The Student Room Group

Higher French 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
What does everyone do first in the reading/dw paper? I personally do the reading but was wondering if anyone did the latter first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always do the reading first and spend one hour on it, then I do the DW.
I hope it is bonne sante and healthy eating, the text of it is simple. It's when they do things like the environment etc. ugh, any guesses on what it could be?
Original post by weezygemmell
I hope it is bonne sante and healthy eating, the text of it is simple. It's when they do things like the environment etc. ugh, any guesses on what it could be?

I really hope that it is about that too since it has not come up in a while...no idea really though!
Reply 184
Could someone tell me if it is okay to use 'Je voudrais' in this context instead of 'J'aimerais' ?

"Je voudrais vivre a Paris pour etudier le dessin"

I used ' J'aimerais' earlier on in the paragraph and don't want to use it twice so would it be okay to use this instead?
Aw man, I am so tired and I still have so much to do -_-.
Original post by xoJennyox
Aw man, I am so tired and I still have so much to do -_-.

Same -.- it's quite an easy higher if you remember it all, trouble is I haven't tried to remember it until now! :/
Reply 187
Original post by abbieemcg
Could someone tell me if it is okay to use 'Je voudrais' in this context instead of 'J'aimerais' ?

"Je voudrais vivre a Paris pour etudier le dessin"

I used ' J'aimerais' earlier on in the paragraph and don't want to use it twice so would it be okay to use this instead?

yahh you can use either!
Original post by xoJennyox
I really hope that it is about that too since it has not come up in a while...no idea really though!

i wish i was back in intermediate 2 and you knew the essay before the exam. ugh, i hate french. All i've done tonight is try and do essays but i have no teacher to mark them, sotheres naaae point. :frown:
Any ideas for the short writing/personal responce?
Original post by agamemnon1990

fingers are crossed for free time and health living! they have not come up in a while
Reply 191
Would it be "J'ai beaucoup profité de mon séjour en France" or "J'ai profité beaucoup de mon séjour en France"?

Obviously I could just leave the 'beaucoup' out to prevent the confusion but I just wanted to check what would be correct.
Reply 192
Original post by Nin_
Would it be "J'ai beaucoup profité de mon séjour en France" or "J'ai profité beaucoup de mon séjour en France"?

Obviously I could just leave the 'beaucoup' out to prevent the confusion but I just wanted to check what would be correct.

I'm not sure to be honest but if I was writing it I would write:

"J'ai profité de mon séjour en France beaucoup"

But I don't know whether or not that is right either, that's just what I would write
Reply 193
Original post by Nin_

I have a sentence where I say "J'ai beaucoup appris sur la culture blah blah" and I'm pretty sure this is correct, so I guess your sentence would be similar? i.e. "J'ai beaucoup profité"
Original post by agamemnon1990

I'm thinking it will be on health/sport or countries/towns etc.
Good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 195
Is there topics you's have completely disregarded? I've not even looked at role of women, friends, family relations or tourism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weejackie10
Is there topics you's have completely disregarded? I've not even looked at role of women, friends, family relations or tourism

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither ... Or living in Scotland, but I guess that could just be town, also we haven't covered technology
Reply 197
Technology won't come up because so many schools don't do it according to our teacher. Any directed writing thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Anyone know where I can find a sample essay on health?
Hi everyone,

Just discovered this thread! :tongue:

Anyway, I am feeling pretty much the same as everyone else, nervous about the essay topics but finding it hard to d oany more revision. Just hoping for the best!

As for the word count - my teachers both said that it doesn't matter if you go over the word count. They don't penalise you apparently for it, as long as you aren't excessively over but mainly they will penalise you (pretty sure this is mentioned in the marking scheme somewhere) if it is under the limit.
I really hope so because I usually do well in essays and are normally about a page and a half (A4).

Good luck to you all! Hope we'll all be discussing how easy the exam went tomorrow! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending