OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by fats_12
Our teachers our predicting strict liability and insanity/ automatism

Posted from TSR Mobile

100% Insanity and automatism
Reply 141
So insanity and autom will most definitely be section C?...
Reply 142
I would most definitely not leave a topic out, in some questions you even get a mix of four topics; for example in a problem question I have seen insanity/automatism/intoxication/self-defence or murder/duress/self-defence/intoxication. Therefore, I would strongly recommend, that although you may learn some topics more than others, at least have an understanding of all the topics so you are prepared. :smile:
Reply 143
I am going through the past papers and below you can see in what section the questions, in relation with the special study, came up on:

January 2010: Section B
June 2010: Section C

January 2011: Section C
June 2011: Section B

January 2012: Section C
June 2012: Section C

January 2013: Section C
June 2013: Insanity/Automatism most likely to come up in Section B. (This is only a guess)
Reply 144
Apologies for posting three times in a row but I wanted to share my predictions with you, and if possible, please share your thoughts:

Section A
Offences Against the Person (+ Consent)
Attempts
Duress/ Necessity

Section B
Involuntary Manslaughter (+ Self defence/ Intoxication)
Insanity/Automatism
Omissions (+ Causation)

Section C
Theft/Robbery/Burglary
Murder and the defences
Reply 145
Original post by Maerim
Apologies for posting three times in a row but I wanted to share my predictions with you, and if possible, please share your thoughts:

Section A
Offences Against the Person (+ Consent)
Attempts
Duress/ Necessity

Section B
Involuntary Manslaughter (+ Self defence/ Intoxication)
Insanity/Automatism
Omissions (+ Causation)

Section C
Theft/Robbery/Burglary
Murder and the defences

Q1) causation attempts duress/intoxication
Q2) hard to predict but non fatals or property
Q3) insanity/Automatism murder/manslaughter

Iv based my predictions of past papers wat have u done lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by qr95
Q2) hard to predict but non fatals or property

Original post by Maerim
I am going through the past papers and below you can see in what section the questions, in relation with the special study, came up on:

January 2010: Section B
June 2010: Section C

January 2011: Section C
June 2011: Section B

January 2012: Section C
June 2012: Section C

January 2013: Section C
June 2013: Insanity/Automatism most likely to come up in Section B. (This is only a guess)

Look through the pattern above. Do you think it is more likely Insanity/Automatism will come up in Section C?
Reply 147
What about this then? Because both of us had similar predictions, just in different Sections.

Q2) non-fatals involuntary manslaughter/omissions theft

Reply 148
Original post by Maerim
What about this then? Because both of us had similar predictions, just in different Sections.

Q2) non-fatals involuntary manslaughter/omissions theft

Yh sounds better how can involuntary manslaughter n omission come together, hw long u been revising ? Wat marks u on in total so far in law
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 149
Original post by qr95
Yh sounds better how can involuntary manslaughter n omission come together

When you have to talk about gross negligence manslaughter and for example, if a question is about a doctor who fails to do something you might have to explain the law relating to omissions in relation to doctors and medical treatment.
Reply 150
Original post by Maerim
When you have to talk about gross negligence manslaughter and for example, if a question is about a doctor who fails to do something you might have to explain the law relating to omissions in relation to doctors and medical treatment.

Thanks wat mark r u on overall in law?
Reply 151
Original post by qr95
Thanks wat mark r u on overall in law?

I'm not sure what my mark is, I need 109/120 to get an A overall. However, I retook one exam from last year which I feel went well; presumably I need less than 109 now, hopefully something around 85-90. :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by Maerim
I'm not sure what my mark is, I need 109/120 to get an A overall. However, I retook one exam from last year which I feel went well; presumably I need less than 109 now, hopefully something around 85-90. :smile:

Thats good all iv revised is omission and causation lol, also lookin at past papers murder hasnt come up in section 1 for some time and causation has been in section 2 since it came up as an essay in section A.
Reply 153
Murder came up June 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
Original post by aaf
Murder came up June 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Murder- mens rea came up not murder itself
Reply 155
hey guys.. since a lot of people predicting causation to come up, iv got an essay plan my teacher put together for us, however I don't know how to attach it on here.. help anyone?
Bloody hope Insanity/Automatism won't come up, i've not looked at it since January exam. Praying for Attempts / Omissions / Strict Liability, I'll nail it then.
Reply 157
Original post by fats_12
hey guys.. since a lot of people predicting causation to come up, iv got an essay plan my teacher put together for us, however I don't know how to attach it on here.. help anyone?

You have a "Insert Image" icon, if you click on it you can also attach a document. :smile:
For the fifty markers, how much sides are we lookin at roughly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
Original post by Maerim
You have a "Insert Image" icon, if you click on it you can also attach a document. :smile:

Yea that's what I tried doing but it won't upload :frown: I'll try again though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest