Original post by Robbie242
This is what I did, I was asking for an alternate solution

Oh right. Well it's been given :smile:
expression=a|expression|=a then expression=±aexpression=\pm{a}
Original post by MathsNerd1
Felix has explained it in another post, hopefully that should help you :smile:

yeah it has :smile:
Original post by Lackadaisical
Do we need to be able to find volumes of rotation around the y-axis in C4?

Nope. Just around the X.
Edit: For Edexcel anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)

That response doesn't fill me with much confidence as I'm about to attempt it :redface:
Original post by joostan
Well:
ddSTUFF(ln(STUFF))=1STUFF×[STUFF]\dfrac{d}{dSTUFF}\left(\ln(STUFF)\right) = \dfrac{1}{STUFF} \times [STUFF]' :smile:

is that a rule of something?:c i dunt recognise it
That response doesn't fill me with much confidence as I'm about to attempt it :redface:

Lol - if and when you do it, your username will be justified :tongue:
Original post by Felix Felicis
Anymore hints for this question? :curious: Proof by example's the only way I can think of right now as well :dontknow:

This is an IMO question. I actually don't know what would work as a good hint but try to factorize a,b,c and d into their primes.

Anyway, proof by example is not the answer really.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pureandmodest
is that a rule of something?:c i dunt recognise it

It's essentially the same as saying:
ddx[ln(f(x))]=f(x)f(x)\dfrac{d}{dx}\left[\ln(f(x))\right] = \dfrac{f'(x)}{f(x)} :smile:
Original post by joostan
Lol - if and when you do it, your username will be justified :tongue:

Right, I'm going to take the entire day if I have to :tongue:
Reply 3669
Original post by joostan

The best way to spend your free time

LOOL, yup
Mums gonna drag me to all these weddings >.< Some lovely equations will keep my mind at ease loool
Original post by tigerz
LOOL, yup
Mums gonna drag me to all these weddings >.< Some lovely equations will keep my mind at ease loool

They will indeed :biggrin:

Spoiler

Right, I'm going to take the entire day if I have to

Good luck
Original post by MAyman12
This is an IMO question. I actually don't know what would work as a good hint but try to factorize a,b,c and d into their primes.

Anyway, proof by example is not the answer really.

Ok, that is ridiculous :zomg: This thread regularly goes off track because people throw around AEA/ STEP level questions but this thread is not for IMO-level questions - very few people on here have the prerequisite knowledge/ training to attempt questions of that standard....questions like that belong on the proof is trivial thread :redface:
Original post by joostan
ddx[ln(f(x))]=f(x)f(x)\dfrac{d}{dx}\left[\ln(f(x))\right] = \dfrac{f'(x)}{f(x)} :smile:

I prefer this version :biggrin:
Original post by tigerz
Sorry, I didn't mean it in that way :frown: I was too intrigued and wanted to know.
Well basically they made a typo so it became an unsolvable question, obviously after the exam the examiner would scrap those marks but during the exam you'd think you'd lose them

I dunno, you would know roughly as the boundaries don't change for that specific paper or because its really similar to a past paper? (I'm imagining some complex scenario haha)
Although i'm guessing your the type that would end up pointing out the error and then solve it correctly >.<

I was joking :lol: it didn't really offend me!

I still wouldn't try to even it out because I may have made a silly mistake somewhere in the paper :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by joostan

i dont get how...
1/3ln(x+1/2) doesn't click with me that way ._.
the top isn't the differential of the bottom so um
how does that work
Ok, that is ridiculous :zomg: This thread regularly goes off track because people throw around AEA/ STEP level questions but this thread is not for IMO-level questions - very few people on here have the prerequisite knowledge/ training to attempt questions of that standard....questions like that belong on the proof is trivial thread :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by joostan

Spoiler

Shush :colone:
Reply 3677
Original post by joostan
They will indeed :biggrin:

Spoiler

Good luck

Haha, lovely in appearance, evil in reality

Spoiler

Original post by pureandmodest
i dont get how...
1/3ln(x+1/2) doesn't click with me that way ._.
the top isn't the differential of the bottom so um
how does that work

Well what is ddx(x+12)\dfrac{d}{dx}\left(x+\frac{1}{2}\right)?

Shush :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by tigerz
Haha, lovely in appearance, evil in reality

Spoiler

There's no such thing! :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)

Surely it's too easy to be an IMO question? Unless proof by example isn't allowed for some reason.

Latest

Trending

Trending