The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
holy crap my hand aches after doing core studies past papers. Why does core studies require so much writing goddammit!?

Also how's everyone feeling for section b and c?
Original post by DEb96
oh and mundane realism, thanks :P

Reductionist- when behavour is said to be caused by one factor only. For example 'agressive behavour is due to genes'.

Realism. Just relates to the egological validity of the study in terms of real life. For example in Milgram do we really shock people on a normal basis?
I hope we get a similar paper to January 2009 :P
Original post by qs2xo
holy crap my hand aches after doing core studies past papers. Why does core studies require so much writing goddammit!?

Also how's everyone feeling for section b and c?

Okay I guess do you have any predictions?
Reply 344
Original post by random1234567
Okay I guess do you have any predictions?

my main prediction for section b is baron cohen as it last came up in jan 09
For section B im predicting physiological and behaviourist (or psychodynamic)

Someone earlier in the thread said that for section C they cant ask you about 2 perspectives. Can anyone confirm this?
Can someone please help me with this question:

"Using examples from a relevant study, describe how the behaviourist perspective would explain conformity"

I know that you'd have to use examples from Reicher and Haslam, but which type of conditioning would it be? I was thinking operant? the positive reinforcement could be how the prisoners grew stronger as a group when they began to identify after day 3, but i'm not sure :confused:
Original post by qs2xo
my main prediction for section b is baron cohen as it last came up in jan 09
For section B im predicting physiological and behaviourist (or psychodynamic)

Someone earlier in the thread said that for section C they cant ask you about 2 perspectives. Can anyone confirm this?

Ahh okay thanks and my teacher said that too..... I hope its physiological and behaviourist...... I hope psychodynamic doesnt come up
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 347
Ahh okay thanks and my teacher said that too..... I hope its physiological and behaviourist...... I hope psychodynamic doesnt come up

oh really? well since the teachers are saying it I'd take their word for it. I'm mainly revising the physiological approach right now, then gonna do behaviourist afterwards.
For some reason I think the behaviourist perspective is more likely to come up so I might just revise the keypoints for psychodynamic just incase.
Which studies do the approaches/perspectives link to?
Original post by qs2xo
oh really? well since the teachers are saying it I'd take their word for it. I'm mainly revising the physiological approach right now, then gonna do behaviourist afterwards.
For some reason I think the behaviourist perspective is more likely to come up so I might just revise the keypoints for psychodynamic just incase.

yeah I have a feeling behaviourist will come up and im doing model essays for advantages+disadvantages and trying to remember them..
Yeah Ill revise abit of psychodynamic just incase :smile:
Just need to go over section B in more detail as im okay with section a i think haha
Hey guys any tips on remembering all the studies? I can't seem to remember them all and I'm really panicky!
How many changes will we need to suggest for the section B question?
Original post by Skyscraper15
Hey guys any tips on remembering all the studies? I can't seem to remember them all and I'm really panicky!

What type of learner are you?
btw the general grade boundaries for an A are around 85/120
Reply 354
How many changes will we need to suggest for the section B question?

Just 2. The changes are mainly concerned with ecological validity and the sample.
but the changes can be anything as long as you justify it
What type of learner are you?

I'd say a visual or auditory..
Reply 356
omg you legend thanks :biggrin:

Ahahah No Problem :smile:
Original post by Skyscraper15
I'd say a visual or auditory..

you could go on youtube and search for the core study videos since you are a visual learner :smile:
Hey does anyone know the backgrounds for Baron - Cohen, Dement and Klietman, Sperry, Thigpen and Cleckley and Rosenhan??? :/ because I find myself writing toooo much for just a 2 marker question or a 4 marker for the section B a.) Question. Can anyone tell me 2 main points on the background for each of those studies? That will be a huge help :wink: THANK YOU!!
Original post by --K
Ahahah No Problem :smile:

Have you got any other notes :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending