The Student Room Group

AS AQA spanish exam 23rd May - Revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Lingo-Flamingo
Oh, forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't the state of worry be considered temporary, meaning 'estar' would be used? I assumed it would be the same as 'estar contento' or 'estar enamorado'? All these pesky grammatical rules can be confusing!

Sorry just got what you meant!!! Um.... Well it's hard, although I know that it depends on the time period used... Like if you said 'Hoy en día, la gente es muy preocupada por los medios de comunicación' that would be right I THINK! :biggrin: I don't know about to worry but I thought it was 'ser' in this instance :?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamesmact
Sorry just got what you meant!!! Um.... Well it's hard, although I know that it depends on the time period used... Like if you said 'Hoy en día, la gente es muy preocupada por los medios de comunicación' that would be right I THINK! :biggrin: I don't know about to worry but I thought it was 'ser' in this instance :?

Posted from TSR Mobile

basically this jamesmact guy is pretending to be clever... who even are you?
Original post by PennyTBBT
I thought some of the listening and reading questions were very odd and different to other papers, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!? Also the essay questions were weird and limiting. For the grammar I got 'son', 'se puso', 'apagar', 'iran', 'peleabamos', 'cuantas', 'cientos'(or something like that), 'infelices'... and then I put 'vuelvo' but I realise now I made a silly mistake, it was 'vuelto'! So annoyed about that! What did everyone else get?

I don't remember all of my answers, but I remember using peleábamos (not sure if you just left out the accent in typing).

Also, on one of the last questions (involving "ciento"); the sentence said something like "Sólo había _____ personas en el cine ayer" - since it's only 100 and no more, it's just cien (I realised this soon after the exam).
Original post by scienceandfaith
this is my 3rd time at this paper and that reading was one of the hardest i've done. rest was ok thou. good luck A2 resitters, hope you all get what you need :smile:

Heyy I'm in the same boat as you! Did you do the 2012 summer and 2013 January ones as your others?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
So glad "volver" was one of the grammar ones as it's past participle was the irregular "vuelta"

Seemed to be the one I always remembered so I'm glad, but omg that paper was horrid :/
Original post by EllieS96
So glad "volver" was one of the grammar ones as it's past participle was the irregular "vuelta"

Seemed to be the one I always remembered so I'm glad, but omg that paper was horrid :/

Sorry bud, 'vuelta' is used as a noun. La vuelta de Jésus.
'Vuelto' is the past participle of 'Volver'. He vuelto a la casa.
Reply 86
Original post by charliewilson
basically this jamesmact guy is pretending to be clever... who even are you?

Charlie lives at 23 Mentone Avenue, Aspley Guise. Go and rob him!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannabelle_
Heyy I'm in the same boat as you! Did you do the 2012 summer and 2013 January ones as your others?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ye :smile: did those 2. got a middle B first summer 2012, then jan 2013 i was one of an A grrr. wbu? defo thought the reading was harder but grammar was one of the best we've had.
Original post by scienceandfaith
ye :smile: did those 2. got a middle B first summer 2012, then jan 2013 i was one of an A grrr. wbu? defo thought the reading was harder but grammar was one of the best we've had.

Wow! You did quite well then! I'm guessing you're hoping for an A overall?
The social networking/phone addiction question was so strange! I kept checking to see if they had a given us an insert for it or something. But yeah I agree with grammar being easier!
Well I got a U then E, so I just hoping for better than that tbh haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannabelle_
Wow! You did quite well then! I'm guessing you're hoping for an A overall?
The social networking/phone addiction question was so strange! I kept checking to see if they had a given us an insert for it or something. But yeah I agree with grammar being easier!
Well I got a U then E, so I just hoping for better than that tbh haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ye an A hopefully just to go ha to my teacher who doesnt think i can lol. im sure you will have done better :smile: i think the essay questions were better and its usually the essay and content that screws people over.
Reply 90
Hey, I can't find this spanish paper on the internet, may I know which questions came up on the essay (the topics and if possible the question itself)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending