The Student Room Group

Arsey's D1 Edexcel Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AhmedDavid
You know for part 1a) the very question if you put a maximum matching bipartite graph would u still get the mark?

As long as the 2 words bipartite and graph are written down you should.
Reply 221
Original post by m4ths/maths247

For the last Q on CPA I said how the lower bound from the graph is a practial solution; whereas the one from the calculation is a theoretical ? will i get the mark?
Original post by Smko
For the last Q on CPA I said how the lower bound from the graph is a practial solution; whereas the one from the calculation is a theoretical ? will i get the mark?

Yes most likely so..possibly.
Here was my justification:
http://youtu.be/KwlAMObQSVk

Im sure there will be a range of answers.
I like the idea of the dependent activities though.
Reply 223

Yeah quite like your answer! Shame i didnt think of it :frown:

Also you know how theres two papers; will there be 2 grade boundaries?surely they cant merge the 2 together ? :frown: THANK YOU

Btw your videos have been amazing- watching the Fp1 ones as we speak :smile:
Original post by Smko
Yeah quite like your answer! Shame i didnt think of it :frown:

Also you know how theres two papers; will there be 2 grade boundaries?surely they cant merge the 2 together ? :frown: THANK YOU

Btw your videos have been amazing- watching the Fp1 ones as we speak :smile:

Thanks, hope they help.
There will be two sets of grade boundaries which will depend on how the cohort do in each.
Reply 225
Thanks, hope they help.
There will be two sets of grade boundaries which will depend on how the cohort do in each.

Phew better be two sets of boundaries ! :P The international papers for M1,S1,C2 seem to be easier :'(
Reply 226
Original post by Smko
Phew better be two sets of boundaries ! :P The international papers for M1,S1,C2 seem to be easier :'(

C2 was loads easier. I thought M1 and S1 were harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227

I think you would probably get away with just saying because it is bigger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
I think you would probably get away with just saying because it is bigger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you could be right.
I thought as the paper was light of definitions Edexcel may have seen this as an opportunity to differentiate between 100UMS and 97/98.
Reply 229
Original post by Arsey
C2 was loads easier. I thought M1 and S1 were harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

International M1 was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier in my view (and the view of my school). The questions were 'normal' ; like the last Q was similar to one of the past papers.
Original post by Smko
International M1 was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier in my view (and the view of my school). The questions were 'normal' ; like the last Q was similar to one of the past papers.

The grade boundaries will probably reflect this.

From experience:

Many students want an easy paper before the they go into the exam and ask for low grade boundaries for the same exam when they walk out. :wink:
Reply 231

Thank you mate!

Your videos rock BTW! You should duo with examsolutions providing a even stronger service and maybe adding additional services for subscribers who pay :smile:
Original post by AhmedDavid
Thank you mate!

Your videos rock BTW! You should duo with examsolutions providing a even stronger service and maybe adding additional services for subscribers who pay :smile:

Thanks very much :smile:
Doing a 'duet' with ES sounds a good idea! I will see what he thinks.

I want everything to be free for people to learn. I think there are too many barriers to people being successful as it is so anything free is good.

I am working on a 120 hours DVD that will provide a full 30-60 minute tutorial on every topic in C1-4/M1/S1/D1 which will go on Amazon for about £15 at the end of the summer. Everything I put on youtube will always be free (unless they change that :smile:)

#allaboutmypupils
Thanks very much :smile:
Doing a 'duet' with ES sounds a good idea! I will see what he thinks.

I want everything to be free for people to learn. I think there are too many barriers to people being successful as it is so anything free is good.

I am working on a 120 hours DVD that will provide a full 30-60 minute tutorial on every topic in C1-4/M1/S1/D1 which will go on Amazon for about £15 at the end of the summer. Everything I put on youtube will always be free (unless they change that :smile:)

#allaboutmypupils

You're seriously totally epic :eek:

Truly one of a kind..

Well, two of a kind I guess. There's ES too haha.

Also I think the DVD is a fantastic idea, I'll defo be getting my hands on one of those as soon as they become available :colone:
Original post by lebron_23
You're seriously totally epic :eek:

Truly one of a kind..

Well, two of a kind I guess. There's ES too haha.

Also I think the DVD is a fantastic idea, I'll defo be getting my hands on one of those as soon as they become available :colone:

Thanks!
Good luck with your exams :smile:
Here are both the UK and International mark schemes, enjoy.
Reply 236
Original post by MathsNerd1
Here are both the UK and International mark schemes, enjoy.

Hiya! Just wondering, as I am thinking of retaking some maths units, do you have a blank Question Paper for both D1 and M1? Thanks!
Original post by nataash
Hiya! Just wondering, as I am thinking of retaking some maths units, do you have a blank Question Paper for both D1 and M1? Thanks!

Let me just get them for you, are you international or UK?
Reply 238
Original post by MathsNerd1
Let me just get them for you, are you international or UK?

Thank you! I'm uk :smile:
Original post by nataash
Thank you! I'm uk :smile:

Okay let me just find them now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending