The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by ElChapo
Anyone got good notes on mount Etna? I find it a really baffling case study as there are so many eruptions

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have somewhere, but the 1984 eruption is a very good example of management, as they built diversion spillways, and there is a geo fact sheet on it I think.
Reply 781
Original post by ElChapo
Anyone got good notes on mount Etna? I find it a really baffling case study as there are so many eruptions

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you find it difficult (it is pretty dire) then you can use mt st helens although make sure u know obscure details as the examiners probably know the ins and outs of it!
For sustainable cities do we just have to know about sustainable transport and waste management, or all the rest?
Reply 783
Original post by Axion
If you find it difficult (it is pretty dire) then you can use mt st helens although make sure u know obscure details as the examiners probably know the ins and outs of it!
my teacher advised strongly against Mt St Helens, he says the examiner will accept it but they prefer you to use something more recent
Original post by JenniS
where've you found reurbanisation, suburbanisation and counterurbanisation stuff for mumbai? I've only got it for urbanisation :/

Teacher said its not happening in LEDCs at the moment. That's why in the spec a question was written about re-urbanisation in LEDCs and it wasn't allowed to be asked for this reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 785
Original post by Toodle-noodle
Tectonic essay predictions anyone? I'm thinking seismicity? If they want to be really mean then tsunami relating to earthquakes..

I know seismicity is to do with earthquakes and tsunamis and that's what you will write about in the exam but does it include volcanoes? Or just earthquakes and tsunamis?

Bascially what I'm trying to say is, when they say 'seismicity' what does that refer to? Volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunamis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
Original post by Gary
I know seismicity is to do with earthquakes and tsunamis and that's what you will write about in the exam but does it include volcanoes? Or just earthquakes and tsunamis?

Bascially what I'm trying to say is, when they say 'seismicity' what does that refer to? Volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunamis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seismicity is all to do with ground movement not volcanoes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
In the development and globalisation section, if the 40 marker was on global social and economic groupings the main emphasis has to be on the EU, but can we mention NAFTA and ASEAN etc?

Whats everyones prediciton on the 40 marker for the globalisation topic? Highly unlikely for it to be trade and aid as it came up on jan 2013, but then again who knows?

i personally think sustainabilty in development or global social and economic groupings
Reply 788
Original post by Gary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol mate, Volcanoes is Vulcanicity :P! Kinda in the name
Reply 789
Does anybody have a good way to structure this tectonics essay question ....... To what extent can preparedness and planning mitigate the effects of volcanic hazards? HELP would be much appreciated!
Reply 790
Original post by K_Ahmed94
In the development and globalisation section, if the 40 marker was on global social and economic groupings the main emphasis has to be on the EU, but can we mention NAFTA and ASEAN etc?

Whats everyones prediciton on the 40 marker for the globalisation topic? Highly unlikely for it to be trade and aid as it came up on jan 2013, but then again who knows?

i personally think sustainabilty in development or global social and economic groupings

Hey, yeah it would be good to mention them - remember, the more examples, the better! I'm looking to do the globalization 40 marker too! What would you write about for sustainability? That's the one part of globalization I hate lol I hope something to do with NICs/TNCs comes up, I'd be happy with global, social and economic grouping too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
does anyone have any idea what 40 marker may come up for development and globalization or world cities?

Thanks!
Reply 792
Seismicity came up in January as the 40 marker! I'm not dismissing it, but vulcanicity hasnt come up for a while because the June 2012 was to do with tectonic theory.
Reply 793
Original post by Axion
Lol mate, Volcanoes is Vulcanicity :P! Kinda in the name

I was kinda confused, just making sure :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 794
Original post by abismall
Seismicity came up in January as the 40 marker! I'm not dismissing it, but vulcanicity hasnt come up for a while because the June 2012 was to do with tectonic theory.

Yeah I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile
what case studies are there for waste management in developing nations?
Reply 796
Is it just me or this there so much more theory for volcanoes than earthquakes...damn wish we had the jan13 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 797
Original post by Jade10128
Is it just me or this there so much more theory for volcanoes than earthquakes...damn wish we had the jan13 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, that paper would literally be a dream in the exam :/ yeah I'm just praying that the 40 marker isn't tsunamis!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 798
Original post by abismall
Me too, that paper would literally be a dream in the exam :/ yeah I'm just praying that the 40 marker isn't tsunamis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think they can actually set a 40 marker on tsunamis? Its a small topic and the spec doesnt specifically say two contrasting case studies for it?
Would be pretty harsh if they did - would not be alot to talk about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Originally Posted by abismall

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think they can actually set a 40 marker on tsunamis? Its a small topic and the spec doesnt specifically say two contrasting case studies for it?

Would be pretty harsh if they did - would not be alot to talk about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it will be something along the lines of seismicity always brings disastrous events. Then u could incorporate it into the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending