The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by reubenkinara
:rolleyes: Is it just maths you have left now?

Sadly not, I've still got the entire A2 of Chemistry to sit, one of them being on the same day as a STEP II :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJMayes
No, I don't think so. Based on discussions with LotF, Georgie, and others who applied to Pembroke this year we all got a similar set of questions (Which I am not going to divulge, before anyone asks) despite having covered different things and going in with different modular scores. The questions are switched around a bit (e.g. I got a couple LotF didn't get, and he got a couple I didn't get) but the core of it was the same, so I don't think you should be worrying about this.

Or you could self-teach the A2. If you're planning on making a realistic application to Cambridge for Maths this shouldn't be a sufficiently daunting prospect.

I don't even know about how would I if I'm able to sit the exam, I'm moving to another country not just other school. It took me a while to find a school that offers A Levels though. Would that be a problem when applying?

What do you mean by it being unrealistic?:redface:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Sadly not, I've still got the entire A2 of Chemistry to sit, one of them being on the same day as a STEP II :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, that's a shame. How are you splitting your time. 2/3 maths, 1/3 chem?
Original post by Robbie242
I was watching the interview and I was like, really? dy/dx a few logs and some speed time graphs, it was dated 4yrs ago or so and I suppose they put it up on the website so they didn't scare candidates :P

Can you post the link for the video please?
Original post by MAyman12
Can you post the link for the video please?

http://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/videos/interviews/?showvideo=24
Ooh, that's a shame. How are you splitting your time. 2/3 maths, 1/3 chem?

It's got to be done and its more on my Chemistry actually as I'm fairly confident with all my Maths exams and I've just being some extra practice and mocks for STEP and AEA when I find some time, it's really hard to choose what to do and when :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still proudly stand by my opinion that she would get it.
It's got to be done and its more on my Chemistry actually as I'm fairly confident with all my Maths exams and I've just being some extra practice and mocks for STEP and AEA when I find some time, it's really hard to choose what to do and when :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps you should make a timetable! At least for the 12term\dfrac{1}{2}term.
Original post by Felix Felicis

Lool, such a charmer Felix :colone:
Original post by Felix Felicis

Ooo nice. I'm now going to watch :biggrin:
Perhaps you should make a timetable! At least for the 12term\dfrac{1}{2}term.

They don't work for me, I'll just randomly choose everything few hours what I'm going to do next :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They don't work for me, I'll just randomly choose everything few hours what I'm going to do next :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever works, I suppose. I'm officially beginning my revision tomorrow so I won't appear that much on TSR :frown:
What Exam board are you with for Chem again and would you say that the difficulty/danger of the practicals increases significantly @ A2 compared to AS?
Original post by MAyman12
I don't even know about how would I if I'm able to sit the exam, I'm moving to another country not just other school. It took me a while to find a school that offers A Levels though. Would that be a problem when applying?

What do you mean by it being unrealistic?:redface:

I don't mean anything is unrealistic. I am just stating that if you're going for a mathematical subject at Cambridge then realistically you should be able to teach yourself the Maths if you don't want to redo the entire thing again, which wouldn't help anyone.
Reply 3454

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I never bother making them because I wouldn't follow them, although I always have a rough target of what I want to get done throughout the day! Although, I haven't really been meeting my chem targets, I keep doing bad so its putting me of :colondollar:
Original post by tigerz
Same, I never bother making them because I wouldn't follow them, although I always have a rough target of what I want to get done throughout the day! Although, I haven't really been meeting my chem targets, I keep doing bad so its putting me of :colondollar:

How are you today Tigerz? Any maths probs that you need help with?
Whatever works, I suppose. I'm officially beginning my revision tomorrow so I won't appear that much on TSR :frown:
What Exam board are you with for Chem again and would you say that the difficulty/danger of the practicals increases significantly @ A2 compared to AS?

Indeed and yeah, I'm going to do the same, one of these days :tongue: My exam board is OCR A and I'm not too sure, as long as you understand the content and what's actually going on and what's being asked then you should be fine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz

Yeah, I find them rather pointless and a waste of my time too, so yeah that'll not happen for me :tongue: I also know in my head what to get done in what time frame, I normally just ask too much of myself really and start to feel tired very easily, like right now I've got a headache but only over one eye -.-

Also just keep going and it'll all pay off on the day, you can do this! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed and yeah, I'm going to do the same, one of these days :tongue: My exam board is OCR A and I'm not too sure, as long as you understand the content and what's actually going on and what's being asked then you should be fine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be doing one or two of the A2 practicals on my return to college after half term. Any idea what it may be?
With regard to maths, any tips on how to figure out what method to use for integration? That's one of my weaknesses. I've wasted quite a lot of time in the past on pursuing something that wasn't going to work!
How are you today Tigerz? Any maths probs that you need help with?

DRAW!

Latest

Trending

Trending