The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DJMayes
Well, this makes the 40 odd past papers I did for M1 alone seem rather silly.

Not at all because you come out with pretty flawless grades! I on the other hand get in the 90's with hopefully the exception of these last exams that I'll get 100 in, I'm just saying in one day I won't do more than 2 but overall for M1 I probably did about 10-15 papers before the exam and I felt like it was more than enough to get a good mark in them, just need to wait and see now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reubenkinara

Inspired by reuben's question from last night :wink:

Compute dx(x+q)ax2+bx+c\displaystyle\int \dfrac{dx}{(x + q) \sqrt{ax^{2} + bx + c}}
Original post by joostan
Brain dead after 3 hours of bio so I'll do this the lazy way - Proof by example.:tongue:

Spoiler

Why did you chose b=2, c=3 etc...?
Original post by tigerz
I did around 50 papers for C1! :ashamed:

50? I did 5 at most:frown:
Original post by tigerz
I did around 50 papers for C1! :ashamed:

Slight exaggeration, as there are less C1 papers on syllabus than M1 (C1 runs from 2005 whereas M1 runs all the way from 2001) and every single syllabus M1 paper as well as Solomon only made up 40...
Original post by DJMayes
Slight exaggeration, as there are less C1 papers on syllabus than M1 (C1 runs from 2005 whereas M1 runs all the way from 2001) and every single syllabus M1 paper as well as Solomon only made up 40...

What about Elmwood papers and Practice papers? These alone are more than 25.
Original post by tigerz
LOOL, thats exactly why, certain questions just look 'unsolvable' to me! I don't know how to approach them, I is lacking experience :yep:
You've never done a full maths paper! (apart from exam) that's crazy lmao, our teachers are too lazy to make their own mixed questions, only chem teachers do it, sometimes economics

I don't see what's crazy about it... I mean, what's the use of doing ridiculously easy questions you know you're definitely going to solve anyway? Just pick an interesting question or two and do those (though there aren't too many interesting A-level questions, if any).
Original post by MAyman12

5? I did 0 at most :holmes:
Reply 3608

LOOLI go crazy!

Original post by DJMayes

Nope :frown: all the papers from 05-13 from Edexcel, then there's the specimen, the mock, solomon A-L and 8 practice papers :P
Also I re-done 5 papers because I got a low score >.<
Probably totals 45ish
I did all solomons and past papers + mocks and specimens which I count about 30 papers for C1, I did similar for M1 and similar for S1, C2 and S2 :tongue: and heyho they still turned out bad! (not s2 and c2 though)
Original post by justinawe
5? I did 0 at most :holmes:

Really? I don't think C1 needs preparation though. Just avoiding silly mistakes, which I'm certainly bad at:colondollar:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3611
I don't see what's crazy about it... I mean, what's the use of doing ridiculously easy questions you know you're definitely going to solve anyway? Just pick an interesting question or two and do those (though there aren't too many interesting A-level questions, if any).

I guess so, I may have to use your method and pick out the harder questions :smile: Thing is I have a bad memory so if I skip too much of the easier ones i'll forget, so I have no choice but to do the whole thing- also it will take me longer to choose the questions (i'm pretty indecisive)

Then there's the silly mistakes! haha
Original post by tigerz
LOOLI go crazy!

Nope :frown: all the papers from 05-13 from Edexcel, then there's the specimen, the mock, solomon A-L and 8 practice papers :P
Also I re-done 5 papers because I got a low score >.<
Probably totals 45ish

What do you think you've got in C1?
Reply 3613
What do you think you've got in C1?

I should get min: 65 and max: 69 lmao, I messed up 2 sections of the last question!
Really? I don't think C1 needs preparation though. Just avoiding silly mistakes:colondollar:

Didn't even have a C1 mock :tongue: I had C1-C4+FP1 knowledge when I took C1, so it wasn't really an issue... though I somehow ended up dropping 5 UMS (not really sure how), so maybe I should have done a paper or two as practice to avoid silly mistakes :lol:
I just feel after doing too many past papers for the same exam I tend to become bored of all the questions as they become quite repetitious, even in FP2 and that's when I start making the stupid mistakes as I become quite lazy in the actual exam :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why did you chose b=2, c=3 etc...?

because they worked, and he felt like it? :dontknow:
Reply 3617
Didn't even have a C1 mock :tongue: I had C1-C4+FP1 knowledge when I took C1, so it wasn't really an issue... though I somehow ended up dropping 5 UMS (not really sure how), so maybe I should have done a paper or two as practice to avoid silly mistakes :lol:

Exactly, if you managed to lose 5 ums from silly mistakes, someone whose prone to them like me would easily lose like 15! :P C1 is that sort of paper
I reckon I will get 95 too as I dropped about 2 marks.:redface: And about the question that I posted earlier. The one that Joostan solved, why would you plug in any number for a question like that?

You said to prove that there exists integers a, b, c, d that satisfy the equation... so he plugged in some integers into the equation and showed that it worked, and so it was proven :tongue:
Original post by tigerz
max: 69

:sexface:

Latest

Trending

Trending