The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Who's up for telling your teacher at the end that you answered the essay question for a topic you weren't taught as a late April Fools Joke?

Geography teachers need to loosen up :P
Reply 801
Original post by spurs1995
what case studies are there for waste management in developing nations?

We don't need a case study for waste management do we? :s-smilie: cause i haven't got one =/
Original post by ElChapo
Anyone got good notes on mount Etna? I find it a really baffling case study as there are so many eruptions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me about it! I regret learning it.. I focussed on the 2001 eruption I think you only need specific examples for ONE of the eruptions..
Reply 803
Original post by jacktomos95
I dont think they can actually set a 40 marker on tsunamis? Its a small topic and the spec doesnt specifically say two contrasting case studies for it?

Would be pretty harsh if they did - would not be alot to talk about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it will be something along the lines of seismicity always brings disastrous events. Then u could incorporate it into the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats quite similar to jan 13 though, so I dont think seismicity will be in the 40 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 804
Original post by Gary
We don't need a case study for waste management do we? :s-smilie: cause i haven't got one =/

Nope, you dont
Original post by Axion
Nope, you dont

I thought you did! Im doing Curitiba, Brazil.
Reply 806
Do we need two contrasting case studies for tsunamis or just one (boxing day 2004 indian ocean for me)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jade10128
Do we need two contrasting case studies for tsunamis or just one (boxing day 2004 indian ocean for me)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have only learnt one (Japan 2011). I dont think it is compulsory to learn one anyway because it doesn't state it on the spec. But it is good to have one anyway :smile:
Reply 808
Original post by rosiejohnston
I have only learnt one (Japan 2011). I dont think it is compulsory to learn one anyway because it doesn't state it on the spec. But it is good to have one anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 809
Original post by rosiejohnston
I thought you did! Im doing Curitiba, Brazil.

Going strictly by the spec you don't, but of course we're all obssessed with case studies lol.

Can't work out with Geography whether less is more is better or if more is less is better
Reply 810
Original post by Axion
Going strictly by the spec you don't, but of course we're all obssessed with case studies lol.

Can't work out with Geography whether less is more is better or if more is less is better

Surely if they have it as a 10 marker we would need a case study?
Original post by Axion
Nope, you dont

Yes you do because a ten marker has been discuss the solutions city's adopt to become more sustainable.

You would need to talk about..
1.waste and case studies
2. Transport and air pollution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 812
Original post by jacktomos95
Yes you do because a ten marker has been discuss the solutions city's adopt to become more sustainable.

You would need to talk about..
1.waste and case studies
2. Transport and air pollution

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? what paper was that :s-smilie:
jeeesus someone help me with this exam :frown:((((((((((((((((((((
Original post by Gary
really? what paper was that :s-smilie:

In the specimen paper. The whole paper for the additional spec weather and climate came up word for word in jan. they use this for the exams it's just a matter of time until the spec paper comes up and that's got tsunamis and waste management on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 815
I found this question on the additional sample questions on the Aqa Website, how are you suppose to answer this...

c) Assess the effects of re-urbanisation on cities within countries at different
levels of economic development.(10marks)

within countries at different levels of economic development? :s-smilie:
Original post by RikersIsland
jeeesus someone help me with this exam :frown:((((((((((((((((((((
I wish I could! The people that wrote the specification are sooo mean. Theory is fine, but JUST theory, not with 30492857 case studies please :angry:
Original post by Gary
I found this question on the additional sample questions on the Aqa Website, how are you suppose to answer this...

c) Assess the effects of re-urbanisation on cities within countries at different

I'd say Mumbai for an LEDC and Manchester (Hulme) and London (Thames Gateway/Islington) for re-urbanisation in the MEDC...but i'm not sure Mumbai is for re-urbanisation, it's the only LEDC I have :s-smilie:
Original post by Gary

That won't come up ever my teacher said because its not happening in LEDCs at the moment. That's why it has never come up in 4yrs or ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flower124
I wish I could! The people that wrote the specification are sooo mean. Theory is fine, but JUST theory, not with 30492857 case studies please :angry:

Hahahaaa don't even get me started on the case studies! Local, national, international, the ridiculous amount of case studies are endless! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending