The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by joostan
i2=1i^2=-1 :smile:

:O thank you I had do idea lols, OMFG I actually understood your proof ! :biggrin:
Getting used to it :P

Original post by Robbie242
It's an imaginary number

it is denoted as i=1i=\sqrt{-1}

If you do FP1 onwards you'll come across them all the time

Ahh thank you, I only do c1-c4 and s1-s2 :frown: although I shall remember that for future reference
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
:O thank you I had do idea lols, OMFG I actually understood your proof ! :biggrin:
Getting used to it :P

Meh - there's probs a better (more rigourous) way but I'm lazy :redface:
Original post by joostan
Brain dead after 3 hours of bio so I'll do this the lazy way - Proof by example.:tongue:

Spoiler

At least you bothered to find some decent numbers, I was even lazier and set a=0, b=1, c=1, d=0 :lol:
Original post by justinawe
At least you bothered to find some decent numbers, I was even lazier and set a=0, b=1, c=1, d=0 :lol:

Yeah but I figured they should all be distinct, though it wasn't specified :tongue:
Reply 3584
Original post by joostan
Meh - there's probs a better (more rigourous) way but I'm lazy :redface:

shh, I understood it this way :') Although I would of only managed to do the first 3 lines of proof on my own!
*must revise chem* >.<
Original post by tigerz
shh, I understood it this way :') Although I would of only managed to do the first 3 lines of proof on my own!
*must revise chem* >.<

Keep telling yourself that - you may actually do some :tongue:
Original post by joostan
Yeah but I figured they should all be distinct, though it wasn't specified :tongue:

I can set a=0, b=1, c=-1 and d=anything, no big deal :dontknow: there's always room to be even lazier :wink:
Reply 3587
Original post by joostan
Keep telling yourself that - you may actually do some :tongue:

Haha, between sat and today I've done 3 papers, when I did maths revision I would do 3 a day!
Plus I managed good scores for 2 and got a C in another >.< I've gotta step up my game :redface:
I can set a=0, b=1, c=-1 and d=anything, no big deal :dontknow: there's always room to be even lazier :wink:

Yes, but you've not got a pretty function :tongue:

Original post by tigerz
Haha, between sat and today I've done 3 papers, when I did maths revision I would do 3 a day!
Plus I managed good scores for 2 and got a C in another >.< I've gotta step up my game

:lol: You'll be fine :smile:
Chem's nice but maths revision is by far and away the best :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Plus I managed good scores for 2 and got a C in another >.< I've gotta step up my game :redface:

Well that's more than I've been doing for the last 2 years! I think the most I do of 1 thing is about 2 papers, even if the exam is only a few days away :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
*must revise chem* >.<

tbh the only part that was really a "proof" was subbing in the values, the rest was just simplifying the equation :tongue:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Well that's more than I've been doing for the last 2 years! I think the most I do of 1 thing is about 2 papers, even if the exam is only a few days away :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I've ever done a full past paper for maths before :tongue:

Except the ones you do as mocks and the actual exams too? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Except the ones you do as mocks and the actual exams too? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teachers normally give mixed past paper questions as mocks :lol: actual exams are "present papers", not "past papers" :sly:
My teachers normally give mixed past paper questions as mocks :lol: actual exams are "present papers", not "past papers" :sly:

Really? That'd be more effective I feel and that's very true, thought I could catch you off guard :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3595
Original post by joostan
Yes, but you've not got a pretty function :tongue:

:lol: You'll be fine :smile:
Chem's nice but maths revision is by far and away the best :biggrin:

Yup, I'll be asking for some lovely maths problem from the 10th of June! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Past Papers is how I revise! I can't get my head around just reading notes (short attention span, i'm reading but i'm not)

tbh the only part that was really a "proof" was subbing in the values, the rest was just simplifying the equation :tongue:

Yeah, the question looked worse than it was!

P.S. I envy you...
Original post by tigerz
Yeah, the question looked worse than it was!

P.S. I envy you...

The secret is to never be intimidated by how hard a question appears to be, just get into it!

How come? :holmes:
Reply 3597
The secret is to never be intimidated by how hard a question appears to be, just get into it!

How come? :holmes:

LOOL, thats exactly why, certain questions just look 'unsolvable' to me! I don't know how to approach them, I is lacking experience :yep:
You've never done a full maths paper! (apart from exam) that's crazy lmao, our teachers are too lazy to make their own mixed questions, only chem teachers do it, sometimes economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, this makes the 40 odd past papers I did for M1 alone seem rather silly.
Reply 3599
Original post by DJMayes
Well, this makes the 40 odd past papers I did for M1 alone seem rather silly.

I did around 50 papers for C1! :ashamed:

Latest

Trending

Trending