The Student Room Group

F584 transport economics june 2013

Thought i would start a thread for those of us taking transport economics in June , so we can discuss things about the topic :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by iggyDash
Thought i would start a thread for those of us taking transport economics in June , so we can discuss things about the topic :biggrin:

Just started revising, those diagrams look solid!
Reply 2
Original post by Nerd2
Just started revising, those diagrams look solid!

Exactly , theres like 6/7 curves in 1 diagram
everything looks nasty

the text book is only 100 pages long so i thought itd be a lot shorter than global.....it seems to be decvieving

the pages are FULL of stuff :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by mandem2k11
everything looks nasty

the text book is only 100 pages long so i thought itd be a lot shorter than global.....it seems to be decvieving

the pages are FULL of stuff :s-smilie:

lol that's exactly what I thought, only 100 pages, so would be easy, but the content of those pages looks solid!
you know chapter 8, all the COBA, Cost benifit analysis, eddington transport study etc.. do u have to learn it or can u gert away with not learning it? none of it makes any sense and its all nasty lmao
Reply 6
COBA, cost benifit analysis are important so i guess you have to and also this might help - http://www.quia.com/files/quia/users/vsemmens10/QA_F584_Transport_Economics_2011.pdf
Reply 7
I can't contribute much to this thread at the moment as I haven't really started revising yet. I will start posting stuff nearer to the exam.
COBA, cost benifit analysis are important so i guess you have to and also this might help - http://www.quia.com/files/quia/users/vsemmens10/QA_F584_Transport_Economics_2011.pdf

wow those are incredible. wish id found thatb efore making my rubish notes..may just write these out lol
Reply 9
Exactly , theres like 6/7 curves in 1 diagram

If I can't grasp the concepts at A2 level, I wonder how I am do economics at degree level lol.
i have to self teach this as well from the text book, its not pretty haha. verything is jsut letters and weird shapes fml
Reply 11
i have to self teach this as well from the text book, its not pretty haha. verything is jsut letters and weird shapes fml

same!
Reply 12
Original post by Nerd2
If I can't grasp the concepts at A2 level, I wonder how I am do economics at degree level lol.[/
Yeah depends on the difficulty gap
Reply 13

Lol Yeah. I mean look at the diagram for the "equilibrium for a natural monopoly"
Reply 14

I think the reason why people find it so hard to grasp is that it hasn't been given the full mathematical treatment by any textbook. So the best thing you can do is to look up the curves online and read up on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hows revision going guys?
Hows revision going guys?

im gonna fail all my exams lol. and if i fail i cant reapply next year coz i cant get a reference from school :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Nerd2
same!

Hows revision? im learning the graphs, need to go over privatization. planning to be comfortable with the unit by the end of this week i.e getting A's in past papers
Reply 18
Only just started revising. I'm desperate for an A on this paper. Good to hear your getting A's in the past papers :smile:
I will start solid revision for it on the 4th, exam is on the 11th, right?
Reply 19
Original post by Nerd2
Only just started revising. I'm desperate for an A on this paper. Good to hear your getting A's in the past papers :smile:
I will start solid revision for it on the 4th, exam is on the 11th, right?

Lol i wish i was getting A's in past papers lol. I said i want to be getting A's in past papers by the end of this week.

And yeah exam is on the 11th 9am

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending