The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Not long woke up but I feel as though I just want to cry and cry and cry. Haven't woken up feeling this low for an awful long time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1521
Original post by octoberbaby
Also feeling awful about Thursday - is going to be my mums wedding.
Sister and I are bridesmaids and have sleeveless dresses and I've been attempting to avoid SH for this reason but hasn't been entirely successful and I'm terrified of questions from family I don't know that well. Also not met any of my mum's fiances family before so am absolutely petrified of meeting so many new people, and having to be around so many new people all day. Will only know Mum/ brother / sister and partners well at all and then only the names of a few aunts and uncles. (Not really a close family at all, and I don't know many of my mum's friends). Just going to be horrible. Am majorly dreading it, I hate new people!

Awww noooo :console: that situation must be really tough :hugs:

If you are able to can you stay close to the people you trust? Remember that it is your Mum and her Fiancé's day so all eyes are going to be on them, which could be a good thing. :-) xxxx

Original post by Kindred
The awkward moment when you realise you told somebody it took you 2 minuets to climb your bunk ladder due to OCD.
I'm so embarrassed! I told them I have OCD and made it sound so bad. I mentioned seeing a psychiatrist too so now they know that's where my meds came from. I don't really mind them knowing but I made it sound so bad and I don't know how they reacted or if they even remember cos there was alcohol involved so not everything is clear. Ah man I feel so awkward! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's ok, I think nowadays people can be more open minded about OCD than they used to be. You say you don't mind the person knowing, which is great. Besides drunkenness is the best forgettant. Is that a word?

- - -

I'm debating with myself whether or not to venture into the debate forum to ask a question that has been bugging me for ages. I think my anxiety would not be able to handle it if I had loads of people telling me I was wrong and stupid. Despite having a great weekend I don't think I'm ready for that kind of torture just yet!
(edited 10 years ago)
I broke up with the one I loved 2 months back... we had an amazing time together... we were great friends for an year then we got together for a month... i got too attached... she had told me she'd break up with me after a month... knowing all this... i still got attached... ... she started working so she got busy and i think has moved on... i on the other hand... still am fighting my depression... and the worst part is we study in the same university, its a small uni and we have the same friends circle... and noone knows about us... so people assume we are really good friends... so i will have to see her talking to guys and all... and i will kill me from the inside... i sill love her... i am very depressed... i need some help... but the college counselor is out on a leave... she and i will meet each other after a 2 months in 10 days... so i am anxious about the meet
I am facing these problems
1. disturbed sleep pattern
2. easily angered at small things
3. feeling melancholic
4. when someone talks about her i get disturbed
5. chronic fatigue
6. concentration issues
7. anxiety issues
8. i am not a smoker... but i feel so stressed that I resort to smoking
9. unexplained headaches and stomach upset
10. once I had a manic episode wherein i slept for hardly 4 hours and worked out 2 times in day and I still wasnt tired, this mania lasted for a day and the next day I was shaking my hands and legs involuntary and after noon... i was so dead and lil depressed.

could I have bipolar or borderline? I will see my college counselor very soon
Original post by PonchoKid
going downhill massively dont like it and dont know what to do

:hugs: hope you managed to stay safe hun + got some sleep! I'll be on Skype later to talk - going back to sleep now :redface: :hugs:

------------------------------------------

Always have **** nights here... Last night was just one of the worsts :/... So today no visitors from parents so no arguing therefore no remembering stuff! (Hopefully!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HmMusic
Awww noooo :console: that situation must be really tough :hugs:

If you are able to can you stay close to the people you trust? Remember that it is your Mum and her Fiancé's day so all eyes are going to be on them, which could be a good thing. :-) xxxx

It's ok, I think nowadays people can be more open minded about OCD than they used to be. You say you don't mind the person knowing, which is great. Besides drunkenness is the best forgettant. Is that a word?

- - -

I'm debating with myself whether or not to venture into the debate forum to ask a question that has been bugging me for ages. I think my anxiety would not be able to handle it if I had loads of people telling me I was wrong and stupid. Despite having a great weekend I don't think I'm ready for that kind of torture just yet!

The thought that, of course, all eyes will be on my mum is actually really reassuring, thank you for pointing it out, a different perspective is so useful.

You could ask your question here in a test run where we will probably/hopefully all be more supportive. I don't mind if you wanna run the question by me. Then depending on results here you might feel more confident :smile:
Reply 1525
The thought that, of course, all eyes will be on my mum is actually really reassuring, thank you for pointing it out, a different perspective is so useful.

You could ask your question here in a test run where we will probably/hopefully all be more supportive. I don't mind if you wanna run the question by me. Then depending on results here you might feel more confident :smile:

That's good to hear! :-) I have decided not to (chickened out of!) post on the debate forums. Too many trolls! It is just about respect, and why people always say "respect is earned, not given." Just really bugs me and I want to know why.
Original post by HmMusic
That's good to hear! :-) I have decided not to (chickened out of!) post on the debate forums. Too many trolls! It is just about respect, and why people always say "respect is earned, not given." Just really bugs me and I want to know why.

Yeah that's fair enough. Too many people want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.
I don't really agree with the statement - I respect people unless they give me a reason not to. However, I guess the argument for this might be that there are some people that do not deserve respect, and therefore you might wait until someone has proved themselves before giving? :s-smilie: IDK. What do you think?
Original post by Anonymous
I broke up with the one I loved 2 months back... we had an amazing time together... we were great friends for an year then we got together for a month... i got too attached... she had told me she'd break up with me after a month... knowing all this... i still got attached... ... she started working so she got busy and i think has moved on... i on the other hand... still am fighting my depression... and the worst part is we study in the same university, its a small uni and we have the same friends circle... and noone knows about us... so people assume we are really good friends... so i will have to see her talking to guys and all... and i will kill me from the inside... i sill love her... i am very depressed... i need some help... but the college counselor is out on a leave... she and i will meet each other after a 2 months in 10 days... so i am anxious about the meet
I am facing these problems
1. disturbed sleep pattern
2. easily angered at small things
3. feeling melancholic
4. when someone talks about her i get disturbed
5. chronic fatigue
6. concentration issues
7. anxiety issues
8. i am not a smoker... but i feel so stressed that I resort to smoking
9. unexplained headaches and stomach upset
10. once I had a manic episode wherein i slept for hardly 4 hours and worked out 2 times in day and I still wasnt tired, this mania lasted for a day and the next day I was shaking my hands and legs involuntary and after noon... i was so dead and lil depressed.

could I have bipolar or borderline? I will see my college counselor very soon

I'm no expert in these matters but I'd say that's a standard response to a loss. I don't think you have bipolar or borderline. If you are very concerned you might be either of those, you need to see your GP and explain the situation and ask for a referral to a psychiatrist. Since they are the only ones who can tell you (and even they won't know for sure!) :yes:

Original post by avhhs
I was doing the searching and when I told him about it he was like "no, it can't be that much, I found it cheaper". Always does that :rolleyes:.

I'm presuming you're too young to have seen the Goodness Gracious Me sketch on Mr/Uncle "I can get you cheaper"? Can't seem to find any YouTube clips to show you, which is a shame :sad:

I think I'm basing my expectations of my family on what I've heard people talking about in school. Majority of them seem to be at least decently rich I think, so obviously it was all gonna end in tears.

Hey, being rich isn't a guaranteed ticket to happiness! Everyone has their own **** going on, in spite of money problems or being excessively wealthy (or anything in between!) :yes: I know it's really easy to get stuck in this particular rut but if you're always comparing yourself to others, then you're never gonna live! :console:

How are you then? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm OK thanks. Tattoo consultation today :afraid:

Original post by 08batee
No worries hun, my phone is playing up but I knew that's what had happened :hugs: Hope you're alright and this morning was successful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad you knew I wasn't ignoring you. Sorry I wasn't in touch yesterday. The morning was a success! I got the tickets and managed to stay up for close to 16 hours :eek: So spent the day with my friend hanging out in London, which was nice :h:

Hope you're OK lovely :hugs:

Original post by FuzzySheep
Came home for the weekend and wish I hadnt, "dad" and extended family deciding to verbally abuse me for no reason, been too scared to go downstairs to even get something to eat. He's ruined everything enough why does he have to carry on, I can't even see my mum and sister. I genuinely think he just wants to kill me. No matter what I do he'll always be there to scare me, there's no way out
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun, that sounds really awful. Please know you can always PM me or Facebook me to rant :hugs:
Reply 1528
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I'm presuming you're too young to have seen the Goodness Gracious Me sketch on Mr/Uncle "I can get you cheaper"? Can't seem to find any YouTube clips to show you, which is a shame :sad:

Hey, being rich isn't a guaranteed ticket to happiness! Everyone has their own **** going on, in spite of money problems or being excessively wealthy (or anything in between!) :yes: I know it's really easy to get stuck in this particular rut but if you're always comparing yourself to others, then you're never gonna live! :console:

I'm OK thanks. Tattoo consultation today :afraid:

I'm glad you knew I wasn't ignoring you. Sorry I wasn't in touch yesterday. The morning was a success! I got the tickets and managed to stay up for close to 16 hours :eek: So spent the day with my friend hanging out in London, which was nice :h:

Hope you're OK lovely :hugs:

Never heard of it :getmecoat:

Yep, that is the rut I'm stuck in. Constantly comparing myself to others :sad:. Somehow need to get out of this.

Ooh, good luck with that! :smile: And what did you get tickets for if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you okay? is there anything we can do to help? can be here if you are still up/need distractions.

I can't sleep due to hunger pangs but I can't let myself eat. Feeling crap.

i dont even remember writing that :s-smilie:
id took a sleeping pill and it took about 2 hours to work, and weird things were happening to me, but i dont think they were halucinations, was weird.

hope you got sleep eventually.
Original post by avhhs
Never heard of it :getmecoat:

I hereby officially disown you! :fuhrer:

:p:

:console:

You should look it up on YouTube. HILARIOUS! :biggrin:

Yep, that is the rut I'm stuck in. Constantly comparing myself to others :sad:. Somehow need to get out of this.

Has anyone talked to you about doing CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)? I think if you could learn to use its techniques, it could help you :smile:

Ooh, good luck with that! :smile: And what did you get tickets for if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Told my mum I'm meeting a "friend" for coffee :teehee:

Oh nothing exciting: my friends wanted tickets for an exhibition on Pompeii at the British Museum, so I woke up at 6.30am to get them for her :eek:
Reply 1531

Oh nothing exciting: my friends wanted tickets for an exhibition on Pompeii at the British Museum, so I woke up at 6.30am to get them for her :eek:

Sneaky!! :wink:
Original post by HmMusic

- - -

Thank you. They don't seem to think any different of me and the alcohol probably served to smooth over any shock. tbh it's blindingly obvious I have a bit of OCD anyway cos I yell at people for shutting doors wrong and they don't mind that so I think it's fine. :smile: I just like knowing how much people know if that makes sense cos I like to be able to keep track of what people know or think about me. I just need to relax a bit I think.
if it isn't already a word it should be cos it makes so much sense :P

If the question's bugging you and you feel up to it then give it a go. If people start being critical of you just leave and stop looking. Post anonymous if it helps. If you don't think you're ready don't ruin your progress. Wait a bit until you feel more up to it.
It's totally up to how you feel. Give it a google if you don't feel ready, you may find an existing debate of it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
Sneaky!! :wink:

:angel:

(Also, 200 more posts and then I will have 30,000 post on TSR :eek: )
Reply 1534
I hereby officially disown you! :fuhrer:

:p:

:console:

You should look it up on YouTube. HILARIOUS! :biggrin:

Has anyone talked to you about doing CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)? I think if you could learn to use its techniques, it could help you :smile:

:eek: :sad:

I'll look at it later :yep:

Well, I have started it but at this stage it just seems to be the initial appointments. Next one is on 4 July (decided to have a break for the exams)

:biggrin: That is how it works in Asian families :innocent: :ninja:

Oh ok :tongue: Well done for managing to get out of bed that early, I can't do that until almost midday :eek: :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1535
:angel:

(Also, 200 more posts and then I will have 30,000 post on TSR :eek: )

You must be near the top of the all time post leaders table!! Why aren't you a mod? :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
:eek: :sad:

I'll look at it later :yep:

Make sure you do. For British Asians, it's like watching your life played out on TV! :awesome:

A little taster of it for you. One of my fave scenes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkN9VdjgDwM

Well, I have started it but at this stage it just seems to be the initial appointments. Next one is on 4 July (decided to have a break for the exams)

Ah OK! Good thinking on having a break through exams. Just give CBT your best go and do all the homework and everything. It really changed my life for the better :h:

:biggrin: That is how it works in Asian families :innocent: :ninja:

Indeed :ahee:

Oh ok :tongue: Well done for managing to get out of bed that early, I can't do that until almost midday :eek: :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! A very rare occasion, dw - I haven't changed completely overnight or anything :teehee:

Original post by IDukem
You must be near the top of the all time post leaders table!! Why aren't you a mod? :tongue:

I don't like having responsibilities. Had to even give up my role as a Community Assistant on PS Help coz the pressure (from myself, not from anyone in there or the workload) became too much :o:
Reply 1537

I don't like having responsibilities. Had to even give up my role as a Community Assistant on PS Help coz the pressure (from myself, not from anyone in there or the workload) became too much :o:

Oh fair enough!! :smile:
Original post by PonchoKid
i dont even remember writing that :s-smilie:
id took a sleeping pill and it took about 2 hours to work, and weird things were happening to me, but i dont think they were halucinations, was weird.

hope you got sleep eventually.

Ahh okay. how are you feeling today? I did in the end, thank you :smile:
Reply 1539
Original post by -FireFlies-
Thank-you :h: Getting there I suppose.. doing it for my parents.. but yeah, it's a start I guess.

PRSOM! I'm proud of you! I've currently trying to beat an eating disorder too, feels weird admitting I have one after so long in denial. I had my first assessment with the CMHT on Thursday and they are going to refer me to an eating disorders clinic. Scared! Need to have loads of health tests at my doctors on Wednesday as well now :/ But I want to fix this!e CMHT

Latest