The Student Room Group

D2 6th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Hamburglar
Could you please screenshot the mark scheme or something? I can't really identify what you mean by zero.

If you're referring to the stages then, I don't think it matters what you call them really. You could arbitrarily call them 0-4 as you could 1-5 I believe. I also think they allow you to do the stages in whichever order (5-1 or 1-5).

It's the D2 mock paper try the dynamic programming questions in march they don't put a zero in storage or is it just me?
Smith
Reply 81
Original post by smith50
It's the D2 mock paper try the dynamic programming questions in march they don't put a zero in storage or is it just me?
Smith

Still not sure what paper you're referring to, sorry. :s I checked the specimen paper, and it doesn't look like it is that one.
Reply 82
Quick question if anyone can answer: is a lot of emphasis placed on stage numbering?

What I want to know is whether you are actually meant to give stage numbers forwards (1 to 4) or backwards (4 to 1).

Also, sometimes they have a stage 0 on mark schemes? What gives?

Thanks.
Reply 83
Original post by smith50
Smith

If you look at February, there are no 0s in the destination column therefore you do not need to work out the 0 state for March as it will definitely not be used in your answer. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by mathswiz:)
If you look at February, there are no 0s in the destination column therefore you do not need to work out the 0 state for March as it will definitely not be used in your answer. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi have you tried the flows question in this paper i get 86 instead of 85 did you get the same?
Smith
Reply 85
Original post by smith50
Hi have you tried the flows question in this paper i get 86 instead of 85 did you get the same?
Smith

I got 85, which routes have you used?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
i got 85, which routes have you used?

posted from tsr mobile

saceht-9
sabeht-2
sbeht-4
sbecdht-12
sbecfht-7
Reply 87
Original post by smith50
saceht-9
sabeht-2
sbeht-4
sbecdht-12
sbecfht-7

Just gone through that and I can't see where you are getting the route sbecd(f?)ht -12 from. I get 7 for that route :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Just gone through that and I can't see where you are getting the route sbecd(f?)ht -12 from. I get 7 for that route :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you post your working i really don't get it?:confused:
Thanks,
Smith
Reply 89
Original post by smith50
Could you post your working i really don't get it?:confused:
Thanks,
Smith

Hopefully its attached, I havn't tried sending things before :tongue: This question is page 10. hope it helps :smile:
Reply 90
Hopefully its attached, I havn't tried sending things before :tongue: This question is page 10. hope it helps :smile:

legend:smile: did you do the dynamic programming question to could you post that aswell please:biggrin:
You've been a great help
Thanks,
Smith
Reply 91
Original post by smith50
legend:smile: did you do the dynamic programming question to could you post that aswell please:biggrin:
You've been a great help
Thanks,
Smith

Glad i could help :biggrin: I have done the dynamic programming question but the file is too big :frown:
How do you work out the value of the game?
Reply 93
Original post by knowledgecorruptz
How do you work out the value of the game?

Put your value of p into one of your 2 equations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Put your value of p into one of your 2 equations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sorry, I meant for three equations?
Reply 95

What do you mean by 3 equations? You use the either of the two equations of the lines which intersect on your graph.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96

If you mean 3 equations as in a linear programming problem, then you have to solve the linear programming problem using simplex tableaux.

Then, you can read off a value of P from the table, and you have to bear in mind that initially, you will probably have added numbers to each element so you have to subtract this.

At first you may have said, let v = value of the game to player A. Then add 5 to each element.

Therefore, V = v+5 (since you added 5 to make every element positive).

Since P=V, you read your value of P from the tableaux, subtract 5 and then you'll have the value of the game to A.
What do you mean by 3 equations? You use the either of the two equations of the lines which intersect on your graph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that but it doesn't work.

Intersection is between 2p + 3 and 4 - p

So p = 1/3

So surely that value would be 3 and 2/3?

But the mark scheme says it should just be 3.

It's the specimen paper, btw.
Reply 98
I did that but it doesn't work.

Intersection is between 2p + 3 and 4 - p

So p = 1/3

So surely that value would be 3 and 2/3?

But the mark scheme says it should just be 3.

It's the specimen paper, btw.

Had a look and I'd say the mark scheme is wrong, theres quite a few mistakes on the mock and practise papers as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a look and I'd say the mark scheme is wrong, theres quite a few mistakes on the mock and practise papers as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right, haha. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending