The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Hi guys I'm looking for 2-3 students who want to move in to private accommodation.
Have found a few nice places close to campus, but I need flat mates.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 781
Original post by MSc2014
Hi guys I'm looking for 2-3 students who want to move in to private accommodation.
Have found a few nice places close to campus, but I need flat mates.

Word of warning, don't use Habitio letting agents!!
Original post by Mun91
Thanks for the info HappyParrot! I am just curious why most people chose to stay in the student village instead of city. I hope I made the right choice though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well its where all the freshers are!! Probably the only reason!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
Original post by Hart1995
Well its where all the freshers are!! Probably the only reason!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. It is great to know that. Well, I suppose I am part of them too. A twinning student here.
Reply 784
Hello, I'm going to Leicester this September. And I have a question about Opal Court. what is the difference between Standard+ Ensuite and Premium Ensuite at Opal Court? I read Your Room (types explained) for 2013/14 Session, but I couldn't find any difference.
Original post by Jagbee
Hello, I'm going to Leicester this September. And I have a question about Opal Court. what is the difference between Standard+ Ensuite and Premium Ensuite at Opal Court? I read Your Room (types explained) for 2013/14 Session, but I couldn't find any difference.

They will offer exactly the same but Premium will just be a bigger room/ensuite.
Original post by Jagbee

Double_Bedroom.JPG
Premium Ensuite
Single_Bedroom_.JPG
Standard Ensuite

You get a larger table, larger room and double bed for Premium Ensuite:smile:
I can send you some pictures of my room, I'm staying in Premium Ensuite.
Could anyone put a picture on of standard ensuite in Beaumont? :smile: PLEASEE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by Hunter_scfc
They will offer exactly the same but Premium will just be a bigger room/ensuite.

Hi, Hunter_scfc. Thank you so much for all this information. Hmmm, Premium will be a just bigger room.
Reply 789
Hi, HappyParrot. Thank you so much for all pictures. Both rooms look nice.
Reply 790
Hey guys. Do you guys know of any cheap temporary accommodation near University of Leicester? My term accommodation in Opal only starts from 29th September onwards. I am expected to be there early September. However, I will arrive earlier than that say, 28th August? Most of the private halls only offered me a stay for about 2 weeks. :frown:. I need a temporary accommodation for about 31 days.
Original post by Mun91
Hey guys. Do you guys know of any cheap temporary accommodation near University of Leicester? My term accommodation in Opal only starts from 29th September onwards. I am expected to be there early September. However, I will arrive earlier than that say, 28th August? Most of the private halls only offered me a stay for about 2 weeks. :frown:. I need a temporary accommodation for about 31 days.

Hi I have to be back in late Aug early Sept too (failed my exam:frown:)
I know Nixon does provide accommodation service during summer so I sent them an email, this is their reply:
We do offer vacation accommodation in Nixon Court and Freemen’s Common. This is for a minimum booking of 1 week and is available anytime between the end of July and 13th September. The applications for vacation accommodation will be available to book from next week. Please keep checking the website for more information. Please note that we cannot guarantee vacation accommodation.
Reply 792
Original post by HappyParrot
Hi I have to be back in late Aug early Sept too (failed my exam:frown:)
I know Nixon does provide accommodation service during summer so I sent them an email, this is their reply:
We do offer vacation accommodation in Nixon Court and Freemen’s Common. This is for a minimum booking of 1 week and is available anytime between the end of July and 13th September. The applications for vacation accommodation will be available to book from next week. Please keep checking the website for more information. Please note that we cannot guarantee vacation accommodation.

I am sorry to hear that HappyParrot. You will do just fine the next round! Yeah. No halls can provide a temporary stay up to a month. The thought of having to shift a couple of times until the term accommodation is available scares me. :frown:
Reply 793
Hi,

Does anyone know the room layouts for self catered standard single?

I recall from the open day some halls were arranged where a whole corridor of 20-30 rooms would share a communal kitchen/bathroom, and others were arranged where a cluster of 6 or so rooms had their own kitchen/bathroom. Any ideas which halls have the latter arrangement.

Cheers!
Reply 794
Original post by munkey101
Hi,

I recall from the open day some halls were arranged where a whole corridor of 20-30 rooms would share a communal kitchen/bathroom, and others were arranged where a cluster of 6 or so rooms had their own kitchen/bathroom. Any ideas which halls have the latter arrangement.

Cheers!

Hiya!
It sounds like you're talking about the converted houses so that'll be self-catered single in John Foster and GMS :smile:
Reply 795
Original post by zoe_grace
Hi, Can anyone tell me which accommodation they think would be best for me please?
I'm trying to choose between Beaumont and GMS.... I want an en suite .....I would prefer to be self catered but is self catered significantly less sociable? I really want to be somewhere with a nice atmosphere where people go out frequently and is really sociable?... Thanks :smile:

Beaumont has very few self-catered rooms, so I'd go self-catered GMS. The best of the lot is Bowder Court, 6 to a flat, 18 to a block, massive kitchens so very sociable! I's say self-catered is actually more sociable, because you have large kitchens to socialize in rather than the teeny one's in catered! Self-catered ensuite John Foster is nice too :smile:
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me for more info :smile:
Hi,

Cheers!

Pretty sure that no hall has 20-30 rooms sharing the one bathroom/kitchen....
Reply 797
Original post by SimbaLion
Hiya!
It sounds like you're talking about the converted houses so that'll be self-catered single in John Foster and GMS :smile:

That's great, Ive gone for GMS for first choice, haven't heard a great deal of good things about john foster so randomly picked the rest; guess ill see where I get put!
Original post by SirMasterKey

Yeah that does seem a bit crazy, I most likely misheard.
Original post by SirMasterKey

There is a large number in beaumont that does but not 20/30

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great, Ive gone for GMS for first choice, haven't heard a great deal of good things about john foster so randomly picked the rest; guess ill see where I get put!

Yeah that does seem a bit crazy, I most likely misheard.

In Beaumont there is three blocks of 20-30 people on a ground and first floor. They are all catered students and each have one kitchen on each floor. They then have two bathrooms on each side of the block with two/three showers and toilets in each. Hope this clarifies things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending