The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by jackf1337
Well I lumped on her at 1.1 XD

Then I shoved more on her at 3.25, about £5

I really need to learn how to use decimal odds lol. What's 3.25 equivalent to in fractions?

You're pella picks looking very good also

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
2.25/1

or 9/4

really not hard
Reply 782
Basically decimals is just your return if you put a quid on. so a quid on at 3.25 returns £3.25. In terms of fractionals its a £2.25 return from a quid sooo 9/4?
Original post by swypeyafc
I really need to learn how to use decimal odds lol. What's 3.25 equivalent to in fractions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically, with decimal odds it gives you an exact figure of your returns. So if the odds are 3.25 and you stake £10, it's a simple sum of 3.25 x 10.

However, to convert this to fractional odds which are representative of a pure figure, it would be 9/4.

This is because 9/4 is 2.25, but you also get your stake back, so you add an integer of 1 which represents the value of your stake (it's always 1).

So 9/4 odds equal on screen odds of 3.25, but your profit equates to 2.25 x your stake.

3.75 = 11/4 and so on.

This is probably not the best way of describing it, but I hope this helps :L
Original post by ..DT..
The Angels are underpriced tonight, they really should beat the dodgers and they're 13/10. As for my over unders:

Miami @ tampa bay O7.5
Yankees @ Mets O6.5
Pitt @ detroit U9

Could you explain the reasoning behind this? The under looks nailed on to me or am I missing something. Also re the LA game, Blanton is pitching (1-7, 6.19 ERA) against Ryu (5-2, 3.30 ERA) that's a pitching mismatch if ever I saw one. Dodgers RL has been on and off my bet slip all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

£5 @ 3.25 returns £16.25 I think, so around 3/1? I'm not good with fractions.

Did you back Pella or Delbonis?
Reply 786
Original post by sebotobes
Basically, with decimal odds it gives you an exact figure of your returns. So if the odds are 3.25 and you stake £10, it's a simple sum of 3.25 x 10.

However, to convert this to fractional odds which are representative of a pure figure, it would be 9/4.

This is because 9/4 is 2.25, but you also get your stake back, so you add an integer of 1 which represents the value of your stake (it's always 1).

So 9/4 odds equal on screen odds of 3.25, but your profit equates to 2.25 x your stake.

3.75 = 11/4 and so on.

This is probably not the best way of describing it, but I hope this helps :L

Thanks for clearing that up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
£5 @ 3.25 returns £16.25 I think, so around 3/1? I'm not good with fractions.

Did you back Pella or Delbonis?

Unfortunately not mate. Did delbonis win?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unfortunately not mate. Did delbonis win?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Delbonis won 3-1. Wasn't expecting such a good win, especially after losing the first set. Really hope Pella wins. Love that guy.

-

Currently on Zeballos to win set 1. 4-2 up in the tie breaker.
Reply 789
How often do baseball and basketball teams have games? Miami heat and Pacers are playing again tonight after only 2 days and in the baseball some of the games that were on last night are on again tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Yeah Delbonis won 3-1. Wasn't expecting such a good win, especially after losing the first set. Really hope Pella wins. Love that guy.

-

Did you have singles on them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Could you explain the reasoning behind this? The under looks nailed on to me or am I missing something. Also re the LA game, Blanton is pitching (1-7, 6.19 ERA) against Ryu (5-2, 3.30 ERA) that's a pitching mismatch if ever I saw one. Dodgers RL has been on and off my bet slip all day.

Kuroda took a tanking in his last outing. Admittedly the mets don't have the same attack as the Orioles but I still anticipate them scoring 3 runs over the 9 against kuroda and the yankees pen. As for Harvey he's been letting a little slip week after week. People are starting to get an eye for him now. Despite injuries they Yankees are somewhat hitting well as well and the mets pen stinks so if they get harvey out the game i see them scoring 4-5 runs. Even if they score 3 and the mets score 3 overtime takes it over.

As for the Angels, its going to be a shootout. I mean it would be acceptable to take the over on the run line instead but over the distance, with a pen thats finding a bit of form I love the angels at a price like this today. Trout is just a run machine, Trumbo, Pujols, Hamilton are all hitting as well. They put up 7+ runs tonight, I don't see the dodgers keeping up.

For some reason I overlook the Jays and the Braves, talk about decimating a run line o.O
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 792
How often do baseball and basketball teams have games? Miami heat and Pacers are playing again tonight after only 2 days and in the baseball some of the games that were on last night are on again tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Baseball teams play in series', so they play the same team 2/3/4 times in a row. These are usually all back to back then they have an 'off day' occasionally in between where they dont play.
How much did you's win on that then? Only £10 to £15.65 for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

£9 from £3, and it finished another of my Accs, which was £15 profit :smile:

-

Pella... got to love the guy! struggling so bad to start, yet now winning! -

You may yet save my day! :biggrin:

(not that its been that bad.. but im down a little at the moment thanks to Mayer loosing to Istomin... should have been an easy win, but he was injured and had to retire :frown: - feels quite hard done by.. Id love it if they voided the result if the player retires.. as my other 4 games of that Acc, came in.. :frown: )
Reply 795
Miami heat vs Pacers over 185 anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my last few days so far:

Casually put £5 in my account to bet on the CL final..

By sunday up to: £65

Cash out £55,

By sunday evening: £35

By monday evening: £65

Cash out £30,

Currently: £9 in money and these open bets:

Verdasco(straight) - Tispaveric - Wawrinka(straight) (worth £35)

Delbonis(won) - Pella(going into 5th set...) (worth £17)

Kirilenko - Azarenka - Kvitova -- all tommorow -- Djok(winning easily atm) Wawrinka(winning easily atm)
Worth £90

Eeeek.

Really want to continue the great run.. if things go to plan, id love to end up on around £35 by tonight.. - and then have the big bet to *hopefully* come through tommorow morning, when the women play..
Cmon pella!!! youve done so well! just finish off the game!
Betting is never profitable in the long term.
Did you have singles on them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Singles on each and a double.

Original post by fallen_acorns
Pella... got to love the guy! struggling so bad to start, yet now winning! -

You may yet save my day! :biggrin:

(not that its been that bad.. but im down a little at the moment thanks to Mayer loosing to Istomin... should have been an easy win, but he was injured and had to retire :frown: - feels quite hard done by.. Id love it if they voided the result if the player retires.. as my other 4 games of that Acc, came in.. :frown: )

I hope I can be of service!

So Mayer was a loss and not a void then?

Quick Reply

Latest