The Student Room Group

OCR A2 LAW G153 Criminal Law 1 - June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Ima stock up on red bull. Gonna need alot of it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qr95
Im starting revison tomorrow can someone tell me wat topics to leave out

Well you can't really leave out that many because they could pop up anywhere. You can leave out one topic safely; I've chose to leave out strict liability.

You can leave out involuntary manslaughter problems and reform, and self defence problems and reform because they came up Q1 in Jan and very unlikely to come up again.

But really, you have to do everything else.
Reply 182
Original post by ArsenalWenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are not the only one! Maybe put your phone out of sight too, I have to do the same with my laptop except that I have to read the Law Commission but can't resist a little bit of TSR :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like your thinking.
Good thing thers a choice of questions, id be toast otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maerim
You are not the only one! Maybe put your phone out of sight too, I have to do the same with my laptop except that I have to read the Law Commission but can't resist a little bit of TSR :tongue:

The tsr app is damn distracting lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has actually done a pastpaper under timed conditions? If so then did u find u had enough time to answer to a high standard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Has actually done a pastpaper under timed conditions? If so then did u find u had enough time to answer to a high standard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did, however the whole class got appalling results. It was mostly due to not knowing how to structure the answer and not being concise, I would strongly recommend plan,plan,plan. Even if you just write out a few points, words, criticisms just to jog your memory so you are not stuck. And in Section B, it is of great importance not to leave anything out (theft is such a hard question as you have to mention each section of the AR/ MR).
However, depending on the questions, some require more information than other. :frown: It is best if you do Section C and Section B first, then you can spend the whole time you have left on Section A.When we went over the mock exam, everything just seemed so easy.
Ive been skiving too much this academic year, now im facing the consequences in my struggle to revise all the topics within such a short period of time lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ashame this is an AM exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
Most of you lot are in good positions like got high grades
What resources have ur teachers given u
Reply 191
Hello law buddies .. Since I could not attach the causation essay plan yesterday from my laptop I've tried doing it from my phone .. Hope you can all see it ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369647760.558769.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fats_12
Hello law buddies .. Since I could not attach the causation essay plan yesterday from my laptop I've tried doing it from my phone .. Hope you can all see it ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369647760.558769.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Original post by fats_12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wheres all the stuff about eggshell conditions the ao2 for this will be the law protects those who have physical weaknesses and protects peoples religious beliefs good for public policy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just need 44% in this test to get an A, can't work out if I should just settle for that or push for the A*... hmm.
Reply 195
Original post by Conzy210
Just need 44% in this test to get an A, can't work out if I should just settle for that or push for the A*... hmm.

Wow well done! You should go for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
AO2 for some topics
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369650555.329534.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1369650570.074207.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1369650582.592194.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1369650592.730017.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1369650603.758690.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1369650615.575778.jpg

They all carry on from the previous sheet..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fats_12
AO2 for some topics
They all carry on from the previous sheet..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!

I'm starting to freak out more and more over this exam... I'm writing an essay on duress today, revising all defences. Then tomorrow revising insanity+auto and doing a dilemma board, as well as starting revision on attempts + trying an essay on that...

Question: (I may sound silly here for asking this but) on the essay Q1, will the question always be to basically put down the good and bad things? I've only looked at a few past papers but they seem to always be "is this satisfactory?" "does the law need changing?" "evaluate this statement" "is it in need of reform?" (you get the point) :tongue:
Reply 198
Original post by feelinginfinite
Thank you so much!

I'm starting to freak out more and more over this exam... I'm writing an essay on duress today, revising all defences. Then tomorrow revising insanity+auto and doing a dilemma board, as well as starting revision on attempts + trying an essay on that...

Question: (I may sound silly here for asking this but) on the essay Q1, will the question always be to basically put down the good and bad things? I've only looked at a few past papers but they seem to always be "is this satisfactory?" "does the law need changing?" "evaluate this statement" "is it in need of reform?" (you get the point) :tongue:

You welcome .. If you want anymore notes on any topic let me know and I'll have a look to see if I have them ..

I'm revising theft, robbery and burglary today, since theft has always come up I'm paying more attention to that.. Fingers crossed it's comes up again

Yes I get what you mean :P from what I've noticed (don't know how accurate I am) you always have to speak about law reforms evaluate the pros and cons of the question they asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fats_12
You welcome .. If you want anymore notes on any topic let me know and I'll have a look to see if I have them ..

I'm revising theft, robbery and burglary today, since theft has always come up I'm paying more attention to that.. Fingers crossed it's comes up again

Yes I get what you mean :P from what I've noticed (don't know how accurate I am) you always have to speak about law reforms evaluate the pros and cons of the question they asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - I'm good for now :tongue: But same goes to you- I've done a scenario question for theft/robbery/burglary if you'd like me to PM you it? I'm pretty sure theft etc. will come up too so I focussed on that on Friday (while I've neglected everything else) :colondollar: I'm just praying theft will be a scenario and not an essay!

Yeah I think I'm going to start making mindmaps of + and -'s for each topic I think could come up as Q1 (duress / causation mainly ... then intoxication / attempts briefly)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending