The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
Ahh yeah defo get some work done! I only have 2 left so i'm alright! Haha my bro works in an insurance firm
Yup, just gonna try prevent myself, doesn't really effect my grades too much at the moment (apart from in chem) but will stop me from getting an A* next year!
Good luck :smile:

Yeah I was planning to do about 10 hours today, maybe some more if it all goes to plan and I've only got 9 left to do now :tongue: That's pretty cool! Like what you did there by the way :wink: Well you should be fine for this year and just next year maybe slow down in the exam and triple check all your answers maybe with a different method, that's what I plan to do so far and I feel it will pay off this June, although I did write a little message on my M1 paper at the end and apparently that can be classed as defacement so I'm a little concerned that they won't give me the grade I got in the exam :-/ Thanks! I'm planning on smashing the remainder of my exams! :biggrin:
Reply 3081
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah I was planning to do about 10 hours today, maybe some more if it all goes to plan and I've only got 9 left to do now :tongue: That's pretty cool! Like what you did there by the way :wink: Well you should be fine for this year and just next year maybe slow down in the exam and triple check all your answers maybe with a different method, that's what I plan to do so far and I feel it will pay off this June, although I did write a little message on my M1 paper at the end and apparently that can be classed as defacement so I'm a little concerned that they won't give me the grade I got in the exam :-/ Thanks! I'm planning on smashing the remainder of my exams! :biggrin:

Original post by Felix Felicis
Haha, brilliant :rofl:

LOOL :P I couldn't help my self :^_^: It had to be done
Ahh yeah, I'm gonna try get 3 chem papers done today I should be alright!
Yeah defo, I do that sometimes but only in certain questions i'm gonna have to take your advice! As long as you didn't write anything too bad I doubt they'd care, after all i'm sure the markers want a little bit of entertainment whilst working!
Original post by James A
My advice would be to take your time and not rush the question. Obviously time management is crucial, but generally I tend to get through the questions at a steady pace.

When you read the questions, put down an asterisk next to all the key points, e.g. the range of values with angles, so that when you begin to attempt the question, you know what range you are working towards, etc.

Apart from that, it's not just about doing past papers, it's about remembering the harder questions and going over them again and trying to understand which parts of the questions are hard. That way, when it comes to the exam, you will be prepared for the worst questions (most of the time anyway ).

Btw, could you please give me tips on how to get at least 80-90% in two papers please :smile:
I do past papers and questions from the book, what else should i do to secure myself a B overall?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by tigerz
LOOL :P I couldn't help my self :^_^: It had to be done
Ahh yeah, I'm gonna try get 3 chem papers done today I should be alright!
Yeah defo, I do that sometimes but only in certain questions i'm gonna have to take your advice! As long as you didn't write anything too bad I doubt they'd care, after all i'm sure the markers want a little bit of entertainment whilst working!

I can imagine :tongue: And good luck with that, I've just done a C3 paper and I'm slightly worried about my score as it feels like I've forgotten some content of it :-/ Looks like I'll have to take another look in the book to help me remember it, still got above an A though, so it can only go up from here! :biggrin:

Yeah, I was trying to keep myself amused during the exam, so decided to write a little note to the examiner marking my paper, it didn't say anything bad at all so I doubt they'll penalise me for it, unless they're in a horrible mood -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
So that's AS Maths done. Easiest A-level AS course? Possibly. Can't think of what could be easier (not including general studies or stuff like that).

Btw before people start saying I'm being cocky, I'm saying it's the EASIEST A-level course, not saying it's easy!
Original post by GCSE-help
So that's AS Maths done. Easiest A-level AS course? Possibly. Can't think of what could be easier (not including general studies or stuff like that).

Btw before people start saying I'm being cocky, I'm saying it's the EASIEST A-level course, not saying it's easy!

I think it's the easiest to self teach and do.

Easier than history I can say that for sure!
Reply 3086
I can imagine :tongue: And good luck with that, I've just done a C3 paper and I'm slightly worried about my score as it feels like I've forgotten some content of it :-/ Looks like I'll have to take another look in the book to help me remember it, still got above an A though, so it can only go up from here! :biggrin:

Yeah, I was trying to keep myself amused during the exam, so decided to write a little note to the examiner marking my paper, it didn't say anything bad at all so I doubt they'll penalise me for it, unless they're in a horrible mood -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lols, thanks :biggrin: oohh you'll be fine (Y) that happens to me after I neglect something for a while, then it all comes rushing back! :colone:
Original post by tigerz
Lols, thanks :biggrin: oohh you'll be fine (Y) that happens to me after I neglect something for a while, then it all comes rushing back! :colone:

Thanks! I've only got about 20 days or so to remember it all so I think I should pick up my pace a bit :tongue:

Anyway I think I'm going to do my 3 hour mock STEP paper now as the thought of C3 and C4 are starting to bore me quite a lot and put me to sleep, although that could do more with the fact woke me up at half 6 this morning to get me to go in today -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3088
Thanks! I've only got about 20 days or so to remember it all so I think I should pick up my pace a bit :tongue:

Anyway I think I'm going to do my 3 hour mock STEP paper now as the thought of C3 and C4 are starting to bore me quite a lot and put me to sleep, although that could do more with the fact woke me up at half 6 this morning to get me to go in today -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh defo, work hard! Ohh good luck, my papers are 1 hour 45 mins but its CHEM grr, got 64/83 so far :')
Ouch, I woke up at 11 x_x (I needed that lie in, been ages)
Do the STEP, then do c3 then c4 then go back to step haha, cycle of maths
Haha, brilliant :rofl:

I never actually thought of it that way :teehee: "insurance firm" :rofl:
Reply 3090
Original post by justinawe
I never actually thought of it that way :teehee: "insurance firm" :rofl:

:giggle:

No more maths exams this year for me :frown:
^ (Gotta post something maths related)
Original post by tigerz
:giggle:

No more maths exams this year for me :frown:
^ (Gotta post something maths related)

I've got another 4 to go :colone:
Reply 3092
I've got another 4 to go :colone:

Ooohh wow, good luck which ones? :smile: aiming for 100/95 ums? :wink:
Original post by tigerz

None of this half-arsed 98 bullcrap :wink:
Original post by tigerz
Ahh defo, work hard! Ohh good luck, my papers are 1 hour 45 mins but its CHEM grr, got 64/83 so far :')
Ouch, I woke up at 11 x_x (I needed that lie in, been ages)
Do the STEP, then do c3 then c4 then go back to step haha, cycle of maths

Thanks and I've stopped it now as after 2 hours I've got my 4 solutions that I think would be enough to get me into my course :tongue: And I woke up rather late too after they rang, stayed in bed until about 10am which is quite a lie in for me considering I'm always up at 6 each morning and that would be good, I'll fit some Chemistry in somewhere along the way too
Reply 3095
Question for you all:
Would one revise for an M1 module resit if this person is doing M2 the whole year? Isn't there an overlap of skills etc?
Would revision be necessary?

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by tigerz

S3, C4, FP2, FP3. Aiming for 100 UMS, naturally :colone:

Why, of course not! :smug:
Reply 3097
Thanks and I've stopped it now as after 2 hours I've got my 4 solutions that I think would be enough to get me into my course :tongue: And I woke up rather late too after they rang, stayed in bed until about 10am which is quite a lie in for me considering I'm always up at 6 each morning and that would be good, I'll fit some Chemistry in somewhere along the way too

Ahh awesome, yeah I'm used to being up at around half 6 (although its because I get really hungry at that time LOOL, my mum complains because everyone else wakes up early to revise, yet I wake up to eat!)
Woop :smile: I still havn't finished the paper, mum made me hoover the house etc, gonna finish this paper in the next 10 mins though!

Original post by NabRoh
Question for you all:
Would one revise for an M1 module resit if this person is doing M2 the whole year? Isn't there an overlap of skills etc?
Would revision be necessary?

Thanks. :smile:

If there's a large overlap you don't need to worry too much but i'd say do a couple of past papers to prepare you specifically for M1 :smile: Also, it depends on what grade you want, if your aiming for 100 ums *cough* *cough* (justinawe) then i'd say do some revision!

S3, C4, FP2, FP3. Aiming for 100 UMS, naturally :colone:

Why, of course not! :smug:

Exactly, he goes all in :mmm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Ahh awesome, yeah I'm used to being up at around half 6 (although its because I get really hungry at that time LOOL, my mum complains because everyone else wakes up early to revise, yet I wake up to eat!)
Woop :smile: I still havn't finished the paper, mum made me hoover the house etc, gonna finish this paper in the next 10 mins though!

Me too... I wake up, eat, and then go back to sleep :teehee:

Exactly, he goes all in :mmm:

All or nothing :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by tigerz

I see, I'm just up at that time cause I feel like it :wink: Nah its really because I'm either going to 6th form or going to work, that's only once a week now though! And that's unfortunate, mine tried to make me do the same thing but I said no as my revision is more important :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending