fact and just moved on instead. Also yeah hard work always pays off no matter what you do, it does help that the last unit is mainly Maths related so I don't have to think about half of it really :tongue:

Yeah, This Jan I didn't spend enough time on revision! New Years etc makes it difficult! Plus we'd just finished moving houses
Awwh no worries, Maths is our friend :console:

Original post by BayHarborButcher
Pfft I'll be in bed my 12 :frown: Early start tomorrow...

Less than hour if you want to wait but if you need to sleep you should :smile:
Ah sweeet, whereabouts and what subject?

Cambridge, UCL, Durham, Nottingham and Exeter, for a confusing variety of Economics+Languages courses which involved writing about 4-5 different personal statements :colonhash:
Original post by DJMayes

looooooool
Reply 2878
Original post by Felix Felicis
0π/2sin666xsin666x+cos666xdx\displaystyle\int_{0}^{\pi /2} \dfrac{ \sin^{666} x}{ \sin^{666} x + \cos^{666} x} dx

:wink:

LOL :devil3: Can always count on you for difficult questions eh?
Original post by tigerz
Yeah that why i'm gonna try getting some practice beforehand in C3 and C4, thats why I didn't really bother with the recent C2 edexcel papers and did these really strange practice papers, doing more difficult questions is an incredibly effective way of dealing with standard questions!
Lots of hard work will defo pay of :smile: Liking the subject acts as an incentive for revisions which is why Maths and Economics are the two subjects I can thoroughly revise!

OMFG huge co-incidence defo gotta revise together!
:awesome: I do...

Spoiler

:excited:

I'm pretty sleepy but i'm just gonna wait it out, only got an hour :smile:

45 minutes... remaining.....

Latest

Trending

Trending