The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UnknownGuy
What do you mean Nani can be excused?

You think Zaha will make it like Ronaldo?

He's too selfish on the ball.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No one will make it like Ronaldo.

But Zaha does have the potential to be world-class.
Original post by Manchester United
This year Valencia has been bad yes. However, I think it's largely due to the fact that he doesn't suit RVP's style. When Hernandez plays, Valencia seems to perform. This is because Valencia knows Hernandez will run into the box and try and get on the end of a cross. RVP wants the ball into his feet. Young, Nani and Valencia are still very good wingers when on form (Young and Nani have had numerous injuries). Plus, we need to give Zaha game time, like we did with Ronaldo, in order to make him a world-class winger.

I think SAF has left because he knows the club is in a great position. There are no 'must-buys' and hence Moyes has no pressure to spend this summer. Although, I think he will just to please the 'buy bale/strootman/baines/fellaini/modric/fabregas/ronaldo/robben' fans.

Don't think Van Persie can be blamed for Valencia, he's just tried to mix his game up and it's not worked. against WBA he stook to rinsing his full back and drilling a low cross in and it worked much better.

Don't think Zaha's going to be our immediate answer either. I have a friend who's a palace season holder and Zaha hasn't even been their best player this season. He says he has bags of talent but is frustrating and hasn't done much at all since he signed for us (except the brace in the play off's).

We are in desperate need of a CM again, we have been for years and with Fletcher and Scholes can how someone can not see that we badly need at least CM is beyond me.
Can Valencia play as a full back?

Original post by DaveSmith99
Don't think Van Persie can be blamed for Valencia, he's just tried to mix his game up and it's not worked. against WBA he stook to rinsing his full back and drilling a low cross in and it worked much better.

Don't think Zaha's going to be our immediate answer either. I have a friend who's a palace season holder and Zaha hasn't even been their best player this season. He says he has bags of talent but is frustrating and hasn't done much at all since he signed for us (except the brace in the play off's).

We are in desperate need of a CM again, we have been for years and with Fletcher and Scholes can how someone can not see that we badly need at least CM is beyond me.

We have Giggs. Cleverly. Carrick. Anderson?

Aren't they good enough.

People are comparing Kagawa to CAM Rooney. Who's better?

We have Giggs. Cleverly. Carrick. Anderson?

Aren't they good enough.

Giggs is not good enough in midfield two most of the time, and Anderson has proven season after season he's not to be relied upon. So that's two players for two positions.
Giggs is not good enough in midfield two most of the time, and Anderson has proven season after season he's not to be relied upon. So that's two players for two positions.

Where does Giggs play then? Is Anderson getting sold?

I understand that Zaha isn't going to be our immediate answer, but neither was Ronaldo when Beckham left the club. Ronaldo would often lose the ball because he was busy doing stepovers instead of playing a simple pass to Nistelrooy. Like I said, I'm not suggesting that Zaha is going to be the next Ronaldo, but he could still be a world-class winger. However this can only be achieved if he gets game-time. Furthermore, Zaha did win the Championship player of the year, so he must be half-decent...

Carrick is good for a few years, Cleverley and Kagawa (obviously more attacking) are here for the long run. What about Lingard, Henriquez and Powell? Do we just forget about the youth? Whilst another CM would be nice, it's not vital.
Where does Giggs play then? Is Anderson getting sold?

More advanced midfield role or on the wing is where he should be played.

Original post by Manchester United
I understand that Zaha isn't going to be our immediate answer, but neither was Ronaldo when Beckham left the club. Ronaldo would often lose the ball because he was busy doing stepovers instead of playing a simple pass to Nistelrooy. Like I said, I'm not suggesting that Zaha is going to be the next Ronaldo, but he could still be a world-class winger. However this can only be achieved if he gets game-time. Furthermore, Zaha did win the Championship player of the year, so he must be half-decent...

Carrick is good for a few years, Cleverley and Kagawa (obviously more attacking) are here for the long run. What about Lingard, Henriquez and Powell? Do we just forget about the youth? Whilst another CM would be nice, it's not vital.

My palace friend fully believes that he only won player of the year because he signed for us, he was very good in the first half of the season and fairly average in the second, all though he said teams were paying more attention to him and double marking. He's expecting him to be loaned back again if Palace get promoted.

Kagawa will be playing in the hole (hope so anyway), and not as a CM. Carrick and Cleverly and a couple of kids is really even close to a good enough midfield. The kids will get their chances, but we really need at least one CM player who is more than just potential at the moment. Henriquez is a striker btw.

You think Zaha will make it like Ronaldo?

He's too selfish on the ball.

It's like people forget what the skinny frustrating selfish Ronaldo was like before he went beast mode on the world.
Is Lewandowski comes will he link well with Kagawa? How is Lewandowski vs Van Persie?

Is Lewandowski comes will he link well with Kagawa? How is Lewandowski vs Van Persie?

Lewandowski is going to Bayern Munich. But just for the record, Van Persie > Lewandowski in my opinion. I'm not biased. Okay I might be, but Van Persie, Falcao, Cavani and Lewandowski are all the best number 9s in their respective leagues.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lewandowski is going to Bayern Munich. But just for the record, Van Persie > Lewandowski in my opinion. I'm not biased. Okay I might be, but Van Persie, Falcao, Cavani and Lewandowski are all the best number 9s in their respective leagues.

Oops. Was behind in that. Is Gotye going as well? They are both traitors!

Is no.10 meant to be the play maker number?

What's number 9 then, striker?

Gotze's already been snapped up, and Lewandowski's on his way there too, but nothing official yet

Yeah that's about right, 9 leads the line with 10 in and around him
And to think a few months ago i wanted us to sign I'm enjoying these constant Thiago rumours too much and it's not even june yet =[

Speaking of that, now berbatov is gone I'd like van persie to be put in as number 9 next season.
Original post by jam277
Speaking of that, now berbatov is gone I'd like van persie to be put in as number 9 next season.

He suits 20 though

By the way Zaha's rating in FIFA is only 68 and he's a striker... Is it likely it will be boosted in FIFA 14? It'd be the lowest abUnited player has on FIFA. Also who do you think should be boosted up?

By the way Zaha's rating in FIFA is only 68 and he's a striker... Is it likely it will be boosted in FIFA 14? It'd be the lowest abUnited player has on FIFA. Also who do you think should be boosted up?

It gets boosted up whenever you're playing for one of FIFA's 'favoured clubs' they know nothing about players ability outside of the first major leagues.
Reply 4598

Lol FIFA

The game where Paul Scholes can run past players with ease.
Original post by zKlown
Lol FIFA

The game where Paul Scholes can run past players with ease.

The game where you can score 30 yarders with barzaghli.

Latest