The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm an emotional wreck after today
Original post by Abiraleft
Mm, I agree that Fellaini looks likely to leave (possibly to United?). Are you guys still supposedly in for Leroy Fer? I think he could come in a do a decent job for you; he's not as much of a driving presence as Fellaini, but he can provide a physical presence and do the simple things right. He's also very versatile, and has played almost everywhere from striker to right-back. :p:

To be honest, I haven't watched Leroy Fer much so can't really comment. Hopefully the new manager will bring a decent replacement if Fellaini does leave.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/05/25/evolution-of-the-everton-crest

Appalling. The people running the club are so clueless it's unbelievable.
Original post by clarusblue

Looks horrible.
Reply 45
It looks like it was designed for primary school kids. What the hell happened to the tower.
Think the old crest looked better :yep:

Why are you guys changing it anyway?
Seems stupid to get militant about something as trivial as a badge but it really is ****ing awful. With a bit of luck sales will fall on merchandise and they'll be forced to change it back.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Think the old crest looked better :yep:

Why are you guys changing it anyway?

Apparently Nike are forcing changes to crests to make them cheaper for manufacturing. Without the numbers outside the bade and the Latin motto it's all one bit of embroidering so will cost less.

Such a farce. I feel so detached from the club I love, it's unbelievable.
Apparently Nike are forcing changes to crests to make them cheaper for manufacturing. Without the numbers outside the bade and the Latin motto it's all one bit of embroidering so will cost less.

Seriously?! :eek:

That is really stupid.
What an absolute joke, I'd rather have the merseyside blues crest on pro evo than this bull****...
Reply 51
I think you should go for robben, He can make a great dynamic with Baines and switch flanks too then get valdes as competition for tim howard...

(see arsenal thread)

In all seriousness, I don't mind the logo too much, it'll take time getting used to though but it seems a bit more modernised. Could have done with a lighter shade of blue though.

I might be the only one but I personally like the new logo. What their marketing team are saying makes sense, it is difficult to use a design where parts of it are outside the main block. This new one having all the key elements incorporated into the shield is a lot cleaner looking, less cluttered and you can put it on any background without having to change any of it.

Besides the badge has changed several times and the old one didn't have any reference to being a football club on it anyway so at the end of the day both the old and new ones are just a corporate logo.
Original post by IanDangerously
I might be the only one but I personally like the new logo. What their marketing team are saying makes sense, it is difficult to use a design where parts of it are outside the main block. This new one having all the key elements incorporated into the shield is a lot cleaner looking, less cluttered and you can put it on any background without having to change any of it.

Besides the badge has changed several times and the old one didn't have any reference to being a football club on it anyway so at the end of the day both the old and new ones are just a corporate logo.

I think one of the main reasons (other than it looking pretty awful) people were annoyed was because it got rid of our motto, 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum'.
They've finally listened! One season only then a redesign for 2014/15
They've finally listened! One season only then a redesign for 2014/15

Wow, that's great. Power to the people :lol:
Reply 56
Martinez confirmed to leave Wigan; Everton given clearance to open talks with him :holmes:

Thoughts? Personally I think it could potentially be a great match. I'm not sure if Martinez is the man to take you guys to a higher level, but I do think he'd be capable of helping maintain your status and solidity at a time when you might lose Fellaini and a number of your backroom staff.
Original post by Abiraleft
Martinez confirmed to leave Wigan; Everton given clearance to open talks with him :holmes:

Thoughts? Personally I think it could potentially be a great match. I'm not sure if Martinez is the man to take you guys to a higher level, but I do think he'd be capable of helping maintain your status and solidity at a time when you might lose Fellaini and a number of your backroom staff.

I think the Everton job is a tough one to take on, we're in a decent position but we don't really have the resources to push on and better ourselves. And quite frankly, chances are we're only gonna get worse because of this despite the good season we've had. I do think Martinez is a good shout as a replacement, just as long as its anyone but Mark Hughes really for me haha.
I'm far from confident that he's the right man for the job. Time will tell though, I'm willing to give him a fair chance.
Reply 59
Everton sign Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu on season-long loan

Everton have moved to sign one of Spain's most exciting young talents, securing Barcelona's Gerard Deulofeu on loan.

The 19-year-old, who is a Spain international at under-21 level, will join Everton for the season as Roberto Martínez looks to bring a different approach to Everton.

Martínez's arrival at Goodison Park was instrumental bringing the loan to fruitition. Barcelona trust in Martínez to continue Deulofeu's development and provide him with valuable first-team experience, while they are optimistic that a year in England will see him mature swiftly.

Last season Deulofeu was the key creative player in Barcelona's B team, which competes in Spain's second division. He scored 18 goals in 2012-13, the fourth highest total in the division, and signed a new contract in May that runs until 2017.

Although that was formally a first-team contract, he has made only two senior appearances and the arrival of Neymar at the club limited his opportunities in the coming season. But Barcelona are determined not to lose a player considered to be the most talented currently in the club's youth system.

A creative forward of vision, technique and flair who can play off the front or coming in from the left hand side, Deulofeu has represented Spain at U16, U17, U19, and U21 level, where he has three goals in seven games. He was European champion at U19 level in 2011 and 2012 and was named the tournament's best player in 2012.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/10/everton-sign-gerard-deulofeu-barcelona

Massive coup! I'm sure a lot of clubs would've loved to have signed him, even on loan for a season. Surprised Swansea didn't try for him (with the Laudrup links to Barcelona).

Quick Reply

Latest