The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Am I late?

My options for A-levels: Maths, Chemistry, History and French/English Literature

University plans: Clueless!
Reply 4321
Original post by Molly_xox
Hahaha, I wrote more for those 5 markers than any of my 6 markers...

Ouch, what did you need to read?

Oh god, I had a panic before my Biology because everyone in the row next to me had an H on their paper and I didn't so I was convinced I had a foundation paper and throughout the whole thing thought I would leave and realise I did the wrong thing, but it turns out the triple exam isn't split into higher and foundation and I was sat next to a row of dual scientists. I'm such a worrier :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looool wasn't it the 8 markers that are assessed on SPAG? Damn for the first one i was writing craaap. :/

Haha i needed to read how to answer the Q's and put the numbers into margins and leave 2 lines. Lol

LOOOL omg! Same here! I looked at my english question paper last week and all i saw was "anthology" and i was like to te invigilator "omg.. This isnt the right paper" because i thought it wa poetry. I made her look
Through it and confirm it for me. ::

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattFletcher
Omg I thought I was the only one :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you seriously do that!? I told my English teacher that and he told me if it were true they need to make a documentary about me :lol: I thought I was the only one! It's such an inconvenience -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4323
Original post by izzyyc
hey:smile:
it is quite a range but i guess its because i dont know what i want to do yet:tongue: i hope it works out ok haha

Ahh I was going to ask what you were hoping to do with such a range. Lol I guess being open in choice is really good, but it has the disadvantage of cutting off careers that require really specific subjects such as medicine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzyyc
hey:smile:
it is quite a range but i guess its because i dont know what i want to do yet:tongue: i hope it works out ok haha

Oh hey I live near Warwick...Coventry lol! I guess we own Warwick University though:tongue:
Original post by Jina
Looool wasn't it the 8 markers that are assessed on SPAG? Damn for the first one i was writing craaap. :/

Haha i needed to read how to answer the Q's and put the numbers into margins and leave 2 lines. Lol

LOOOL omg! Same here! I looked at my english question paper last week and all i saw was "anthology" and i was like to te invigilator "omg.. This isnt the right paper" because i thought it wa poetry. I made her look
Through it and confirm it for me. ::

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe we had a different exam, the biggest questions for us were 6 marks (well, 10 if you include the 4 marks for SPaG)

Oh, haha :') I think I only left one line on one of my answers because i was 2 mins from finishing and was adding to an answer...oops

Hahaha! So I'm not the only one! I told my friends and they just said 'only you Mol', hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4326
Original post by Jina
Ahh I was going to ask what you were hoping to do with such a range. Lol I guess being open in choice is really good, but it has the disadvantage of cutting off careers that require really specific subjects such as medicine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no yeah i did know it would cut off scientific paths but i was pretty sure i didnt want to go down that route.. im not good with blood ahha
what are you hoping to do?:smile:
Reply 4327
Original post by Confucian
Oh hey I live near Warwick...Coventry lol! I guess we own Warwick University though:tongue:

haha Coventrys cool.. well cooler than where i live anyway:tongue:
Original post by izzyyc
haha Coventrys cool.. well cooler than where i live anyway:tongue:

Why hello there, I'm afraid I haven't seen you on this thread before. Welcome! :biggrin:

Ahhhh, Physics tomorrow! :woo: :eek2: At least it's the last exam, after which I'm home free. (Not really, I need to rape companies phones for money :wink:)
Reply 4329
True
I would love to be that close the sea though, and its not interesting really but its quite central so it doesnt take long to drive to different parts of the country ahha
Reply 4330
Original post by Princepieman
Why hello there, I'm afraid I haven't seen you on this thread before. Welcome! :biggrin:

Ahhhh, Physics tomorrow! :woo: :eek2: At least it's the last exam, after which I'm home free. (Not really, I need to rape companies phones for money :wink:)

hello to you too:biggrin:
how come you have physics tomorrow? its half term, i thought no one had exams this week, iv only got 4 left wooo
Mel abused me again, #MelIsSavile
Original post by Bude8
Mel abused me again, #MelIsSavile

2-0 to Me.
:rolleyes:
Original post by izzyyc
hello to you too:biggrin:
how come you have physics tomorrow? its half term, i thought no one had exams this week, iv only got 4 left wooo

I live in Scotland, we don't get the same holidays as you guys. :tongue:

Oh, 4 isn't too bad. What subjects?

*In case you were wondering about the 'phone raping' statement, I got into an international sixth form in Costa Rica and I need to raise £35k over the next couple of weeks. It sucks.
Original post by MattFletcher
The number of dates required to remember for Germany in the History exam is too damn high ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369581585.613021.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totall agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wtf, my girlfriend (who has an identical twin sister) asked me if I thought her sister was sexy, fml
Reply 4336
hmm yeah birminghams only about 40mins away from where i am, London is about 2/3 depends on the traffic

yeah they're ok, been mixed so far, how about you?
Reply 4337
Original post by Princepieman
I live in Scotland, we don't get the same holidays as you guys. :tongue:

Oh, 4 isn't too bad. What subjects?

*In case you were wondering about the 'phone raping' statement, I got into an international sixth form in Costa Rica and I need to raise £35k over the next couple of weeks. It sucks.

ohh right, i have two history papers, an english language, and maths paper:smile: but i have this week off:tongue:

how come you want to go to an international sixth form? ooh good luck for raising that.. its a lot of money
Is everyone else slowly starting to kiss those A*s goodbye? :lol:

I'm seriously worried about French, RE, English, maybe even Business...

So sad :emo:

Maybe I should be content with 7+ A*s?
What I find depressing is that those who just memorised facts with no understanding can get A*s.

French for example, if someone just memorised vocab. They could get an A* without any understanding of the language itself.

I think I understand the language to a good level, past GCSE anyway, yet because I didn't know the word for trees, I'm screwed :rofl:

Latest