The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes I am staying at the halls!! :smile: good to know a person who is studying the same course with me!!
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Original post by Albionsaint
Hey, which campus will you be attending? I can only speak for the Paisley campus. The students union is very cheap, but never lively imo. If you want night outs, you are best going to Glasgow, short bus trip.

Paisley is a decent enough place, mostly residential.

Hamilton! Is the town itself any good, or is Hamilton even a town? I really haven't a notion about the place, I may just visit the place the Summer
Reply 22
I have been accepted for Photography, it's running at City of Glasgow college, the course is through UWS.
Any body else going to be on this course? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by _Melon_Juice
Hamilton! Is the town itself any good, or is Hamilton even a town? I really haven't a notion about the place, I may just visit the place the Summer

Hamilton is lovely, my mum stays just outside in Larkhall (not so lovely haha). Good wee shopping centre and loads of places to get food and drink. Great connections into Glasgow - trains and buses run every half hour or so.
Reply 24
Just as a bit of information there is a facebook group that has been set up by some science students so that prospective students can ask questions related to studying a science-based degree at UWS.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UWSScience/
Reply 25
Unconditional for Primary Education at the Ayr Campus, holla. Anyone joining me?
Anyone doing Filmmaking and Screen Writing? I have an unconditional, the course looks really exciting, although all new to me! Not overly buzzed about being in Ayr though
Original post by RElizabethm
Anyone doing Filmmaking and Screen Writing? I have an unconditional, the course looks really exciting, although all new to me! Not overly buzzed about being in Ayr though

I have a conditional for the course! Same if I'm honest, but the uni itself makes up for it being Ayr for me. Are you staying in halls?
Reply 28
Original post by RElizabethm

Yeah me to I've been doing the course at college and love it, but I am really not buzzed about Ayr, only things there are the beach and a night club
Reply 29
Hey, can you please help me with smth?
I want to apply to SAAS to cover my fees this fall. However, they asked me about my national insurance number
I am from Greece and I am applying as a EU student.
Whats a national insurance number? and do they want a UK number or my greek one?
Original post by Lucyintheskies
I have a conditional for the course! Same if I'm honest, but the uni itself makes up for it being Ayr for me. Are you staying in halls?

I have a conditional too! Just mailed UWS my results, pretty excited about the course.. Ayr seems fine to me, haha!
Reply 31
Original post by deardorothy
I have a conditional too! Just mailed UWS my results, pretty excited about the course.. Ayr seems fine to me, haha!

I had a conditional on year 2 but I didn't make it in happily though My letter saud if i didnt make it to year to i was allowed to join the first year course so il be starting again but it will help, which year are you starting?

Ah cool! Are you going into first year? I really don't know what to expect from Ayr, I'm from the other side of Scotland!
Original post by MikFranc
I had a conditional on year 2 but I didn't make it in happily though My letter saud if i didnt make it to year to i was allowed to join the first year course so il be starting again but it will help, which year are you starting?

Original post by Lucyintheskies
Ah cool! Are you going into first year? I really don't know what to expect from Ayr, I'm from the other side of Scotland!

Yeah, I'm starting year 1 too! I'm from Hungary, never been to the UK before, so I'm super stoked about studying abroad (:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Yeah, I'm starting year 1 too! I'm from Hungary, never been to the UK before, so I'm super stoked about studying abroad (:

Wow I guess you win the prize for furthest travelled haha
Original post by MikFranc
Wow I guess you win the prize for furthest travelled haha

Maybe, haha! Where are you guys from btw?
Reply 36
Maybe, haha! Where are you guys from btw?

Im from Scotland only bout forty minutes from the UNI haha so I'm getting a council flat nearby
Reply 37
Hi,

I applied for Computer Networking (Paisley), got conditional offer, but I passed all my exams and that was the requirement. So, anyone from Computer Networking here? :smile:

I'm not from Scotland, I've only been there a few times.
Reply 38
Original post by sarahh8
Unconditional for Primary Education at the Ayr Campus, holla. Anyone joining me?

I'm going to be doing Primary Education as well :smile: are you staying in halls? :smile:
Iv got an unconditional for zoology at paisley and just got my accomodation details im staying in flat 1H building 3 storie street if anyone else is around there :P

Quick Reply

Latest