The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language - June 4th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm going to revise for this a lot over half term. I got 76/80 in my coursework for Language so want to secure the A* here.
jan 2013 paper??? if anybody can locate it to me that'd be great
Original post by tazza ma razza
jan 2013 paper??? if anybody can locate it to me that'd be great

It's on this AQA English language thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42775942#post42775942

That thread seems more active so I recommend you ask your questions there as well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
by the way, i got 43/45 speaking and listening, i got 64/80 creative writing and something else lol

it appears that i need a total of 72/80 in the paper; i got 66 in the mock, nov 2012 and i missed out half of 1 question. it seems that this 72 seems to be achievable???
Original post by BP_Tranquility
It's on this AQA English language thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42775942#post42775942

That thread seems more active so I recommend you ask your questions there as well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

mate; you have my thanks
Original post by tazza ma razza
by the way, i got 43/45 speaking and listening, i got 64/80 creative writing and something else lol

it appears that i need a total of 72/80 in the paper; i got 66 in the mock, nov 2012 and i missed out half of 1 question. it seems that this 72 seems to be achievable???

Yes, that mark is certainly achievable, although how many UMS marks do you need? If you need full UMS in this exam then you can afford to lose a few more marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
How much are we meant to write or is recommended for each section?
hello ! I did the english language exam in january, well everyone in my year did it and I got 39/80, I know pretty rubbish! what grade would that be roughly? and how would I be able to achieve an A*? any help and resources would be perfect, thanks a million in advance! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by BP_Tranquility
For Speaking and Listening controlled assessments, I was given these marks: 26/30, 28/30. 28/30 which totals to 82/90 marks. However, on the AQA raw to UMS converter, the maximum raw mark is out of 45 and not 90, so has my teacher made a mistake or is this normal and I just have to halve my marks (to get it out of 45)? :smile:

I'm also doing that exam but I'm nervous for it since English is my weakest subject. :redface:

I was given mine as: 13/15, 14/15, 14/15 which adds up to 41/45.
I'm nervous too, I'm usually an A student, but in my mock I ended up with a D in English Language:unimpressed: I'm doing pretty much all the past papers possible
Original post by MrJamez
Does anybody have any tips for both the reading and writing section on the Foundation paper?

Worrying that I'm going to fail, many thanks in advance!

Section B is easy as long as you read articles and go through past papers.
Also, to get good words check on the reading section as they use a lot of complicated words. 9I found out this after I sat the exam in January.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending