The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mouse Potato
Oh no! Do they have a phone number you could call maybe? Uni stuff is definitely stressful, I'm returning after a year out and it's so worrying.

-----

I found out that my application was successful!! I don't know where exactly it'll be yet, but they've said that I should be able to bring my gerbil because my CPN said how important she was to my wellbeing, so I'm feeling much calmer about it all now!! :smile:

Mmm but speaking to people on the phone is TERRIFYING.

That is such brilliant news! :biggrin: Really good that it's been successful & that you can take your gerbil.
What is he/she called?
Original post by octoberbaby
Mmm but speaking to people on the phone is TERRIFYING.

That is such brilliant news! :biggrin: Really good that it's been successful & that you can take your gerbil.
What is he/she called?

Ah I know what you mean, I hate phones.

Thanks, I'm so happy! She's called Pringle, she's pretty special needs and I have a lot of MH problems so we spend a lot of time together. I love her to bits, she's stupidly spoilt.

Original post by superwolf

So pleased for you! :biggrin: And I'm sure your gerbil will be happy too. :h:

Thanks! I just told Pringle when I gave her her breakfast, I'd like to say she was overjoyed but I think she was more interested in stuffing her face haha!
Original post by Mouse Potato
Ah I know what you mean, I hate phones.

Thanks, I'm so happy! She's called Pringle, she's pretty special needs and I have a lot of MH problems so we spend a lot of time together. I love her to bits, she's stupidly spoilt.

Thanks! I just told Pringle when I gave her her breakfast, I'd like to say she was overjoyed but I think she was more interested in stuffing her face haha!

I'm happy for you both
"Don't wait until it's too late to tell someone
How much you love, how much you care
Because when they're gone
No matter how loud you shout and cry
They won't hear you anymore"

Wherever you are, I will always love you, for you are always with me everyday, and I will cherish the times I had with you and never forget those times. These memories are all I have left of you, for when you left this world, you took a part of me with you. I wish you were still here with us today. I will never forget you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by -FireFlies-
"Don't wait until it's too late to tell someone
How much you love, how much you care
Because when they're gone
No matter how loud you shout and cry
They won't hear you anymore"

Spoiler

you ok hun?
im on skype if you need me

Hey! :smile: Haven't seen you around in a while. Could meet up for a drink sometime if you like? :beer:

Nah - I've been hiding away, still can't talk about how I am, and this thread moves far too fast. Would be good yes, alcohol is brilliant.
Original post by PonchoKid
you ok hun?
im on skype if you need me

Tough day.. just wish I was at home with my family - we need each other, today more than ever.
Original post by -FireFlies-
Tough day.. just wish I was at home with my family - we need each other, today more than ever.

can you not ask for day release to be with your family? (hug)
can you not ask for day release to be with your family? (hug)

Yeah going home now for a few hours.

:hugs: Can you talk to anyone who could help you sort out what stuff's most important, and you concentrate on that first? I'm worried about my dissertation too, can barely remember what I'm supposed to be doing with it.

I stupidly saw my academic mentor before my meeting with my supervisor and won't see her again until after next week's supervision. I've been completely focused on programming (aiming to have it done before the end of this week) and now my supervisor has decided he wants a draft of my report in before next Tuesday. It's just really scattered me. The report exists but there's so much that needs expanding. My second marker thinks I'm brilliant and that my report so far is good (got a mark of 80% in my mid point viva) but my supervisor just terrifies me when he randomly throws out tasks to do. Just nervous that I won't be able to do it. He wants my viva presentation slides the week after too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1590
Original post by asdfgah
Any particular reason? :hugs:

I always feel worse after therapy and I'm still going, not sure if that's just a sign of madness though. :tongue:

Apparently I'm over-attaching because I was posting the days to go to therapy over the past week on my twitter and you know how worried and anxious I get about attaching too much to people :/ The only way my head knows how to deal with over-attaching is isolation, so I'm currently trying to stop myself from doing exactly that :/

Original post by Anonymous
I do too, I think it's just because you're having to talk about things and open up, at least, that's what I think it is for me.

Normally I feel okay after it but like I just said asdfgah she thinks I'm starting to over-rely and over-attach to her - Both things I feel incredibly uneasy about.
Reply 1591
Had a good day and then whoosh, suddenly the depression hits. I want to curl up on the sofa under a blanket and not get up all night but nope, flat must be spotless and cat-free for the inspection tomorrow. I feel like I need to speak to someone but I have nothing to say. I just don't feel particularly... Anything. Nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
back to square one with the housemate :woo:
i spend an hour cleaning the kitchen in the night, and get no thanks for it, and they cant be arsed cleaning my 1 pan...
i give up, i dont need this ****.

slowly packing up my stuff is pretty scary still, gahhhhhh
Reply 1593
Original post by Deyesy
Apparently I'm over-attaching because I was posting the days to go to therapy over the past week on my twitter and you know how worried and anxious I get about attaching too much to people :/ The only way my head knows how to deal with over-attaching is isolation, so I'm currently trying to stop myself from doing exactly that :/

Normally I feel okay after it but like I just said asdfgah she thinks I'm starting to over-rely and over-attach to her - Both things I feel incredibly uneasy about.

The way you've put it in that post doesn't really sound like she was that helpful... I mean, over-attaching is one of your problems, you know that, so she should be trying to be constructive I think. I guess pointing it out is more constructive than not pointing it out, but did she have any actual advice for dealing with it? I'd say you really should keep going - this might be the start of a breakthrough, you never know.

----

Exam went well this afternoon. Think I wrote three pretty solid essays. 21 pages of A4 :h: (and that was all actually to the point, no rambling required).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1594
Original post by asdfgah
The way you've put it in that post doesn't really sound like she was that helpful... I mean, over-attaching is one of your problems, you know that, so she should be trying to be constructive I think. I guess pointing it out is more constructive than not pointing it out, but did she have any actual advice for dealing with it? I'd say you really should keep going - this might be the start of a breakthrough, you never know.

----

Exam went well this afternoon. Think I wrote three pretty solid essays. 21 pages of A4 :h: (and that was all actually to the point, no rambling required).

Aye, I know it's one of my problems and she gave no advice for dealing with it. We've done what I wanted to which was to put the bullying to bed abit and I do feel like it's been put to bed even if the triggers are still there but there's less of a need to bring it up and I do accept the stuff she and everyone else has said about it being in the past. I don't even know. I hadn't seen her for 6 weeks so part of my head doesn't see anything wrong with counting down the days like I did :/ But over-attaching is the last thing I want to do or becoming reliant on her. Don't want that to happen.

I know it's a problem and I'm not even able to stop it happening without going to extreme's like completely isolating myself :/ :sigh:

Really, really glad your exam went well though :hugs:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Everything was going so perfectly right and now everything has become terrifying and I'm so scared of screwing my dissertation up after it started off so well. I'm being pulled in too many directions and because I'm not having the chance to concentrate on any part of it I'm getting muddled and upset and jumpy.

You made made good progress, and have a good amount done already. Just make sure you make regular code revisions (take a copy of what you have done before changing things) and you will be fine. I should be able to help more after my last exam next Tuesday - I will make sure you do good enough for an excellent mark :smile:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I stupidly saw my academic mentor before my meeting with my supervisor and won't see her again until after next week's supervision. I've been completely focused on programming (aiming to have it done before the end of this week) and now my supervisor has decided he wants a draft of my report in before next Tuesday. It's just really scattered me. The report exists but there's so much that needs expanding. My second marker thinks I'm brilliant and that my report so far is good (got a mark of 80% in my mid point viva) but my supervisor just terrifies me when he randomly throws out tasks to do. Just nervous that I won't be able to do it. He wants my viva presentation slides the week after too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would send your report as-is - just where you know you need to expand it, put a comment/footnote/etc saying you plan to extend it. That way, you can concentrate on programming and make your supervisor happy (and give them something to look over).

back to square one with the housemate :woo:
i spend an hour cleaning the kitchen in the night, and get no thanks for it, and they cant be arsed cleaning my 1 pan...
i give up, i dont need this ****.

slowly packing up my stuff is pretty scary still, gahhhhhh

I say do what is best for you, and if they complain to you, just say you are busy and walk off. You don't need the trouble they are causing you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rmhumphries
You made made good progress, and have a good amount done already. Just make sure you make regular code revisions (take a copy of what you have done before changing things) and you will be fine. I should be able to help more after my last exam next Tuesday - I will make sure you do good enough for an excellent mark :smile:

I would send your report as-is - just where you know you need to expand it, put a comment/footnote/etc saying you plan to extend it. That way, you can concentrate on programming and make your supervisor happy (and give them something to look over).

That was creepy! I came onto TSR a minute after you quoted me.

Everything is incrementally backed up so if I ruin anything I can bounce back. I'm at a place where I feel like I have something to be happy with (except for those lights but I PM'd you about those) so I just need to tidy up (I think I have unnecessary repetition but all that can easily wait until you're free to pick fault with it/point out major problems.

I'm looking at the report this evening (5 hours at uni/travelling have tired me out) so I'll follow your advice and add in pointers. There's probably a few bits I can type tonight (HCI, usability and testing methods are all areas I can quickly write up) but I'm trying to avoid freaking out over everything.

I just feel drained and pulled all over the place. I would literally be crazy without you.
Original post by rmhumphries
I say do what is best for you, and if they complain to you, just say you are busy and walk off. You don't need the trouble they are causing you.

theres no point in me bending over backwards for them anymore, countless times iv cleaned THERE mess up, yet they dont clean mine up once or twice in a blue moon.
this house is really getting me down now :frown:
urgh, is there something wrong with me? cause when I look at the world it just seems way too ****ed up to me, am I really insane for thinking people should actually care about each other and be nice to each other rather than hating and killing each other over irrelevant **** that shouldn't matter?

:sigh:

I don't even know anymore, just sick of it.
Original post by SciFiRory
urgh, is there something wrong with me? cause when I look at the world it just seems way too ****ed up to me, am I really insane for thinking people should actually care about each other and be nice to each other rather than hating and killing each other over irrelevant **** that shouldn't matter?

:sigh:

I don't even know anymore, just sick of it.

Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you to me; I feel the same a lot of the time! I look at humanity so often and don't understand why people behave the way they do.
At least in this forum, at minimum, you can see that there are plenty of people who do care about each other, are nice to each other and (obviously) support each other. There is always light within the dark, and I hope you will always be able to find refuge somewhere, even if it is on an internet forum :smile: :hugs:

Latest