The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by CSM1996
Hopefully!!

I was like that at the start of the year and was like "Will I be able to do it" but trust me, it's not that hard especially when some are easy marks. Like the formation of features like corries are basically the same except with a tiny wee bit more detail. Yeah highers ain't that, I think people make them out to be worse than they actually are, although you realise at the end of the year how much you have to learn in such a short space of time :lol:

I like formations! That was what I was revising today - made a wee booklet :smile: aha! It must be extremely daunting at the start, I'm sure ill know that feeling in a couple of weeks. I keep getting warnings off of teachers of the impending work load which keeps me frightened Ahah! I think English may be a jump though especially as I am doing SG and the work for SG is completely different to higher and int 2. Oh well, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel :smile: good luck for your remaining exams, how many do you have left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bromaldehyde
I am ****ting myself for English next year. It's gonna be tough.

I'm just going to put it here that Higher English is every bit as hard as you think it'll be :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 322
Original post by CanineVet
I like formations! That was what I was revising today - made a wee booklet :smile: aha! It must be extremely daunting at the start, I'm sure ill know that feeling in a couple of weeks. I keep getting warnings off of teachers of the impending work load which keeps me frightened Ahah! I think English may be a jump though especially as I am doing SG and the work for SG is completely different to higher and int 2. Oh well, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel :smile: good luck for your remaining exams, how many do you have left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I barely know any right now haha. I'm banking on a couple of days quick revision hoping I can take in as much as possible :tongue: Init teachers always say "you will have so much homework" "workload is so much" but tbh I barely had any homework this year :lol: My teachers barely give out any so I got it lucky. Apparently English is a jump from SG, I done int 2 and I couldn't do it, then higher was basically the same except harder so I couldn't od that either :frown: :frown: And thanks! Just geography and chemistry (30th and 31st) Good luck for your remaining ones!
Guys, I found out a day ago that I got a place at the United World College in Costa Rica to study the IB!!! Except, I didn't get a scholarship so I have to come up with £35,000 to cover the two years - of which I only have about ~£10,000 of. Does anybody have any ideas to fundraise this? (Other than calling companies - I'm already on that)
Original post by Princepieman
Guys, I found out a day ago that I got a place at the United World College in Costa Rica to study the IB!!! Except, I didn't get a scholarship so I have to come up with £35,000 to cover the two years - of which I only have about ~£10,000 of. Does anybody have any ideas to fundraise this? (Other than calling companies - I'm already on that)

Christ Almighty dude, who are you , Eduardo Saverin ?
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'm just going to put it here that Higher English is every bit as hard as you think it'll be :smile:

Whoopee.
Christ Almighty dude, who are you , Eduardo Saverin ?

I don't even know who that is :confused:
I don't even know who that is :confused:

Watch the Social Network, haha.

Don't worry, it was a compliment.
Watch the Social Network, haha.

Don't worry, it was a compliment.

Ahhh, I get who you're talking about now! Mark's supposed 'co-founder'

That took me a while, I'm having a slow day man cut me some slack..

uhhhh.. why do you want to go to Costa Rica to study? :confused:
Original post by Pennyarcade
uhhhh.. why do you want to go to Costa Rica to study? :confused:

Because.... I have gone through the whole process of applying, travelling to Wales for interviews and getting rejected initially. I think I might want to go after being given the opportunity.

Also, UWC is unique in that the organisation draws young people from circa ~ 120 countries through their respective "national committees" that select them. Usually with a scholarship - the british national committee is pretty low on resources so they don't give out a lot. Back to the point, these young people apply to UWC because the ideals within the schools fit in with them. Essentially, they want promote peace through education and giving back to the communities of where the schools are based. The excellent alumni base that are doing amazing things: like starting up schools in Africa, furthering cancer research and the unique education creates for me at least an ideal institution.

*Not to mention, Nelson Mandela is the chairman of this 'movement'. :wink:
Because.... I have gone through the whole process of applying, travelling to Wales for interviews and getting rejected initially. I think I might want to go after being given the opportunity.

Also, UWC is unique in that the organisation draws young people from circa ~ 120 countries through their respective "national committees" that select them. Usually with a scholarship - the british national committee is pretty low on resources so they don't give out a lot. Back to the point, these young people apply to UWC because the ideals within the schools fit in with them. Essentially, they want promote peace through education and giving back to the communities of where the schools are based. The excellent alumni base that are doing amazing things: like starting up schools in Africa, furthering cancer research and the unique education creates for me at least an ideal institution.

*Not to mention, Nelson Mandela is the chairman of this 'movement'. :wink:

that kind of makes sense but its one heck of alot of money though
Reply 332
Original post by CSM1996
I barely know any right now haha. I'm banking on a couple of days quick revision hoping I can take in as much as possible :tongue: Init teachers always say "you will have so much homework" "workload is so much" but tbh I barely had any homework this year :lol: My teachers barely give out any so I got it lucky. Apparently English is a jump from SG, I done int 2 and I couldn't do it, then higher was basically the same except harder so I couldn't od that either :frown: :frown: And thanks! Just geography and chemistry (30th and 31st) Good luck for your remaining ones!

Thanks just geography for me thank god! :smile: I hope I don't have ones on consecutive days that must be a nightmare :frown: aha! You'll be fine :smile: Teachers are dreadful for that, I would like to say "exaggerate" but I don't want to risk it :tongue: I'm very worried for that jump :s-smilie: not looking forward to it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 333
Original post by CanineVet
Thanks just geography for me thank god! :smile: I hope I don't have ones on consecutive days that must be a nightmare :frown: aha! You'll be fine :smile: Teachers are dreadful for that, I would like to say "exaggerate" but I don't want to risk it :tongue: I'm very worried for that jump :s-smilie: not looking forward to it at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well mine were sort of spread out, so I've been more than happy apart from my last two :frown: Depends on the school though, I guess my school just expect no one to do the homework so we get like none :tongue: Well I hope you enjoy higher English, I for one miss it already :colone:
Reply 334
Original post by CSM1996
Well mine were sort of spread out, so I've been more than happy apart from my last two :frown: Depends on the school though, I guess my school just expect no one to do the homework so we get like none :tongue: Well I hope you enjoy higher English, I for one miss it already :colone:

Sorry I never saw your reply! Aw that's crap I hope that doesn't happen to me next year! But I can see the inevitability of having 5 exams in the one week. :tongue: My school loves to give out homework :frown: especially the modern languages dept. haha thanks ... I'm sure I will.... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, that was my last exam. Nice to be able to waste time on the Internet without feeling like I'm screwing up my future by doing so.
Original post by SpanishInquisition
Well, that was my last exam. Nice to be able to waste time on the Internet without feeling like I'm screwing up my future by doing so.

Lucky ! I still have one left :frown:
No more exams!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :banana: :banana2: :banana:
OH MY WORD I've seen my new timetable and I think I'm going to jump out a window. It's horrendous!
Original post by jackamakka
OH MY WORD I've seen my new timetable and I think I'm going to jump out a window. It's horrendous!

English to end the day twice? Poor thing. Not as bad as having 2 free periods before English, when its your last subject, on a Friday. Postponing my weekend for just English... Yucky.

Latest

Trending

Trending