The Student Room Group

Scly4 & scly3 aqa june 2013

Hi just wanted to know if anyone has any predictions about what topics are likely to come in june...

I'm finding it difficult to absorb All the info for both units so any tips on how i can revise everything ....... would appreciate your help:-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by khan20
Hi just wanted to know if anyone has any predictions about what topics are likely to come in june...

I'm finding it difficult to absorb All the info for both units so any tips on how i can revise everything ....... would appreciate your help:-)

Hi, I'm doing both as well, my teacher seems to think that sociology as a science and social policy will come up for SCLY4 but isn't really sure about SCLY3, so just luck of the draw, hope you do well in the exams!
Original post by I'manegg
Hi, I'm doing both as well, my teacher seems to think that sociology as a science and social policy will come up for SCLY4 but isn't really sure about SCLY3, so just luck of the draw, hope you do well in the exams!

FML my teacher thinks sociology as a science, social policy and realism will come up. Out of those only done realism so far :frown: ..it's either that or gender to come up for crime. Not bothered, need a D in this last unit. But good luck to you!
Reply 3
A few people are saying science will come up but that was the jan 2013 paper and so was gender?!:frown: so doesnt that mean they wont? which is annoying I like gender, also anyone have any idea is action theories will come up as they haven't before? Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by lucyh444
A few people are saying science will come up but that was the jan 2013 paper and so was gender?!:frown: so doesnt that mean they wont? which is annoying I like gender, also anyone have any idea is action theories will come up as they haven't before? Thanks!

In the family household unit two topics came up twice in a row so it is possible!
Original post by und3niable_
FML my teacher thinks sociology as a science, social policy and realism will come up. Out of those only done realism so far :frown: ..it's either that or gender to come up for crime. Not bothered, need a D in this last unit. But good luck to you!

Wow i'm so not ready for these exams! I have no idea what sociology as a science, social policy or realism is :confused:
Reply 6
Ah no way really! Ok thanks, that's so annoying of aqa!!! Really make you learn it all which is physically impossible I swere! :frown:
Original post by jennyruneckles
Wow i'm so not ready for these exams! I have no idea what sociology as a science, social policy or realism is :confused:

Sociology is science is in the name.. just positivism v interpretivism, social policy is like laws and stuff. Realism are the realist views i.e left/right realism :smile:

I'm not ready for sociology either..got theory to do yet!
Reply 8
I doubt sociology as a science will come up again in SCLY4 because it came up in January as the big 33 marker! There are loads other topics in the theory section that they could ask us.

But does anyone know what questions came up in january for SCLY3 religion unit??
Reply 9

Oh dear, well you've got time, just cram with those topics! & oh that's good, I only need to get an E to get a B, so I'm not too worried, but still, it's nice to know stuff haha.
Good luck to you too!
I am doing both these exams this week and next week also. am on top of scly3 now i think. will do some more revision today and tomorrow though just to be sure as 3 seems a much easier exam, so am hoping to pull a lot of marks in there to take the pressure off scly 4! good luck for wednesday everyone.
Reply 11
Original post by kirstieluu
I doubt sociology as a science will come up again in SCLY4 because it came up in January as the big 33 marker! There are loads other topics in the theory section that they could ask us.

But does anyone know what questions came up in january for SCLY3 religion unit??

I did SCLY3 in jan13.

Questions were as follows:
1) three reasons why women are disadvantaged by religion
2) assess the view that religion is no longer a sacred canopy
3) religion inhibits social change or;
4) the role and influence of NAM's today
I'm revising from the start sociology and science, since people are suggesting it will come up, this scares me :frown: would you say I've left it too late? Like could someone please explain to me what it's about, because my revision book includes too much content. :confused:
Reply 13
So am I! :frown: I tried to start it today it's so much!!! But I think the basics we would need are positivism interpretivism then some people like popper and Kuhn and what they think?! Then I guess surely we could bring in like functionalism they think sociology is science and then interactionists who wouldn't?! Argh too much :frown: hope that helps!
Original post by I'manegg
Oh dear, well you've got time, just cram with those topics! & oh that's good, I only need to get an E to get a B, so I'm not too worried, but still, it's nice to know stuff haha.
Good luck to you too!

My law exams are taking priority and same here. I just need a high E or above to keep my A but I don't want a shocking grade. Good luck to you too! I crammed for media in jan, luckiest grade ill ever get aha :smile:
So am I! :frown: I tried to start it today it's so much!!! But I think the basics we would need are positivism interpretivism then some people like popper and Kuhn and what they think?! Then I guess surely we could bring in like functionalism they think sociology is science and then interactionists who wouldn't?! Argh too much :frown: hope that helps!

I hate learning things shallowly. So I have to solidly teach myself theory for a week :frown: theory is boring too. I guess I shouldn't have missed 10 lessons sigh

It's just an annoying topic! :frown: the first thing i'm going to do is open my paper on thursday & straight away look whether it's a question on science *fingers crossed it isn't! That's helped, thank you! Yh your on the right path, I've noticed the following kind of links in with unit 3 'beliefs in society' -ideology & science. I only remember poper & Kuhn too. And there's Comte - who believes sociology is scientific' & like paradigms etc: My revision is really brief on this topic, which is annoying!
My law exams are taking priority and same here. I just need a high E or above to keep my A but I don't want a shocking grade. Good luck to you too! I crammed for media in jan, luckiest grade ill ever get aha :smile:
what was your ums for media? and how was it lucky? sounds like you did well :smile:
I'm doing this exam tomorrow afternoon... not too worried about it, it is a lot easier than the Crime and Deviance/Methods/Theory side... should be okay as I got an A* in the mock with very little revision... starting to panic about the other half next week though! There's so much content! o.O
I need a B to get into my University but really want an A as I've applied for a Sociology degree and it's really something that I enjoy.
So, good luck to everyone tomorrow! Hope it all goes well

fingers crossed for a question on Marxism and religion!
Reply 19
I know me too!:frown: but I have 3 exams next week.. All my exams fell under one week typical!:frown: so gonna have to go over it all just before argh! Ah don't worry 10 is nothing! I haven't been since jan! My teacher left who was amazing and made me get full marks last year I did scly 3 in jan and got a B and haven't been to that teachers lesson since as he's an art teacher who is supposedly qualified to teach sociology! :frown: good luck with theory stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending