The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I do GCSEs but also sitting an A2 and AS :smile: mainly WJEC! But for sciences I'm OCR, RE is AQA, art and stats is Edexcel.

How have yours been?

that sounds hard... hah you must be quite clever
and theyre ok im on AQA for most of mine so im just hoping they have low grade boundaries this year:s-smilie:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
What road to travel on?
I spent my whole life choosing,
And I always chose wrong.

Maybe in the future you'll realise you took the right path :smile:
Original post by izzyyc
that sounds hard... hah you must be quite clever
and theyre ok im on AQA for most of mine so im just hoping they have low grade boundaries this year:s-smilie:

Not really :smile:
Aah, I hate AQA, don't know why :dontknow: I only have them for RE thankfully
Reply 4243

What do you hate/like about each exam board? I don't really notice differences between them?

Edexcel: music / history / RS

AQA : english Maths sociology Spanish

Ocr: biology chemistry physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
What do you hate/like about each exam board? I don't really notice differences between them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just don't like AQA :tongue:
Reply 4245
I just don't like AQA :tongue:

You like your Welsh boards aye?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have AQA for RS and science :s-smilie: they introduced a new question type into the RS without warning and sciences they've decided not to publish revision guides until June 10th, after 5 of the 6 exams have been sat. Good one AQA -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
You like your Welsh boards aye?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh, I guess so:wink:
Reply 4248
Original post by Molly_xox
I have AQA for RS and science :s-smilie: they introduced a new question type into the RS without warning and sciences they've decided not to publish revision guides until June 10th, after 5 of the 6 exams have been sat. Good one AQA -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow - I hate OCR for science...
I'm doing the new spec and there's no online revision guides, thank god my school bought us the books. RS for aQA was diabolical... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4249
today I shall start my proper geography revision!
Reply 4250
Original post by gomg

Haha...I am doing rivers today!!
Original post by Molly_xox
Same really, and suffering with this laryngitis-flu thing :L horrendous exams this week - Lit, Chemistry, RS and Physics :lol: what did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had English Lit, Biology, Business Studies Unit 1 and 2, and Chemistry :smile:
Reply 4252

theyre annoying for changing the grade boundaries all the time espec in english and science, but overall not too bad
Reply 4253
hahah yeah im still relatively new & trying to work out everything, but thanks:biggrin:
Original post by izzyyc
theyre annoying for changing the grade boundaries all the time espec in english and science, but overall not too bad

They had to separate the boys from the men, and the girls from the women :dontknow:
Original post by izzyyc

Grade boundary shifts were horrible... Although I blame the actual marking
Reply 4256
Original post by Elm Tree
They had to separate the boys from the men, and the girls from the women :dontknow:

no.. i mean when they changed the grade boundaries in june making it easier to get the grade compared to january when they were a lot higher
plus theyve changed the syllabus in science like 5 times
Reply 4257
Grade boundary shifts were horrible... Although I blame the actual marking

its pretty bad, a girl i know who is doing A-level English got a D in one of her papers so she got it back to look through and then decided to send it back in for a re-mark - it went up 25marks, which took her to a B grade, absolute joke
Original post by gomg

Original post by Ryan075
Haha...I am doing rivers today!!

Restless earth! :woo: Volcanoes and Tsunamis and Earthquakes...oooh yeah :cool:
Original post by izzyyc
its pretty bad, a girl i know who is doing A-level English got a D in one of her papers so she got it back to look through and then decided to send it back in for a re-mark - it went up 25marks, which took her to a B grade, absolute joke

I wish I got mine re marked!

(sorry guys who've read this multiple times)

I got 56/60, 60/60, 36/40 and then a C in one paper! Which meant an A overall :emo:

Latest