The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CloUpsidedown
Hi, just found this thread!!
It may have been mentioned earlier, but where are you guys planning on going to uni?
I have 3 that stand out to me and I'm taking the correct A levels ect..
Liverpool, Nottingham and Bristol are the 3. I'm hoping to look round them this summer however the open day for nottingham is the day after prom :/
Nice to finally have a thread for us :smile:

I'm happy to answer any questions for Liverpool as student here if you'd like? Liverpool has the highest work exp. requirement so be sure you meet & exceed this by the time you apply :wink:
Hi, just found this thread!!
It may have been mentioned earlier, but where are you guys planning on going to uni?
I have 3 that stand out to me and I'm taking the correct A levels ect..
Liverpool, Nottingham and Bristol are the 3. I'm hoping to look round them this summer however the open day for nottingham is the day after prom :/
Nice to finally have a thread for us :smile:

Hey there, welcome to the thread :hi: . I think I remember you from the AQA geography thread? :tongue:

I haven't decided on my uni choices yet, I'm going to wait until I've been to a few open days first :yep:

What A-Levels are you taking? :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
You crazy stalker, you! :lol:

I just saw your avvie and vet med thread... So decided to flush you out :ahee:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I just saw your avvie and vet med thread... So decided to flush you out :ahee:

Let's be honest, I have the best avatar on the forum :smug:
Hey there, welcome to the thread :hi: . I think I remember you from the AQA geography thread? :tongue:

I haven't decided on my uni choices yet, I'm going to wait until I've been to a few open days first :yep:

What A-Levels are you taking? :smile:

Yep, I'm from the geography :P

I'm taking: Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Photography

I've checked with the uni's and they've all said that they are ok :smile:
Yep, I'm from the geography :P

I'm taking: Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Photography

I've checked with the uni's and they've all said that they are ok :smile:

Oooh, photography will be interesting :yep: .
Let's be honest, I have the best avatar on the forum :smug:

Sure... Because a genetically engineered evil puffer fish isn't awesome :mmm:

Before I spam, I'll go on the other thread.
Oooh, photography will be interesting :yep: .

yeah, I wanted to do I.T however the option blocks didn't allow me to...

So far i've done:
2 weeks at our vets (i live on a farm so often get to see vets working - i've seen 2 caesareans (not a clue if that's spelt right :P) at home which was amazing!!)
a weeks lambing
a weeks milking

and i'm hoping to go to:
a chicken farm - laying hens
riding centre
more dairy work this summer which i'm looking forward too - especially the dairy as i love it!!

i'm also in young farmers which has brought some amazing opportunities to me.. mainly through stockjudging which i hope will look good on my cv :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sure... Because a genetically engineered evil puffer fish isn't awesome :mmm:

Before I spam, I'll go on the other thread.

I couldn't have said it better myself :yep: You are so right, they're not 'awesome'. :smug:

Yeah, scram. Go back to where you came from and don't come back! :lol:

i'm also in young farmers which has brought some amazing opportunities to me.. mainly through stockjudging which i hope will look good on my cv :smile:

Oh wow, I'm insanely jealous that you live on a farm! :biggrin: What sort of farm is it? :smile:

Your work experience looks great so far :smile: I'm going to a riding centre and dairy farm in the summer as well :biggrin: The nearest chicken farm was miles away from me, but I have my own hens and I volunteer on an urban farm where they have chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, fancy pigeons and guinea fowl, so hopefully that will count for something!
Oh wow, I'm insanely jealous that you live on a farm! :biggrin: What sort of farm is it? :smile:

Your work experience looks great so far :smile: I'm going to a riding centre and dairy farm in the summer as well :biggrin: The nearest chicken farm was miles away from me, but I have my own hens and I volunteer on an urban farm where they have chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, fancy pigeons and guinea fowl, so hopefully that will count for something!

It is a mixed arable and livestock farm, we have about 20 cows which produce beef cattle. we also have about 150 ewes and are hoping to increase them to about 200 by next year.

Personally, i have a flock of badger face sheep which are insanely cute and are amazing! I also look after the tiddling lambs every year and I have 50 hens and sell the eggs for money towards University (my sheep are also my uni fund!! :P)

It's amazing living on a farm and i wouldn't change it for the world!

It's amazing living on a farm and i wouldn't change it for the world!

I bet it is! :biggrin: I would have loved to have grown up on a farm :moon: . My mother moved to London from the countryside, but my great aunt did the opposite and now she runs her own riding stable!

What sort of cows are they? We have English longhorns and red poll cattle on the farm where I work. We have a couple of Friesians too, Shoeface and Sidehorn, who we use for milking demonstrations. :smile:

Badger face sheep are adorable :love:
Original post by SilverstarDJ
I'm happy to answer any questions for Liverpool as student here if you'd like? Liverpool has the highest work exp. requirement so be sure you meet & exceed this by the time you apply :wink:

Aww, thank you :smile:

basically.. what's it like there?

Is it very equine based as that's what i've heard...

If i think of any more, i'll come back to you :smile:
I bet it is! :biggrin: I would have loved to have grown up on a farm :moon: . My mother moved to London from the countryside, but my great aunt did the opposite and now she runs her own riding stable!

What sort of cows are they? We have English longhorns and red poll cattle on the farm where I work. We have a couple of Friesians too, Shoeface and Sidehorn, who we use for milking demonstrations. :smile:

Badger face sheep are adorable :love:

mainly the cows are belgium blue cross which we put to a limousin bull for the beef breed however my brother have a pedigree hereford herd (a local breed) and we are putting half of the cows to his bull to breed some quiet heifers to put back to the limousin bull...

they are so cute butvery good at escaping which doesn't make them very popular with my brother!
Dammit! I've lost the file documenting all the days/times I've been on the farm :frown:
Dammit! I've lost the file documenting all the days/times I've been on the farm :frown:

oh dear :frown: is it not backed up anywhere?
mainly the cows are belgium blue cross which we put to a limousin bull for the beef breed however my brother have a pedigree hereford herd (a local breed) and we are putting half of the cows to his bull to breed some quiet heifers to put back to the limousin bull...

they are so cute butvery good at escaping which doesn't make them very popular with my brother!

I don't think I've ever seen any of those, I shall have to have a quick Google :biggrin:

Oh, sheep are nutters when it comes to escaping. When we had lambs a couple of months ago they kept jumping the fence and running around. I lost count of the number of times frantic visitors would come up to me saying "Your lambs have escaped!" :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)

I don't think I've ever seen any of those, I shall have to have a quick Google :biggrin:

Oh, sheep are nutters when it comes to escaping. When we had lambs a couple of months ago they kept jumping the fence and running around. I lost count of the number of times frantic visitors would come up to me saying "Your lambs have escaped!" :lol:

Haa, there's a saying "a sheeps main aim in life is to get out or die" if ours do both at the same time - it's a bonus to them :/

I know, we live on the side of a main road but on a lane and our sheep always end up getting onto the main road which is quite busy but never the lane which is never used apart from residents!!
oh dear :frown: is it not backed up anywhere?

I hope so :s-smilie: I just don't know where...
Haa, there's a saying "a sheeps main aim in life is to get out or die" if ours do both at the same time - it's a bonus to them :/

I know, we live on the side of a main road but on a lane and our sheep always end up getting onto the main road which is quite busy but never the lane which is never used apart from residents!!

Very true :lol:

Our turkeys got onto the main road once! :eek: It's a straight section of road so people drive down there at high speed. Those turkeys were freaking suicidal I think :lol: I think the fox got them all in the end, though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending