The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

The inbetweeners is really annoying and not funny
Bacon isn't all that great.
Original post by SophieSmall

Anything I haven't commented on I either don't care enough about or I am not educated enough on the subject to think I should give opinions.

The government tax heavily on cigarettes and alcohol to try and "deter" people from smoking and drinking, marijuana (apparently) has not caused a single death, has proven uses in medicine and some say is less addictive than coffee!

The government is receiving a HUGE amount of money by taxing the products, why not legalise marijuana, tax the hell out of it, save money on the war on drugs, and stick a "Smoking Kills" label on the packets?
Original post by R1C3W1N3
The government tax heavily on cigarettes and alcohol to try and "deter" people from smoking and drinking, marijuana (apparently) has not caused a single death, has proven uses in medicine and some say is less addictive than coffee!

The government is receiving a HUGE amount of money by taxing the products, why not legalise marijuana, tax the hell out of it, save money on the war on drugs, and stick a "Smoking Kills" label on the packets?

I agree with that, have done for a long time. Not sure why you quoted me?
I agree with that, have done for a long time. Not sure why you quoted me?

Because people can grow weed in their own gardens, its a lot more work to distill your own (nice) alcohol, or grow and cure your own tobacco.
Original post by BuDerpiDerp
Same thing has happened to be before once or twice and it just makes me sad like, why would you assume I would do that to you?

I know, it's horrible when you realise people think you would do that. I hope I don't come across as that!
Original post by R1C3W1N3

Because it wouldn't work. It's very easy to grow marijuana anywhere and difficult to find it and tax it. People will just grow it and do it in their homes. Policemen won't be going round people's houses searching for the weed and putting taxes on it.

The black market will just take over anyway and people will smoke it 1000x more than people do now which makes it worse for your health. Having it illegal makes people more reluctant to do it than if it was taxed. And taxing it wouldn't work anyway, it wouldn't bring in as much tax money as cigarettes. So it's not really worth it to the government, but other governments see it differently that's why it's now legal in some American states.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akash11
The only things that matter in life besides good health are looks and money. And intelligence, as only intelligent/talented people have a relastic chance of making a fortune.

People who cant have biological children have a huge whole in their life, and adoption is at best a poor substitute.

Can you not see the contradiction here?

On one hand, the only important things in life are health, looks, money and intelligence. No mention of family, children or loved ones here.

Yet on the other, biological children are so important that "adoption is at best a poor substitute"?
Reply 608
I hate Summer.
There isn't really anything wrong with Islam. Muslims are the problem, more specifically the ones that are too stupid to realise you can't take a 1300 year old text literally.
Reply 610
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

Why do you think that the majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote? We specifically women?
The Beatles are awful.
So called "bisexuals".

An entire thread full of wannabes and attention seekers hang around there.

Hipsters who try to follow original trends which actually becomes a major fashion trend. Ironic.

People who look at their phones during traffic lights, or near curbs. When I drive i slow down when I see someone not looking, you have no idea if they will just walk across not looking.

Fat girls who try to be attractive but really are just not.

Partying girls who are generally just attention seeking sluts. Especially those who wear very revealing clothes, why bother wearing clothes?

Loud black women, I sat on a train coming from London and I could see a group of black teenagers laughing like a bunch of hyenas. I felt like slapping them one by one.

Feminists, they are a real nasty group of women who claim to be fighting for women globally when infact are just trouble makers, loud mouthed bitches and again, attention seekers. What do you ****ing gain by getting your tits out?

Women who claim men treat them like objects when they are ones acting like sluts, no self-respect and lack of dignity. Getting their tits out on public etc.

Gay men who act very effeminate. Honestly we get it, your gay. Stop forcing it upon everyone.

Sluts in general.

Men who get a tattoo of a kiss on their bicep. Are you ****ing with me? The most egotistical tattoo I have seen in my life.

People who drink just to look cool, smoke to look cool, act like pricks to act cool.

Why do Indian people always smell funny? Smell like curry? I can't bare it standing next to one.

British people drinking abroad, you shame us with your behaviour.

Indian people bitching about poor treatment and always complain about racism.

Mosques being built everywhere, why? Can't you just go to the other 5 mosques in your neighbourhood?

Why do Indian men always go around in gangs, act black? Same with Gurkhas and Asians, why act like thugs?

Foreigners who hate our country, if you hate it so much then **** off back to your own country.

Come at me x2.
(edited 10 years ago)
The Lord of The Rings is VASTLY overrated, and should die out as fast as possible.

Benedict Cumberbatch is absolutely vile in regard to his physical attractiveness.
Original post by pierreboobvier
The Lord of The Rings is VASTLY overrated, and should die out as fast as possible.

I agree with this so much, my friends are obsessed and I seriously can't sit through it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willbean
So called "bisexuals". I'm not sure if you're taking about bisexuals in general or those who say they are for attention and then are like 'yeah I'm bi but I wouldn't actually kiss a girl/boy lol'

An entire thread full of wannabes and attention seekers hang around there.

Hipsters who try to follow original trends which actually becomes a major fashion trend. Ironic. I also find this funny, and being hipster has now become mainstream, I feel like at some point they're just gonna explode from the irony. :biggrin:

People who look at their phones during traffic lights, or near curbs. When I drive i slow down when I see someone not looking, you have no idea if they will just walk across not looking. I was in a taxi yesterday and the guy kept doing this. -____-

Fat girls who try to be attractive but really are just not.

Partying girls who are generally just attention seeking sluts. Especially those who wear very revealing clothes, why bother wearing clothes? Totally agree.

Loud black women, I sat on a train coming from London and I could see a group of black teenagers laughing like a bunch of hyenas. I felt like slapping them one by one.

Feminists, they are a real nasty group of women who claim to be fighting for women globally when infact are just trouble makers, loud mouthed bitches and again, attention seekers. What do you ****ing gain by getting your tits out? Agree.

Women who claim men treat them like objects when they are ones acting like sluts, no self-respect and lack of dignity. Getting their tits out on public etc. Agree.

Gay men who act very effeminate. Honestly we get it, your gay. Stop forcing it upon everyone. I'm gay, and gay guys who act feminine really irritate me, it's like they're purposefully trying to make people hate us even more.

Sluts in general. Yep.

Men who get a tattoo of a kiss on their bicep. Are you ****ing with me? The most egotistical tattoo I have seen in my life. Yep.

People who drink just to look cool, smoke to look cool, act like pricks to act cool.

Why do Indian people always smell funny? Smell like curry? I can't bare it standing next to one.

British people drinking abroad, you shame us with your behaviour. Yeah it's always British people you hear of making an idiot of theirselves.

Indian people bitching about poor treatment and always complain about racism.

Mosques being built everywhere, why? Can't you just go to the other 5 mosques in your neighbourhood?

Why do Indian men always go around in gangs, act black? Same with Gurkhas and Asians, why act like thugs?

Foreigners who hate our country, if you hate it so much then **** off back to your own country. Tbf though I'm starting to hate our government, especially coming from a working class family and as a future university student.

Come at me x2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neon-Soldier32
The Beatles are awful.

You should just go sink your head in the sand.:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe someone will find this unpopular:

People whose solution to certain problems is, 'Send them back their own country.'

Also, people - arguably stupid people - who think experience is more important than qualifications.
Original post by Neon-Soldier32
Maybe someone will find this unpopular:

People whose solution to certain problems is, 'Send them back their own country.'

Also, people - arguably stupid people - who think experience is more important than qualifications.

Completely agree with your first point there, though the second point can go two ways. There are some professions were if you have the experience you're more likely to get the job than someone with a qualification but no experience, though for the most part I do think qualifications are more important.
Completely agree with your first point there, though the second point can go two ways. There are some professions were if you have the experience you're more likely to get the job than someone with a qualification but no experience, though for the most part I do think qualifications are more important.

Thanks. I think this thread is turning quite conservative! It should be an excuse for people so slag off others, balling at them about how their opinion is wrong or saying about how being a cook is woman's profession. Or is that just my house...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending