The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz

YAAY :smile: haha, he may pull through in the end but hes doing bad in quite a few of his subjects :s Oh well we shall wait and see! Depends on how motivated he is really

Yeah, you'll have to just wait until results day, that's when I decided to turn it all around and to break all my teachers expectations too :biggrin: Gonna go get some more work done now, oh joy oh joy.
Reply 3121
Original post by mynameisntbobk
It was alright :smile: lost around 9 marks (the cos trig question and the integration question) hoping to scrape an A now :smile: how about you? Fair enough AS proofs, but I can only imagine what A2 proofs must be like, there's also a new topic called 'numerical methods' :s-smilie:

The paper was just 'weird' for me, I knew how to do it all, but couldn't get confident in my answer, this made me make a few silly mistakes!
Yeah I started the trig question, made a silly mistake and ended up with a really weird answer! luckily it was a show that so I still did the rest. (Which is why I like proofs lols)
Apart from the integration question with the trapezium rule worth 2 marks (Don't really get the weird splitting bit), all the marks I lost were due to silly mistakes!

As long as I get an A overall i'll be satisfied :smile:
D/w I doubt its as bad as you think, I have a funny feeling numerical method is on of the 'pretty easy but annoying' topics

Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah, you'll have to just wait until results day, that's when I decided to turn it all around and to break all my teachers expectations too :biggrin: Gonna go get some more work done now, oh joy oh joy.

Haha yup I love it! They expected a lot in Jan I did average, they now expect me to do average but i'm sure I'll get an A or two :biggrin:
Ahh the joys of revising :nah:
(edited 10 years ago)
It was alright :smile: lost around 9 marks (the cos trig question and the integration question) hoping to scrape an A now :smile: how about you? Fair enough AS proofs, but I can only imagine what A2 proofs must be like, there's also a new topic called 'numerical methods' :s-smilie:

For C3, 'show that' questions are on a totally different level, it takes more thought hehe.
For numerical methods, you just sub in two values and if there is a change in sign then just say f(x) must equal 0 somewhere between the given interval and you get the marks :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by justinawe
Numerical methods questions are free marks, trust me on this one :tongue:

There are no real "proofs" in A-level maths, even at A2. It's still the same old ridiculously straightforward "show" questions where you apply one rule or formula and the whole answer just falls out nicely :redface:

Hopefully :tongue: Okay, I shall, if they're not, I'll get you :tongue:
Ahh okay, thats good :smile: I'm happy once again

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
That has got to be the dullest thing ever :nothing:

Confirmed my suspicions, defo not looking forward to it, other than that though, C3 looks pretty interesting, although there's a lot of new trig identities that I need to learn :frown:
, although there's a lot of new trig identities that I need to learn :frown:

And also graphs. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
The paper was just 'weird' for me, I knew how to do it all, but couldn't get confident in my answer, this made me make a few silly mistakes!
Yeah I started the trig question, made a silly mistake and ended up with a really weird answer! luckily it was a show that so I still did the rest. (Which is why I like proofs lols)
Apart from the integration question with the trapezium rule worth 2 marks (Don't really get the weird splitting bit), all the marks I lost were due to silly mistakes!

As long as I get an A overall i'll be satisfied :smile:
D/w I doubt its as bad as you think, I have a funny feeling numerical method is on of the 'pretty easy but annoying' topics

Haha yup I love it! They expected a lot in Jan I did average, they now expect me to do average but i'm sure I'll get an A or two :biggrin:

Some of the answers were really weird numbers :s-smilie: hate that about maths, it makes you all paranoid..I managed the proof question, it was the 7 marker I did awful in haha.. I got the trapezium rule question right and the part after that, it was that splitting integration question I did awful in, I got a clean number like 36, which was wrong..

I'm thinking the same, I can't be aiming for an A* anymore, maths was always the subject I thought I'd get predicted an A* for, now I'm just hoping I can pull of 90% in biology since its my only hope now
That's what everyone's said so far :tongue:

Original post by gaffer dean
For C3, 'show that' questions are on a totally different level, it takes more thought hehe.
For numerical methods, you just sub in two values and just say f(x) must equal 0 somewhere between the given interval and you get the marks :biggrin:

Haha, really hate that about maths, hate the thinking :tongue:
Sounds simple enough, looking forward to the marks :wink:
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
And also graphs. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure I'll be taken with that :eek: I hate linear graphs, let alone trig ones
Original post by tigerz

Yeah, just show them how its done :biggrin: And I agree, but its got to be done unfortunately :-/
Original post by Felix Felicis
M2 is going to be my biatch :K:

Looks like I've got some work to do if I'm going to get this 100 with people like you taking it as well!
I just wanted to know who else wanted to go All In or for full raw marks in M2 (like in Poker they put all their money in).

But apparently a lot (if you apply the law of averages :biggrin:) is going for 100% than I thought and that means its again not going to be easy.

I have not much idea of how M2 feels like for everyone else as I don't do it at school but the grade boundaries suggests its the same as M1 and that's again scary :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let the competition begin :tongue: And we'll also be doing the reserve paper for Edexcel as well so we shall see how it all goes
Reply 3130
Yeah, just show them how its done :biggrin: And I agree, but its got to be done unfortunately :-/

Indeed I shall definitely show them how its done! mhmm its unavoidable

Some of the answers were really weird numbers :s-smilie: hate that about maths, it makes you all paranoid..I managed the proof question, it was the 7 marker I did awful in haha.. I got the trapezium rule question right and the part after that, it was that splitting integration question I did awful in, I got a clean number like 36, which was wrong..

I'm thinking the same, I can't be aiming for an A* anymore, maths was always the subject I thought I'd get predicted an A* for, now I'm just hoping I can pull of 90% in biology since its my only hope now
That's what everyone's said so far :tongue:

Oh I love being intrigued by maths :curious: I'll still aim for it, not the type that gives up, The integration was fine for me, I made a silly mistake in differentiation though!
Yeah I messed up the splitting one but was 2 marks so minor damage
Let the competition begin :tongue: And we'll also be doing the reserve paper for Edexcel as well so we shall see how it all goes

Wow...the reserve paper...
But isn't that only released on June 24th?
If its not available online can you do a favour and upload it?:teeth:

EDIT: I get it now, lol yes the reserve paper. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz

Oh I love being intrigued by maths :curious: I'll still aim for it, not the type that gives up, The integration was fine for me, I made a silly mistake in differentiation though!
Yeah I messed up the splitting one but was 2 marks so minor damage

Haha do you? I'm more of a chemist if I'm honest.. was there even differentiation :colondollar: I've forgotten everything
I'm sure you did great :smile: fingers crossed for August
Reply 3133
Haha do you? I'm more of a chemist if I'm honest.. was there even differentiation :colondollar: I've forgotten everything
I'm sure you did great :smile: fingers crossed for August

Yup, I do! Doing chem right now but not enjoying it as much as maths, its too picky about its wording!
Yeah, find the co-ordinates and then state the nature :smile: yup fingers crossed we'll be fine
Original post by tigerz
Yup, I do! Doing chem right now but not enjoying it as much as maths, its too picky about its wording!
Yeah, find the co-ordinates and then state the nature :smile: yup fingers crossed we'll be fine

Haha wish I shared your enthusiasm for it. :eek: how can you say that? Which board are you on?
Oh right, yeah, I got (4,something) and it was a minimum I think
Wow...the reserve paper...
But isn't that only released on June 24th?
If its not available online can you do a favour and upload it?:teeth:

EDIT: I get it now, lol yes the reserve paper. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do you feel ready for the exam then? What would you like to appear in the exam?
Better question is there any other years 12 sitting M2? Don't wanna feel alone :frown:
Reply 3137
Haha wish I shared your enthusiasm for it. :eek: how can you say that? Which board are you on?
Oh right, yeah, I got (4,something) and it was a minimum I think

OCR, I do salters B end up getting the content right but phrasing wrong >.< Yeah it was a minimum point!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Better question is there any other years 12 sitting M2? Don't wanna feel alone :frown:

:K:
Original post by tigerz
OCR, I do salters B end up getting the content right but phrasing wrong >.< Yeah it was a minimum point!

Oh, that one :s-smilie: good luck is pretty much all I can say :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending