The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 3 Economics ECON 3 4th June 2013

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what may come up? any advice before the exam etc.

I'm really hoping price discrimination will be one of the essay questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I'm doing this exam too and honestly speaking, I prefer unit 4 compared to 3. I don't feel very confident with these unit 3 essays =(
Reply 2
Original post by Skilled
Hey, I'm doing this exam too and honestly speaking, I prefer unit 4 compared to 3. I don't feel very confident with these unit 3 essays =(

I'm the total opposite!:/ unit 4 is worrying me. I'm hoping to get a B overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm hoping for a B overall too, let's pull it out the proverbial bag!
Reply 4
Original post by repressed
I'm hoping for a B overall too, let's pull it out the proverbial bag!

How'd you do in the first two units?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
77 and 45. Just resat the 45 (unit 2) on Friday though. What about you?
Does anyone else feel that the context questions are a bit awkward? Like it always asks about government policies but that's so vague and doesn't require that much theory, I really don't like these questions, can anyone shed some light about how best to answer these types of questions?
Reply 7
My boyfriend has this exam coming up and is really stressed about it, he attained an overall A at AS level but feels this unit may bring his grade down as he finds it much harder than unit 4.. any suggestions or predictions of what may come up which can be of any help to him?
Reply 8
Im not a big fan of Micro! Hardest unit I think!! Anyone got any hits or tips for the 25marker ?? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Superunknown17
Does anyone else feel that the context questions are a bit awkward? Like it always asks about government policies but that's so vague and doesn't require that much theory, I really don't like these questions, can anyone shed some light about how best to answer these types of questions?

Not really 'awkward' as such, enlighten me please

Any example? can definitely help
Reply 10
Original post by Eep!
Im not a big fan of Micro! Hardest unit I think!! Anyone got any hits or tips for the 25marker ?? :smile:

Insult us Micro Economists then ask for help? I think not :P
Reply 11
Original post by ska
My boyfriend has this exam coming up and is really stressed about it, he attained an overall A at AS level but feels this unit may bring his grade down as he finds it much harder than unit 4.. any suggestions or predictions of what may come up which can be of any help to him?

A caring person clearly, there is no real trend and therefore no way of predicting what will come up, however;
I would recommend:
- Going through your notes in line with the spec ( http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/business-studies/a-level/economics-2140/subject-content )
- Learning strong evaluation techniques, i use WEESTEPS
Wider Context (Using the context data (quotes))
Efficiency
Equity
Sustainability
Time (SR/LR)
Effectiveness
Prioritisation (Stongest points)
Scale (Does the policy affect a wide range of people .. etc)
- Revising over a section then looking over past questions based around this section, i have a word file of all past questions if you would like it, this can be writing up plans and comparing with mark schemes or doing the question
- Extras: Specific Economists to support points .. Quotes
- Current Data
- Other theories of the firm for strong conclusion/evaluation (Revenue Maximisation, Limit Pricing, Neo-keynesian theory of firm, Environmental Objectives, Satisficing)
Reply 12
Original post by Ecomax
A caring person clearly, there is no real trend and therefore no way of predicting what will come up, however;
I would recommend:
- Going through your notes in line with the spec ( http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/business-studies/a-level/economics-2140/subject-content )
- Learning strong evaluation techniques, i use WEESTEPS
Wider Context (Using the context data (quotes))
Efficiency
Equity
Sustainability
Time (SR/LR)
Effectiveness
Prioritisation (Stongest points)
Scale (Does the policy affect a wide range of people .. etc)
- Revising over a section then looking over past questions based around this section, i have a word file of all past questions if you would like it, this can be writing up plans and comparing with mark schemes or doing the question
- Extras: Specific Economists to support points .. Quotes
- Current Data
- Other theories of the firm for strong conclusion/evaluation (Revenue Maximisation, Limit Pricing, Neo-keynesian theory of firm, Environmental Objectives, Satisficing)

could you share that word file please?
Reply 13
Original post by dj_rubix
could you share that word file please?

Hmm, doesn't let me post it up, more than happy to email it around
I hope perfect competition does not come up.
Reply 15
Original post by Economics247
I hope perfect competition does not come up.

Why?
Reply 16
Original post by Ecomax
Hmm, doesn't let me post it up, more than happy to email it around

Can you E-mail it to me please?

Thanks
Reply 17
Original post by Skilled
Can you E-mail it to me please?

Thanks

Sure, PM me your email
Reply 18
Original post by Ecomax
Sure, PM me your email

Done!

Thanks
Original post by Ecomax
Why?

I don't really understand it. I hope something like Pollution permits comes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending