The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joostan
They had an S in STEP I with like 120/120 (in year 12) :lol: so yeah, but it wasn't a problem :colone:

Spoiler

...Wow. That's some serious Maths skills :tongue: Haha, good offer to have, I'm so jealous of the super smart people in this world!
Original post by Zaphod77
...Wow. That's some serious Maths skills :tongue: Haha, good offer to have, I'm so jealous of the super smart people in this world!

Hohum - the rest of us mortals just slave away, hoping to do the best we can :cool:
Original post by DJMayes
your UMS is near perfect

his UMS isn't near perfect his UMS is perfect
Original post by DJMayes
It's because a lot of the applicants have consistently brilliant UMS. You do not really have the problem as your UMS is near perfect and you throw around STEP level or close questions on this thread with childish glee (not a bad thing), but for others the application process is going to be daunting because some of the competition they have can seem almost inhuman.

(Case in point, those of us who applied to the same college as LotF...)

Ok, clearly my comment has caused a huge misunderstanding. :redface:

Yes, one should try and maximise their UMS as highly as possible - anyone who's done any research into Camb applications knows how much emphasis Cambridge puts on UMS. But I guess I'm just trying to comfort people just because they've had one stinker of a module but have been consistently brilliant (emphasis on the last part, screwing up more than one module will obviously raise questions) shouldn't be living in fear that their Oxbridge dreams are decimated because of one bad day. :redface:
Original post by DJMayes
You do not really have the problem as your UMS is near perfect

Can I have a clarification of near perfect :eek:

Original post by Felix Felicis
x

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DJMayes
You're probably going to have enough time for an hours nap at the end of the STEP exam...

And whilst I sleep, you'll be doing your 9th question.

Damn, you never cease to amaze me :L PRSOM :adore:

That's very kind of you. :biggrin:
Original post by joostan
Hohum - the rest of us mortals just slave away, hoping to do the best we can :cool:

Slave away, with a reasonable level of procrastination :tongue:
Slave away, with a reasonable level of procrastination :tongue:

Amen to that :biggrin:
Though the parameters of reasonable are rather undefined :tongue:
Original post by joostan
Amen to that :biggrin:
Though the parameters of reasonable are rather undefined :tongue:

True, the amount of procrastination I do would be defined as excessive though, I'm not really sure what reasonable would count as... I guess enough to let your brain relax before more gruelling of whatever subject needs to be done :redface:
True, the amount of procrastination I do would be defined as excessive though, I'm not really sure what reasonable would count as... I guess enough to let your brain relax before more gruelling of whatever subject needs to be done :redface:

Hmmmmmm, why did I pick biology? So much effort it's unreal :s-smilie:
Original post by joostan

I thought the exact same thing last year, thank god I've dropped it now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord of the Flies

That's very kind of you. :biggrin:

Heck, I've seen you post what seems like a million proofs on this website - half of them I don't even understand but when I do understand them, the ingenuity just blows my mind. :awesome:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MathsNerd1
I thought the exact same thing last year, thank god I've dropped it now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by joostan
Plus I don't know what I'd do with 12 free periods :eek:

STEP?! :L I can't wait to have like 20 free periods a week next year! :redface:
Original post by joostan

Agreed, that's where most of my effort is going in. But then, it was kinda necessary for me to pick it... Can't wait until the exam is done though :biggrin:
Heck, I've seen you post what seems like a million proofs on this website - half of them I don't even understand but when I do understand them, the ingenuity just blows my mind. :awesome:

Your relationship - so cute :wink:
:reel:

Spoiler

Meh - I do that at home.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by joostan

Spoiler

Will you take it on to A2 year? You hardly need to understand much of it, just recite what's in the text book and that normally gets you an A, a girl in my class stayed up 3 days straight before the exam and she got 1 mark off an A!

My grade on the other hand was a complete and utter embarrassment, I try to keep that it the past now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joostan
:reel::rofl3:

Spoiler

Ok, now this is the weirdest reply I think I've ever seen anyone post :L

How many periods do you get for each subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
his UMS isn't near perfect his UMS is perfect

Well I can't remember exactly! I knew he got 100 in several but I thought he dropped at least 1... :lol:

Original post by Lord of the Flies
And whilst I sleep, you'll be doing your 9th question.

I wish. :lol: Am aiming for SSS but I wouldn't like to say what the chances of it are...

Latest

Trending

Trending