The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phil Neville not on I am hearing as he could be next efc manager
Rene usually gets the most credit of the back-room staff. Tbh, I'm not in a position to judge his credentials, or to have a credible opinion on him leaving.

It's on.

It's not really, but i wish it was.
Reply 4623
Football Stats Live® ‏@SocaStats 8m
Sir Alex, Ryan Giggs & David Moyes will meet in a hotel to discuss a major summer signing tomorrow.

Sounds like the football mafia haha.
Original post by Akkuz
Football Stats Live® ‏@SocaStats 8m
Sir Alex, Ryan Giggs & David Moyes will meet in a hotel to discuss a major summer signing tomorrow.

Sounds like the football mafia haha.

Giggs to join the coaching staff as player/coach for a season then? hope he does tbh, can't imagine a better guy to have involved, for Moyes he is the perfect guy to get in the good books of as well, if he gets Giggsy on side then the rest of the lads should follow as he's the most experienced guy there.

hopefully a good signing if true as well!
BaleBaleBaleBaleBale
Thiago will be persuaded by the Mighty Moysie. I hope Big Dave is telling Thiago that he'll pretty much start every league and CL game next to Carrick.
Reply 4627
Falcao going to monaco and their recent mega buck signings might evoke a response by PSG for Rooney, this is bad news unless Bale wants to come United. The fact that Giggs is getting involved in transfers does make you believe that Bale could be the mega signing of the summer. If Bale comes to United and produces the same form as he did at spurs he will become an instant superstar all over the world his name will be known everywhere like Ronaldo/Messi/Rooney in a couple of years but if he goes Madrid he will always be in CR7 shadow. We have created some of the biggest superstars in football to allow them players to make big bucks.

Doesn't that picture scare you a little apparently yesterday Barca and United officals met, sources biased to Madrid have been saying its for Thiago but sources biased to Barca have been saying its for De Gea or Fabregas, thing is if its for Thiago then why are we meeting up as long as we meet the clause its just Thiago's decision, and I don't see Cesc coming to OT. By the way Thiago played the last game for barca and was brilliant, literally he seems like a mould between Giggs and Scholes in one he's amazing dunno why tito doesn't rate him like pep did, and if he comes him it might make de gea stay for ages. Thiago, Jones and Kagawa in midfield in 2-3 years would be some midfield.

Edit : Thiago: "Exit rumours? After the U21 European championships, we will see how things stand."
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4628
“As I live my life, I am very happy. I really enjoy being at Barcelona because my experiences have been very good,” Thiago reflected to reporters today.

“My future? We’ll see how things are after the European Championships.

“David de Gea wants me at United? Each player wants what is best for their team. Like I say that hopefully he will come to Barca, he says the same about me.

“I think it is not something to take too seriously.

“De Gea in for Valdes then? As I have said, you never want a player of Valdes’ stature to leave, he is the best goalkeeper in the history of Barcelona, he has given us so many titles here that it is well worth him staying, but it is his desire and it must be respected.”

The midfielder was asked of La Rojita’s mix of players heading out to defend the European Championship title this summer, with some struggling for playing time at their clubs.

“Of the 23 that we have here, a high percentage are starters at their clubs, whilst others have looked to do well when given their opportunities, despite the rhythm of games.

“We have been together for a while now, though, and in the end it is football, it is inherent and we all want to do well.”

Full interview
As if giggs would meet up for signings, hasn't bale said he will be signing a new contract?
Original post by retirement
As if giggs would meet up for signings, hasn't bale said he will be signing a new contract?

SAF asked Scholes + Giggs their thoughts about signing RvP before it happened, something like that, such is the importance of the senior players behind the scenes and how they think the players will react. Now SAF has gone, Giggs taking a slightly more pro-active rather than reactive involvement with potential signings wouldn't be too surprising.
Ronaldo's been offered a three year extension that will make him the best paid player in the world if he signs it.
Reply 4632
Of course he'll sign it. He won't return to United anytime soon, given that SAF has left and Barca have stumbled a little.
I don't know we're llinked with big names every season and end uup doing nowt. Ozil for example all summer to no avail and then hazard
I don't know we're llinked with big names every season and end uup doing nowt. Ozil for example all summer to no avail and then hazard

you should see what its like for an arsenal fan :sad:
Reply 4636
Madrid will not let Ronaldo go, he is the only reason they were able to attract big players and names, Kaka and Benzema the other 2 galacticos have been a failure, but for Ronaldo his time at RM has been depressing, he's gone from arguably the best player in the world to most people the 2nd best player in the world, has won only 1 reasonable trophy and hasn't been fully appreciated.
Reply 4637
Original post by rohitbd
Madrid will not let Ronaldo go, he is the only reason they were able to attract big players and names, Kaka and Benzema the other 2 galacticos have been a failure, but for Ronaldo his time at RM has been depressing, he's gone from arguably the best player in the world to most people the 2nd best player in the world, has won only 1 reasonable trophy and hasn't been fully appreciated.

That's not his fault. He's vastly improved since he left us in 2009. It's just unfortunate for him to be playing in the same time as Messi, otherwise he would have been the no. 1 best.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4638
Original post by qasidb
That's not his fault. He's vastly improved since he left us in 2009. It's just unfortunate for him to be playing in the same time as Messi, otherwise he would have been the no. 1 best.

Yeah but Messi isn't that much better than CR7, but the press and fifa love him but hate CR7 and therefore exaggerate the gap between the two, how he won the ballon d'or in 2010 when he didn't even score in the world cup or win the CL is beyond me and just proof of this.
Original post by rohitbd
Yeah but Messi isn't that much better than CR7, but the press and fifa love him but hate CR7 and therefore exaggerate the gap between the two, how he won the ballon d'or in 2010 when he didn't even score in the world cup or win the CL is beyond me and just proof of this.

He won the ballon d'or in 2010 because he was the best player in 2010. Simple as that.

Latest