The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420

someone help me with this, im just clueless on knowing how to even start it.

I was thinking of the sin(a+b) and cos(a+b) but the squared is getting me :s-smilie:
does any one have any good integration by recognition questions?
Original post by QwertyG

someone help me with this, im just clueless on knowing how to even start it.

I was thinking of the sin(a+b) and cos(a+b) but the squared is getting me :s-smilie:

Don't let it get to you, there's really nothing to it.

[sin(θ+π4)]2+[cos(θπ4)]2\left[ \sin \left( \theta + \dfrac{\pi}{4} \right) \right]^2 + \left[ \cos \left( \theta - \dfrac{\pi}{4} \right) \right]^2

Apply the addition formulae to the sin and cos, then expand the brackets.

It'll come out a lot easier than you think.
Reply 1423
Original post by MedMed12
It was a nice paper. Having looked at the unofficial mark scheme I was all correct until the final question where I got it right, crossed it out because I thought I was wrong and did something else. I actually cried when I saw that...if I got it wrong I would have been like fine, but the fact I had the right answer then crossed it out -_- I did that in chemistry last year too :/
also, the c3 and c4 papers have been accidently released somehow so we are having the back ups...I wonder what would happen if those are released accidently too :tongue:

Bachariii.....:tongue:
Original post by laurawoods
Hello, what mechanisms do people have in order to avoid careless mistakes? :smile:

Also, how are people revising for any retake C3 exams? :smile:

Most effective for me is simply double checking by redoing all calculations quickly once i've finished a question. I tend to do it once i've finished each question because coming back to questions confuses me :tongue:

I know a lot of people just like to work a little slower though, as mistakes usually come from rushing, it all depends on how fast you work in the exam :smile:
Reply 1425
:colondollar:
summer is so close now :biggrin:

lool not really :tongue:
shhh it keeps me going :tongue: c4 will be in 3 weeks this tues.

why you reminding us?!!! :unimpressed::afraid::ashamed2::bawling:
Original post by masryboy94
why you reminding us?!!! :unimpressed::afraid::ashamed2::bawling:

1. those who think they have all the time in the world might get a little kick start to work
2. for those who are working hard, it'll all be over soon :biggrin:
I'm only just starting my C3 practice after not doing it for a good 3-4 weeks, lets see how this goes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. those who think they have all the time in the world might get a little kick start to work
2. for those who are working hard, it'll all be over soon :biggrin:

let's rephrase that then since that was two very valid points ... why you reminding ME? !!! lool
let's rephrase that then since that was two very valid points ... why you reminding ME? !!! lool

I wasn't directly..you just happened to see my post stating it :h:
Hows c4 revision going? (and c3 if you're sitting that too)
I wasn't directly..you just happened to see my post stating it :h:
Hows c4 revision going? (and c3 if you're sitting that too)

hahaha yehyeh :P

not too bad i guess for both C3 and C4, feels so long since i've touched C3, but im coping so thats good :biggrin: ... how about you?
hahaha yehyeh :P

not too bad i guess for both C3 and C4, feels so long since i've touched C3, but im coping so thats good :biggrin: ... how about you?

I need to step it up with C3 I think-doing it atm, C4 is OK I guess.
Have you started past papers? Have you applied to University this year?
Original post by ACBLISS
lool not really :tongue:

sh keeps me going!
I need to step it up with C3 I think-doing it atm, C4 is OK I guess.
Have you started past papers? Have you applied to University this year?

same here i need to step it up with C3 ! ... and yep i've started on papers. kinda need to with exams so close. yeh i've been offered a conditional offer at KCL for AAA and insured QM who want BBB
can anyone help with part C in this question? :confused: thank you.
Reply 1436
Hey guys!

I don't really know why I'm posting this but I've been crying for the last half an hour because I'm scared I won't get an A in maths...

I retook C1 this May and definately got 90+ then spent the WHOLE of last week revising C2 but I didn't go to plan (I needed 90+ in that) so I'm stuck with my 82 I got initially, which is so annoying as i basically wasted a whole week for nothing :frown: My D1 exam I did went AWFUL!! I'm praying I just scraped a C. And for S1 last year I got 74..

So basically I NEED C3 and C4 to go exceptinally well, meaning I HAVE to get 85+ in each. (But I dunno how high my C1 grade will be so I need to get 85 and 88 minimum in C3 and C4)

I know some of you here got those grades but are pushing for 90+, so how did you revsie? Thing is I won't have time to do all the Solomon papers!!! That's just not possible - I'll barely have time to do all the past papers. But I will definately go through papers from 2005-2013....

Will that be enough do you think??? That's a lot of papers, and I have looked at some 'hard' C3/C4 questions as I did some questions from Solomon papers..
Please say it will be fine - I'm gonna work as hard as I can I'm just so scared I'll miss the A :frown:

Sorry for the ramble.. I really wanted to let it all out..
Really reaally need the A for Uni, I just can't miss it - I have to get in!!
Any reply will be appreciated
Original post by niki135
Hey guys!

I don't really know why I'm posting this but I've been crying for the last half an hour because I'm scared I won't get an A in maths...

I retook C1 this May and definately got 90+ then spent the WHOLE of last week revising C2 but I didn't go to plan (I needed 90+ in that) so I'm stuck with my 82 I got initially, which is so annoying as i basically wasted a whole week for nothing :frown: My D1 exam I did went AWFUL!! I'm praying I just scraped a C. And for S1 last year I got 74..

So basically I NEED C3 and C4 to go exceptinally well, meaning I HAVE to get 85+ in each. (But I dunno how high my C1 grade will be so I need to get 85 and 88 minimum in C3 and C4)

I know some of you here got those grades but are pushing for 90+, so how did you revsie? Thing is I won't have time to do all the Solomon papers!!! That's just not possible - I'll barely have time to do all the past papers. But I will definately go through papers from 2005-2013....

Will that be enough do you think??? That's a lot of papers, and I have looked at some 'hard' C3/C4 questions as I did some questions from Solomon papers..
Please say it will be fine - I'm gonna work as hard as I can I'm just so scared I'll miss the A :frown:

Sorry for the ramble.. I really wanted to let it all out..
Really reaally need the A for Uni, I just can't miss it - I have to get in!!
Any reply will be appreciated

my advice for you at this moment of time which is what im doing with 2 weeks to C3 and 3 weeks to C4 is to JUST do soloman papers, forget doing past papers for now. honestly best advice i probably ever got from a friend of mine who did only soloman papers for the C3 january exam and got 97 UMS in the end. and to be time efficient, in the soloman papers if you are 100% sure that you can answer a question skip it and move on, do the challenging questions to help you notice your weaknesses. anything you might not understand you've got us here and you have exam solutions. VERY HELPFUL ! http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Edexcel/period-1/specification.php

dw you can get that grade you want !!! have faith in yourself. :biggrin:
Original post by niki135
x

Maths isn't actually very difficult. All you have to do is practise practise pratctise, so that they can't throw you off in the exam. If you've done as much as you can, there is no reason why you shouldn't get 100 UMS in both C3 and C4. Practise is key.
Hi guys!! I'm having both c3 and c4 too this June, so how's everyone revision going??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending