Scroll to see replies

Original post by DJMayes
Is this correct?

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Felix Felicis
Completely elementary solution, it's an evil looking integral, no? :wink:

It does look pretty vile really, I'm trying to think of a way to integrate it. I'm assuming substitution would be pointless for this question :-/
Reply 2902
Original post by James A
That was an exaggeration, most of the questions I do though. Then you highlight the questions that you find hard and do them again. That way you are prepared for all the questions they could throw at you.

Thats some good dedication! lol we get an assignment for each topic which include past exam papers, they're really useful and built a good foundation, after that past papers are fine!
For C1 we just did the 'test yourselfs' for each topic
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm assuming substitution would be pointless for this question :-/

Quite the opposite! I would've thought a sub would've been the most obvious attack, I certainly wouldn't try integrating that by parts!
7 minutes and I'm free to discuss C2 :biggrin:
Original post by tigerz
Thats some good dedication! lol we get an assignment for each topic which include past exam papers, they're really useful and built a good foundation, after that past papers are fine!
For C1 we just did the 'test yourselfs' for each topic

Yeah, usually I would have a tendency to do most of the questions. Then just forget about it completely and not look back at some of the questions when revising.

The most effective way of revising maths is to go over the harder questions again and again until it sinks :yep:

20 minutes to go :zomg:
Original post by MAyman12
7 minutes and I'm free to discuss C2 :biggrin:

You mean 20 minutes?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nice question either way.
Reply 2908
Original post by James A
Yeah, usually I would have a tendency to do most of the questions. Then just forget about it completely and not look back at some of the questions when revising.

The most effective way of revising maths is to go over the harder questions again and again until it sinks :yep:

20 minutes to go :zomg:

Haha defo, if I don't get a question i'll just keep doing it till I get it right!! WOOOP :excited: That face cracks me up, Looks like an emoticon that's high

Spoiler

Original post by Robbie242
You mean 20 minutes?

No I don't care :noway: only 3 minutes left.
Quite the opposite! I would've thought a sub would've been the most obvious attack, I certainly wouldn't try integrating that by parts!

Well my mind instantly said by parts when I first saw it but I definitely knew that I wouldn't be doing anything like that. Hmm I'm thinking of a substitution to change the sin's into the cos's then you'll get a repeat of the formula which should make it pretty simple?
Original post by DJMayes

Spoiler

Nice question either way.

Ah right, fair enough! I love giving it to people, making up randomly obscure numbers to exponentiate the trig functions to like birthdays, 666, my phone number. xD
Well my mind instantly said by parts when I first saw it but I definitely knew that I wouldn't be doing anything like that. Hmm I'm thinking of a substitution to change the sin's into the cos's then you'll get a repeat of the formula which should make it pretty simple?

Yeah, think you've got it. :wink:
Ah right, fair enough! I love giving it to people, making up randomly obscure numbers to exponentiate the trig functions to like birthdays, 666, my phone number. xD

I think I'm going to steal it and give it to some other people, they'll hate it. :tongue:
Yeah, think you've got it. :wink:

So would the answer be pi/4?
Original post by Polypocus
Ah, very delayed but congratulations and well done! :smile:
Why not LSE, may i ask?
Also, happen to have any extra reading advice for Economics related degrees? Or shall I just focus on covering the reading lists provided by universities?

LSE don't do languages other than extra classes at the language centre, whereas I wanted to do proper language modules and have a year abroad.

I do have advice but I'm on mobile at the moment so I can't link you much. If you drop me a PM I will reply in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So would the answer be pi/4?

Indeed. :wink:
Original post by DJMayes
I think I'm going to steal it and give it to some other people, they'll hate it. :tongue:

People from my classes would just break down and cry if they saw something like that :tongue:
Original post by MAyman12
No I don't care :noway: only 3 minutes left.

There are moderators watching this forum, if you talk in 3minutes u could easily be banned and then you won't be able to discuss in 11minutes, your attitude seems like a lose, lose situation
Original post by The Polymath
LSE don't do languages other than extra classes at the language centre, whereas I wanted to do proper language modules and have a year abroad.

I do have advice but I'm on mobile at the moment so I can't link you much. If you drop me a PM I will reply in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure thing :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending