The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justinawe
because they worked, and he felt like it? :dontknow:

Not a good enough answer. Not satisfying:unimpressed:
Original post by tigerz
Exactly, if you managed to lose 5 ums from silly mistakes, someone whose prone to them like me would easily lose like 15! :P C1 is that sort of paper

It really is that sort of paper... thankfully I haven't made any silly mistakes in any other module so far, the only reason I dropped 5 UMS in C3 as well was because I somehow managed to run out of time :rolleyes: must have got too caught up with one particular question :colone:
Original post by Felix Felicis
:sexface:

"Max" implies that it's the furthest she's willing to go, though :sad:
Original post by MAyman12
Why did you chose b=2, c=3 etc...?

To solve the equation I set up, there are others, but I picked random nos. :tongue:
because they worked, and he felt like it? :dontknow:

Precisely :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Yup, I'll be asking for some lovely maths problem from the 10th of June! :biggrin:

That gives me 2 weeks to find the most monstous question there is :evil:
There is a trend here where most of you answer the "Hard" questions with unusual methods. How do you that? Is there a book or something?:tongue:
Reply 3626
It really is that sort of paper... thankfully I haven't made any silly mistakes in any other module so far, the only reason I dropped 5 UMS in C3 as well was because I somehow managed to run out of time :rolleyes: must have got too caught up with one particular question :colone:

Ahh, no worries as long as its not a 'half-arsed bullcrap UMS'

:sexface:

LOOOOL, I'll let you know if thats the C1 mark I get :rolleyes:

"Max" implies that it's the furthest she's willing to go, though :sad:

No comment, we need some more females in this thread >.< (I can feel another comment from Felix coming shortly)

Original post by joostan
That gives me 2 weeks to find the most monstous question there is :evil:

Easy there, please give me a question i'll actually be able to attempt :P like the first log q you gave me was challenging but not impossible :colone:
Original post by reubenkinara
My last Q for you before I retire :smile:
snip.PNG

I quite enjoyed this question however for some reason I got a bit stuck on the other one you set :-/ I might go back to it later on to have a fresh attempt at the question, were these both from the same AEA paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
Ahh, no worries as long as its not a 'half-arsed bullcrap UMS'

Of course not! If I'm going to lose UMS, I'll do it the right way :colone:
Original post by tigerz
we need some more females in this thread >.<

We sure do :wink2:
i have a questionnnn
how would you differentiate
1/3ln(x+1/2)?
if that's confusing then um, it's the june06 core 3 paper for aqa
thankyou:3
Original post by tigerz

Easy there, please give me a question i'll actually be able to attempt :P like the first log q you gave me was challenging but not impossible :colone:

Ahhh, you take the fun out of life :cool::wink:
Original post by pureandmodest
i have a questionnnn
1/3ln(x+1/2)?

Chain rule :wink:

If you're still unsure, let u=x+12u = x + \frac{1}{2} and recall dydx=dydududx\frac{dy}{dx} = \frac{dy}{du} \cdot \frac{du}{dx}
Original post by pureandmodest
i have a questionnnn
1/3ln(x+1/2)?

Well:
ddSTUFF(ln(STUFF))=1STUFF×[STUFF]\dfrac{d}{dSTUFF}\left(\ln(STUFF)\right) = \dfrac{1}{STUFF} \times [STUFF]' :smile:
Reply 3634
Original post by joostan
Ahhh, you take the fun out of life :cool::wink:

lmao, I don't mind attempting evil questions but you'll be the one at loss from spending hours explaining it to me, so I suggest you choose wisely :wink:

Of course not! If I'm going to lose UMS, I'll do it the right way :colone:

LOOL, exactly! Say you had an exam and knew everything was right but just couldn't solve a question so had 96 UMS, would you purposely try even it out?

We sure do :wink2:

lmao 'too many men, too many many men' (if anyone knows that song :s)
Original post by tigerz
lmao, I don't mind attempting evil questions but you'll be the one at loss from spending hours explaining it to me, so I suggest you choose wisely :wink:

I will do :smile:
Inspired by reuben's question from last night :wink:

Compute dx(x+q)ax2+bx+c\displaystyle\int \dfrac{dx}{(x + q) \sqrt{ax^{2} + bx + c}}

Could I have a hint on how to start this, I was thinking about completing the square inside the square root to make it easier, or would substitution be the correct way to go about this?
Reply 3637
Original post by joostan
I will do :smile:

Haha :biggrin: Woop gonna spend my time solving interesting maths equations after exams are over LOL
Would anyone know a faster way to solve this for 4 solutions

36=a2+2a936=|a^2+2a-9| It came up in a matrices question, and yes I did reach a solution by the factor theorem but it took bloody ages
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MathsNerd1
Could I have a hint on how to start this, I was thinking about completing the square inside the square root to make it easier, or would substitution be the correct way to go about this?

Hint

Latest

Trending

Trending