The Student Room Group

GCSE's for dentistry

I know this thread has popped up a lot of times but I was getting slightly unsure about my GCSE grades :/
Im in year 12 atm, I was wondering if my GCSE's match up to standards with other applicants, like not just meet the minimum requirements:

6 A*s (Maths, History, English Lang, English Lit, ICT double award)
6 As (Bio, Chem, Physics, RE, Citizenship, Media)
1 B (Spanish)
1 C (PE)

Ive heard of people with 8-10 A*'s applying :/
Reply 1
Lol they're fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HopefulSoul
I know this thread has popped up a lot of times but I was getting slightly unsure about my GCSE grades :/
Im in year 12 atm, I was wondering if my GCSE's match up to standards with other applicants, like not just meet the minimum requirements:

1 B (Spanish)
1 C (PE)

Your GCSE results are fab and although some may have stronger results many will have lower grades. It's particularly good that you got the A* in English and Maths. I see that you got A in Bio and Chem so it's important that you continue to do well in these subjects at AS to show the admissions tutors that you are on course for the A grade at A level........ and of course keep working on the other aspects of your application which are equally important (work exp etc).

1 B (Spanish)
1 C (PE)

*Passes out*
You have 4 more subjects than me and more A*s and more As. Look, you're not going to get any trouble. The only trouble you can ever get with your GCSEs is if you don't have Bs in English Lang and the Sciences and Maths. Which you have. Bristol want an A in those subjects, but you've covered all them.

People are always gonna look better than you on paper. Hell, you're much better than me and a few others wanting to do Dentistry in Uni on paper. It honestly doesn't matter. They won't reject you just because you don't have 10A*s.
Reply 4

1 B (Spanish)
1 C (PE)

Your GCSEs are good for dental school! Seriously, you've got better GCSE grades than me and i got an offer this year! As long as the rest of your application is good, you'll stand a fighting chance!

If you need any advice or help now or in the future, don't hesitate to PM me! :biggrin:
Reply 5
I got in with 2A* 6A 2B and a C. I'm sure you will be ok, GCSEs are like in a tick in a box, once you have them and your a level predictions, the rest is down to your statement/interview and UKCAT. So work on your work experience and voluntary if you ask me.
Reply 6
Are my GCSE grade good enough?

I got 4A*s 4As 1B 1D.

A* in Bio, Chem, Maths, English Lit.

A in History, Classics, Physics, English Lang.

B in Music.

D in Spanish.

I'm just wondering if Spanish will be pulling me back?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Reply 7
Original post by UnknownGuy
Are my GCSE grade good enough?

I got 4A*s 4As 1B 1D.

A* in Bio, Chem, Maths, English Lit.

A in History, Classics, Physics, English Lang.

B in Music.

D in Spanish.

I'm just wondering if Spanish will be pulling me back?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Those grades are perfectly fine for dental school! Like kartace said, GCSE grades are simply a tick in the box. They are fine!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest