The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
After checking markschemes really happy, this will certainly help my poor M1 (63/75)and S1 (66/75) performance, I think the S2 paper was a gift, I got sampling wrong but other then that nailed everything else, C2 I finished it in 1hour and then just moved onto S2, it was unbelievably easy.

My S2 was mad easy as well, made a silly mistake though so no 100 UMS :sad:
Original post by m4ths/maths247
The students here are generally very able or/and motivated.
There will be enough marks dropped across the national cohort to make the paper 64ish for 80 UMS.

But 80% is 60 marks :frown:
Original post by tigerz
LOOL, the ones who get E's may be the ones who thought they did amazing and clock later on :wink: or maybe they done good :biggrin:
My friend was telling me how all the people that get good maths grades were complaining so yeah :smile: i'm sleeeeeppppyyy

Maybe but he did extremely confident as he walked out of it so who knows :tongue: And yeah that always bodes well in your favour and same here, I'm going to head up now as I'm rather tired myself :tongue:
Original post by justinawe

Join the 98 crew :wink:

same haha, I didn't sample properly on part c) and only managed to get 8 samples for 2 , oh well 72/75 should be above 90 fo sure
Reply 3025
Original post by James A
Got 74/75.

My A-Level maths journey is over sadly :frown:

I sign out from it with my A in Maths. :yep:

A :sad: moment.

Congrats! Awwhh :'( A level maths will miss you :wink: But also be happy you got the A! :woo:
I think I got an A for my AS to :biggrin:
Reply 3026
:frown::frown::frown:
I found it horrible. (C2)
id be lucky to scrape a c i think. Didn't get the trig, log, or circle questions. I was so disappointed, and its scary that everyone thought it was easy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by James A
Got 74/75.

My A-Level maths journey is over sadly :frown:

I sign out from it with my A in Maths. :yep:

A :sad: moment.

Well done mate, for staying true to your word :hat2:

You destroyed C2 as promised :colone:
Reply 3028
Original post by MathsNerd1
Maybe but he did extremely confident as he walked out of it so who knows :tongue: And yeah that always bodes well in your favour and same here, I'm going to head up now as I'm rather tired myself :tongue:

Yup its pretty evil, but I feel more satisfied hearing that lmao! Yeah he may have done well, the guy sitting in front of me kept on making me laugh lols, he swapped his messed up chair and then some girl sat on it :mmm:

Good night people, I will talk tomorrow, struggling to keep my eyes open
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Join the 98 crew :wink:

I think I may lose more than 1 mark because of it, and it's an international paper so grade boundaries could be worryingly high (asians are always all over these easy papers, plus S2 grade boundaries are always high). I'm actually worried I may lose too many raw marks and miss out on 90+ UMS altogether...
Original post by tigerz
Congrats! Awwhh :'( A level maths will miss you :wink: But also be happy you got the A! :woo:
I think I got an A for my AS to :biggrin:

You'll be fine :hugs:

How did the exam go for you? You checked Arsey's solutions?

Well done mate, for staying true to your word :hat2:

You destroyed C2 as promised :colone:

I always stick to my promise mate. Can't believe I did n-1 for the sum of the first 15 terms, otherwise it would have been a full mark blowout.

Gratz on the 75/75. Feels great eh?
I think I may lose more than 1 mark because of it, and it's an international paper so grade boundaries could be worryingly high (asians are always all over these easy papers, plus S2 grade boundaries are always high). I'm actually worried I may lose too many raw marks and miss out on 90+ UMS altogether...

I doubt you made that many mistakes, how much is it usually for 90?
I remember Arsey doesn't do S2 so there's no way to find out :frown:
same haha, I didn't sample properly on part c) and only managed to get 8 samples for 2 , oh well 72/75 should be above 90 fo sure

I'm think I may have accidentally stated that data is positively skewed because mean>median, when the two parameters I calculated were mode and mean... hopefully not. Or maybe the examiner won't notice :colone:
I doubt you made that many mistakes, how much is it usually for 90?
I remember Arsey doesn't do S2 so there's no way to find out :frown:

It's been as high as 72 before, generally around 70.
I'm think I may have accidentally stated that data is positively skewed because mean>median, when the two parameters I calculated were mode and mean... hopefully not. Or maybe the examiner won't notice :colone:

International paper? Our paper had literally no questions related to skewness or definitions at all
Original post by James A
You'll be fine :hugs:

I always stick to my promise mate. Can't believe I did n-1 for the sum of the first 15 terms, otherwise it would have been a full mark blowout.

Gratz on the 75/75. Feels great eh?

Ahh unlucky, 74 is still a terrific score!

You bet! :redface: and thanks! :smile:
International paper? Our paper had literally no questions related to skewness or definitions at all

Yeah, international paper.
Ahh unlucky, 74 is still a terrific score!

You bet! :redface: and thanks! :smile:

I thought you said you made some error with some y-coordinate thingy :colone: congrats on the 75/75 if you did get it, though
Reply 3039
Original post by MAyman12
Sorry, what?

YOU HAVE HAD 22 EXAMS WHAT ARE YOU DOING LIKE 15 ALEVELS thats not healthy man !!

Latest

Trending

Trending