The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
LOOL, I don't know why I chose this nickname :dontknow: I was making the account in a hurry :P Although tigers are pretty cool: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m69zdxLsBz1r8xc0mo1_500.jpg \leftarrow bare cute! :h:

Then again I have a dog called Simba.. :biggrin:

LOLs, how much more exams have you got left? How many of them are maths?

Isn't Simba a Lion's name. Nice pic link btw.
I have 4 more exams left. Only 2 of them are maths: C3 and C4. Is my sig not appearing anymore? My exam info should be in it.
I was meant to be starting exam revision today, unfortunately I seem to have more housework (or should I say flatwork?) to complete. I should be done before it's time to prepare tea so I can do a couple past papers in the evening. It's okay to be relaxed about it I think! As long as I do a healthy amount of past papers per day.
Original post by MathsNerd1
I can wait that long :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by joostan
Quote me in the solution will you?

Spoiler

I ****ing execrate all of you :colone:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3722
Original post by reubenkinara
Isn't Simba a Lion's name. Nice pic link btw.
I have 4 more exams left. Only 2 of them are maths: C3 and C4. Is my sig not appearing anymore? My exam info should be in it.
I was meant to be starting exam revision today, unfortunately I seem to have more housework (or should I say flatwork?) to complete. I should be done before it's time to prepare tea so I can do a couple past papers in the evening. It's okay to be relaxed about it I think! As long as I do a healthy amount of past papers per day.

Yup, my dog has a lions name ^_^ Why thank you, when I was little I wanted I baby white tiger but then realised it may be slightly inconvenient!
:O Never knew about that, looks cool! Ah I've been putting chores of for a while but they are slowly returning, gonna end up being a maid after exams to make up for it, yeah same I feel the same way although i'm only managing to get 1 paper in these days, I need to do at least 2/3 for it to be sufficient revision haha, I think I feel a little too relaxed!
Good luck with the rest of your exams, you'll be fine! The c3 and c4 papers are reserves let me know how they went :smile:
Original post by Felix Felicis

Spoiler

So that is how you dealt with the other quadratic, I never thought to simply make it equal another greek letter, I must say though that looks pretty damn impressive! :biggrin:
So that is how you dealt with the other quadratic, I never thought to simply make it equal another greek letter, I must say though that looks pretty damn impressive! :biggrin:

It's just completing the square - I only let the terms equal to something else so I don't die from the algebra :teehee:

Spoiler

I can't check :frown:Looks correct :biggrin:. Felix, when doing this type of stuff do you do it/think whilst typing the latex or do you type the latex after doing it on paper?
It's just completing the square - I only let the terms equal to something else so I don't die from the algebra :teehee:

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
I can't check :frown:Looks correct :biggrin:. Felix, when doing this type of stuff do you do it/think whilst typing the latex or do you type the latex after doing it on paper?

I do the problem whilst typing it in LaTeX brah :teehee:

And there was me trying my best to hack through all the horrendous algebra and you do go and simplify it all, why the hell didn't I think of that! Stupid me :mad:

Wow :eek:
And there was me trying my best to hack through all the horrendous algebra and you do go and simplify it all, why the hell didn't I think of that! Stupid me :mad:

Well now, you've picked up a neat trick that may prove helpful in the future :biggrin:.
Well now, you've picked up a neat trick that may prove helpful in the future :biggrin:.

Indeed, always just simplify whenever I find something that looks horrible and deal with it all at the end :tongue:
Reply 3732

amazing- 'nuff said

Can you always just equate to a random sign? and then deal with it later?
Original post by tigerz
amazing- 'nuff said

Can you always just equate to a random sign? and then deal with it later?

Yeah, it's still the same thing

EDIT: Can I just point out - if it's a hard problem on which I actually need to think, I do it on paper. :lol: If it's like the integral from that AEA question, then just LaTeX
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3734

EDIT: Can I just point out - if it's a hard problem on which I actually need to think, I do it on paper. :lol: If it's like the integral from that AEA question, then just LaTeX

awesome, so do alpha, beta and gamma mean anything specific in maths?
Original post by tigerz
awesome, so do alpha, beta and gamma mean anything specific in maths?

They're just greek letters - I'm sure they're used in conventions to mean things specifically (for example, γ\gamma is commonly used to denote the Lorentz factor in special relativity) but I just used them as they're the first that came to my mind :lol: I could've used a penis as the placeholder if I really wanted to :teehee:
They're just greek letters - I'm sure they're used in conventions to mean things specifically (for example, γ\gamma is commonly used to denote the Lorentz factor in special relativity) but I just used them as they're the first that came to my mind :lol: I could've used a penis as the placeholder if I really wanted to :teehee:

I love using lambda personally, and will throw it in whenever I get the opportunity.
Original post by DJMayes
I love using lambda personally, and will throw it in whenever I get the opportunity.

Too true! Lambda is one sexy letter :coma: I use a curly w sometimes, don't know why, just do, it looks cool :teehee: Like ww
Reply 3738

Haha, and you finding a problem hard is a difficult task in itself :wink:

Yeah I was thinking, its alright as long as the symbol doesnt represent a specific num eg πorϕ \pi or \phi
lmao seems like something you'd do, this means I can casually make:
a2+bc37=\sqrt{a^2+b-\frac{c^3}{7}}= or RandomMathsShiz=Random Maths Shiz=

I will do so if required when joostan gives me that problem
(edited 10 years ago)
Too true! Lambda is one sexy letter :coma: I use a curly w sometimes, don't know why, just do, it looks cool :teehee: Like ww

Agreed. I prefer lower case omega (the curly w to which you refer) more than upper case as well.

What modules are you actually sitting this summer?

Latest

Trending

Trending