The Student Room Group

Higher French 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emma_1995
Does anyone have any good phrases/essay for health they would be willing to share as I don't have a sample one of it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you guys mean by learning phrases? :s why not an essay?
Also do they supply you with a dictionary? My dictionary is a mess haha
Reply 162
Does anyone know any insights? What there teachers think it will be or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Trying to come up with a final paragraph for Directed Writing that will basically fit any last bullet point they give us but unsure of how to say:
I met many people in France and will be talking to them through e-mail

I came up with: J'ai rencontré beaucoup de gens en France et serai parle avec eux par e-mail

But not sure if that's right, can anyone tell me if it's right or not?
Reply 164
Original post by Faye__1996

I've personally left it too late to learn essays that I haven't done...damn chemistry. ..but I hope by learning a few adaptable phrases eg general things about health that I can adapt them to something that comes up :smile:

Also do they supply you with a dictionary? My dictionary is a mess haha

In my school they have 'clean' dictionaries that they keep for exams so nobody can cheat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Original post by abbieemcg
Trying to come up with a final paragraph for Directed Writing that will basically fit any last bullet point they give us but unsure of how to say:
I met many people in France and will be talking to them through e-mail

I came up with: J'ai rencontré beaucoup de gens en France et serai parle avec eux par e-mail

But not sure if that's right, can anyone tell me if it's right or not?

You could maybe slip in a conditional by saying you hope to keep in contact with them via email...would work out how to say it but I can't think right now. .grrr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166

Phrases are basically sentences that can be adapted into any essay and are much easier to learn rather than a whole essay. Think about it, if you learn all of your 15 short essays, you're lucky if 2 might appear in the exam tomorrow that you can use. However if you learn phrases you can use all of them in any essay and just slightly change them to suit the context of the question.
Reply 167
You could maybe slip in a conditional by saying you hope to keep in contact with them via email...would work out how to say it but I can't think right now. .grrr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was thinking I could maybe put:

" J'ai rencontre beaucoup de gens en France et je compte rester en contact avec eux par e-mail"

Don't know if that seems better than what I previously said
Reply 168
Original post by Nfergs
Phrases are basically sentences that can be adapted into any essay and are much easier to learn rather than a whole essay. Think about it, if you learn all of your 15 short essays, you're lucky if 2 might appear in the exam tomorrow that you can use. However if you learn phrases you can use all of them in any essay and just slightly change them to suit the context of the question.

Would you be able to provide a few examples if possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've personally left it too late to learn essays that I haven't done...damn chemistry. ..but I hope by learning a few adaptable phrases eg general things about health that I can adapt them to something that comes up :smile:

In my school they have 'clean' dictionaries that they keep for exams so nobody can cheat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your help! And I hope my school des that, except there's hardly any dictionaries which aren't covered in body parts haha, ill just try get there early :smile:
Reply 170
Original post by weejackie10
Would you be able to provide a few examples if possible?

I don't have the time to type up my own phrases although I just found this thread which people might find useful, hope it helps!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=162809
Reply 171
Anyone found any old past papers with marking instructions?
Reply 172
Hey, I am really struggling with how to translate, "...with people who I had only just met." Any ideas?

At the moment I have, "...avec des gens qui j'ai seule juste rencontré."

No need anymore, I've got it now! You have to use 'venir de' in the imperfect form.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 173
For health what sort of topics could come up apart from alcohol healthy eating lifestyle and smoking )?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Can someone tell me a phrase which means "I felt at home there."?

So far I have "Je m'y sentais chez moi."

Edit: Just found it in one of my books and it's apparently "Je m'y sentais comme chez moi."
(edited 10 years ago)
For health what sort of topics could come up apart from alcohol healthy eating lifestyle and smoking )?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just have sport, healthy eating, drugs/alcohol ... I think you're fine :smile:
Reply 176
Original post by Nin_

I think it would be "je m'y suis senti (m) comme chez moi." Although I don't know if you need the 'y' in there. I usually just use "je me suis sentie (f) comme chez moi" - "I felt at home"
Reply 177
Je m'y sentais à l'aise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
Original post by Nin_

Edit: Just found it in one of my books and it's apparently "Je m'y sentais comme chez moi."

Je me sentais à l'aise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it most likely to be healthy eating tomorrow?

Quick Reply