The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

I chose Meng too ^^
Hemel hempstead, not the best of places tbh...
What about you? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by polecon
Not yet, will start after my exams have finished. How about you?

Is there a list of what we need to read?

I read some for my personal statement but not since, i'm on a Gap Year and living in China so it's pretty difficult to get hold of them except on kindle/itunes. I can't find a reading list anywhere though...
Congratulations! Your place at University of Southampton (S27) to study Law (M100) has been confirmed.
Reply 203
Original post by bridie1706
I read some for my personal statement but not since, i'm on a Gap Year and living in China so it's pretty difficult to get hold of them except on kindle/itunes. I can't find a reading list anywhere though...

I know when you click on modules for the course it gives you the textbook that you will need for it but that is it.
Original post by polecon
I know when you click on modules for the course it gives you the textbook that you will need for it but that is it.

Oh I hadn't noticed that, thanks!
Roughly what date do we move into halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should be around 21st and 22nd september

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed for Adult Nursing a couple months ago now :biggrin: Roll on September :')
Reply 208
I firmed my offer to study BSc Economics :smile: Looking forward to it lots!!

Anybody know which are the nicest halls, and which ones have en suite? I guess I should apply for accomodation quite soon.
Reply 209
Original post by Declan135
I firmed my offer to study BSc Economics :smile: Looking forward to it lots!!

Anybody know which are the nicest halls, and which ones have en suite? I guess I should apply for accomodation quite soon.

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/OurHalls.html - Halls information :smile:

The general idea is that Wessex is cheaper but more social, and Glen Eyre is slightly quieter and more expensive, but the site is a bit nicer. I'm not too sure about small halls because I didn't look into them that much, but when I went to an open day last year I had a look around Glen Eyre and all the rooms were really nice. Wessex seems nice too but I've only seen pictures.
Reply 210
Original post by siric
Hey everyone! I'm Siri and I thought I'd create a separate thread for those who have firmed or who are seriously considering about firming Southampton! I know there is one for applicants, but as there isn't an active Facebook group or anything, I thought this would be a good way to meet other firmers. I'm coming from America and I would love to know a few people before I arrive. :smile:

If you want, you could post your course and the accommodation you signed up for?

I'm doing BSc Management at the Highfield Campus and I signed up for Wessex en-suite as my first choice.

Oh wow I typed the year 2014 wrong and I don't know how to fix it. This is awk.

Hey im Aisling and ive firmed for geophysics :smile: Dw your not on your own im the only Irish girl ive heard as of yet going. Its nice to meet you.
Reply 211
Anyone know when freshers start/we are meant to move in? I am trying to cram my summer.

Also studying Marine Biology(hopefully)
Original post by ASKEHEL
Anyone know when freshers start/we are meant to move in? I am trying to cram my summer.

I think most people move in on the 21st/22nd September and freshers starts on the 23rd but I'm not 100% sure.
Reply 213
Original post by Chocip
I think most people move in on the 21st/22nd September and freshers starts on the 23rd but I'm not 100% sure.

That's what it seemed to look like when i looked it up. THANKS:biggrin:
Original post by Chocip

We move in on the 21st September and we start 1st October :smile: We have one week "free" before we start :smile: We will have induction in this week. And fresher's week also :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 215
I've firmed for BA History and German! Cannot wait, i'm praying i meet my grades xD
Hello,

I got unconditional offer for MSc Sound and vibration.
As I learn from the thread about Wessex lane, I intend to apply for Wessex lane as well :smile:.

I am little confused can someone clarify how many bathrooms & toilets are there when University site says

"Single study bedrooms with a washbasin. Bathrooms and kitchens are normally shared between 8 or more residents".

I suppose 2 or 3..
Reply 217
YOZ.

Im from Singapore and I just firmed law! :biggrin:
Reply 218
Firmed geology and applied to both Wessex and glen eyre
Original post by ASKEHEL

MSci or BSc? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending