The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London - postgraduate offer holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Thanks loads Socto! Really appreciate the detailed reply.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Hi everyone, are there any soon to be nursing students (post-grad) who may be interested in looking for accomodation near the waterloo campus? Would be good to find a group xxx
Reply 22
Hey there Bee6,
I got my offer for the PG Dip in Child Nursing a few days ago, would definitely be up for making a few makes to search for accomodation with! From my googling so far it's a bit daunting!
Original post by romil
Hello,
I will be firming Kings (M.Sc Physics) if I don't get s call from Cambridge. :smile:
Just on the lookout for funds. Any scholarships or grants for international students would be highly helpful. :smile:

P.S : I am from India. :smile:

Hello Romil. I am from Bangladesh. I applied to a biomedical programme at KCL. Would u plz tell me when u applied and how long KCL took to give their decision? btw Do u have a cGPA system at ur university in India?
Reply 24
MA in Film Studies, and from California!

What's the best way to secure private accommodation before we arrive? I have friends already going to King's who I'm hoping to live with, but is it difficult to sign a lease with a landlord if I'm not in the country yet? Is there any way to make signing process easier?

Excited for Fall 13!
Reply 25
I wanted to ask about employability after MSc as I am confused whether I should take a loan to fund my studies or not?.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have opted for MSc Physics.

@olive ; KCL took approx 2-3 weeks and we have a percentage system here in India?
How are you financing your studies?
Reply 26
Hi guys, l received my offer for MSc in Biomedical and Molecular Sciences :smile: But still waiting for scholarship decions ( Kings lnternational Scholarships). Anyone else like me? I heard that it is little bit difficult to take this scholarship but l am still hopeful:smile:
Reply 27
hello guys! I'm new on the thread and I think its a great idea BTW. I firmed for Msc. Clinical Nursing for international students as I'm from Ghana and applied for accomodation at Great Dover. I also applied for Commonwealth shared scholarship and I noticed I was recommended by KCL to the commonwealth for the scholarship. Anyone else applied for CSSC??? Feedbacks pleaseee.
Reply 28
Hey,

I have accepted my offer for a M.A. in Spanish/Latin American Studies.

I'll be coming from Montréal and am looking forward to King's/London.
Reply 29
I got an offer of Computing, IT law and Management.

To add to the thread on staying in London, there are student travelcards(oyster card) with 30% discount for students. (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14312.aspx)
Reply 30
Does anyone know what our chances are for getting a place at student residences as a postgraduate? e.g. at The Refectory, Stamford Street Apartments, Intercollegiate Halls?
Reply 31
I applied for King's a couple of weeks ago, still waiting to hear back. I applied for MSc International Marketing... I'm just wondering if King's is reputable for business/management?? Congrats to you all that have been accepted!
Reply 32
Original post by bee6
Hi everyone, are there any soon to be nursing students (post-grad) who may be interested in looking for accomodation near the waterloo campus? Would be good to find a group xxx

Hello,

Are you still looking for places to live near Waterloo. I will be starting Post-grad Children's Nursing in September and i'm keen to secure a room soon.

Cheers

Kathryn
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in applying for the KCL course too- I have a 2:1 from Manchester in Politics and Modern History, but it was only a 63%. I've seen that King's tend to ask for 65%- would this mean an automatic rejection? It's a topic I'm incredibly interested in (taken trips to Berlin to learn more about Cold War security issues, I was a researcher at the European Parliament and there I specialized in researching defence), or should I cut my losses and apply somewhere else?
Original post by gingerbread_traveller
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in applying for the KCL course too- I have a 2:1 from Manchester in Politics and Modern History, but it was only a 63%. I've seen that King's tend to ask for 65%- would this mean an automatic rejection? It's a topic I'm incredibly interested in (taken trips to Berlin to learn more about Cold War security issues, I was a researcher at the European Parliament and there I specialized in researching defence), or should I cut my losses and apply somewhere else?

KCL didn't ask me my percentage, all they saw was my degree certificate with the final classification.
Reply 35
Hi everyone!

I'm doing "Philosophy of Mental Disorder" at King's. I would love to get in contact with fellow philosophers heading to King's for postgraduate study this September.

I currently live in Bristol and I have know idea whether I will move to London or commute. I would like to live there, but I'm worried it will be just too expensive. Thank you Socto for your informative post - if anyone else can provide information on affordable areas to live in London, please do so. I don't know where to start!
Hi!
I am coming to King's in the fall for a Masters in English: 1850-Present. I am an international student coming from America and would love to connect with anyone heading over in the fall. I am pretty nervous about housing. I am applying for student accommodation, but if any previous King's students have advice on how likely it will be to secure a place or could give info about easy alternatives in a private sector I would really appreciate it. Looking forward to meeting everyone :biggrin:
Michelle
Reply 37
Original post by michellekcl
Hi!
I am coming to King's in the fall for a Masters in English: 1850-Present. I am an international student coming from America and would love to connect with anyone heading over in the fall. I am pretty nervous about housing. I am applying for student accommodation, but if any previous King's students have advice on how likely it will be to secure a place or could give info about easy alternatives in a private sector I would really appreciate it. Looking forward to meeting everyone :biggrin:
Michelle

Hi Michelle! I am also coming to King's this year and I am an international student from South Africa :smile: I am feeling the exact same way about housing and I would also appreciate any information that others can give :biggrin: Which campus will you be going to Michelle and which residence is at the top of your list? :smile: From Kelly
Original post by KelWFord
Hi Michelle! I am also coming to King's this year and I am an international student from South Africa :smile: I am feeling the exact same way about housing and I would also appreciate any information that others can give :biggrin: Which campus will you be going to Michelle and which residence is at the top of your list? :smile: From Kelly

Hi Kelly!
I would be at the strand campus! What would you be studying? And I know! I am worried about not getting a place because I am going to need to find one!!
For those not in UK, when are you planning to arrive in London?

I'm thinking of around 8th till 12th Sep. Hopefully that provides sufficient time to look for housing should I still be homeless.

Quick Reply

Latest