The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by octoberbaby
Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you to me; I feel the same a lot of the time! I look at humanity so often and don't understand why people behave the way they do.
At least in this forum, at minimum, you can see that there are plenty of people who do care about each other, are nice to each other and (obviously) support each other. There is always light within the dark, and I hope you will always be able to find refuge somewhere, even if it is on an internet forum :smile: :hugs:

hes insane secretly :tongue:

he must be to put up with me :wink:
Original post by SciFiRory
urgh, is there something wrong with me? cause when I look at the world it just seems way too ****ed up to me, am I really insane for thinking people should actually care about each other and be nice to each other rather than hating and killing each other over irrelevant **** that shouldn't matter?

:sigh:

I don't even know anymore, just sick of it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you! What's wrong is the world but lucky for it it has people like you in it who actually care about human decency and stop the world from turning to utter ****. :hugs:
Stick to your principals and you'll find that not everybody in this world is a complete ****. A lot of the world sucks but look out for the silver linings- they are there I promise. Case in point: people have depression= bad BUT they formed support groups and help each other and care about each other unconditionally and despite not actually knowing each other= silver lining :fluffy:
Original post by PonchoKid

oh shush you; you seem lovely too :smile:
Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you to me; I feel the same a lot of the time! I look at humanity so often and don't understand why people behave the way they do.
At least in this forum, at minimum, you can see that there are plenty of people who do care about each other, are nice to each other and (obviously) support each other. There is always light within the dark, and I hope you will always be able to find refuge somewhere, even if it is on an internet forum :smile: :hugs:

it's really depressing and frustrating, I watch the news and it just makes me wonder how people are so ****ed up :frown: I meet so many amazing people on here and IRL, I just hate the fact that people like that seem to be in the minority and it's the people who are awful who seem to run everything! still like the idea of some island somewhere to live where everything is perfect and it's just nice people haha, I can dream I suppose :sad:

I dunno, I might be :tongue:

I don't put up with you, quite the opposite, I dunno what I would do without you :lovehug:
oh shush you; you seem lovely too :smile:

what waking him up after hes had 2 hours sleep to tell him to watch me till im safely asleep cos i was having a really bad night, then waking up at 5 am to tell him he can go to sleep makes me a loverly person :ninja:

[QUOTE=SciFiRory;42848168I dunno, I might be :p

I don't put up with you, quite the opposite, I dunno what I would do without you :lovehug:

your only insane if you admit you actually love our cat and youll never be mean to her again :tongue:

you do put up with me :tongue:
Feeling a total crisis of identity coming up. I just don't know what's what anymore! :dong:
it's really depressing and frustrating, I watch the news and it just makes me wonder how people are so ****ed up :frown: I meet so many amazing people on here and IRL, I just hate the fact that people like that seem to be in the minority and it's the people who are awful who seem to run everything! still like the idea of some island somewhere to live where everything is perfect and it's just nice people haha, I can dream I suppose :sad:

I know but just try to remember that the people on the news are usually a small minority :smile: That island sounds amazing though, if you find it do you think I could come?

what waking him up after hes had 2 hours sleep to tell him to watch me till im safely asleep cos i was having a really bad night, then waking up at 5 am to tell him he can go to sleep makes me a loverly person :ninja:

Just sounds like you have an important and helpful friendship tbh, not that your a bad person, but i guess i wouldn't use it as proof of you being lovely :P
May I ask how you to know each other? :smile:
Just sounds like you have an important and helpful friendship tbh, not that your a bad person, but i guess i wouldn't use it as proof of you being lovely :P
May I ask how you to know each other? :smile:

more than a friendship, hes stuck with me :tongue:
we know each other from here, met up, and well the rest is history as they say :h:
Ahh I see :3 that's sweet.
So I've been doing well recently :biggrin: This depressive episode is lifting and I don't feel so bad anymore and I have much less anxiety. AND my mental health team has finally got round to offering me an appointment soon :biggrin:
Original post by Kindred
There's absolutely nothing wrong with you! What's wrong is the world but lucky for it it has people like you in it who actually care about human decency and stop the world from turning to utter ****. :hugs:
Stick to your principals and you'll find that not everybody in this world is a complete ****. A lot of the world sucks but look out for the silver linings- they are there I promise. Case in point: people have depression= bad BUT they formed support groups and help each other and care about each other unconditionally and despite not actually knowing each other= silver lining :fluffy:

I dunno, most people don't seem to care or actually seem to like things being like this :s-smilie:

I know there are good people, I just wish there were more of them and they were the ones who had a say in how the world works and stuff I guess, I try to find positives, can be hard sometimes though, I just get in a bit of a funk I guess :frown:

your only insane if you admit you actually love our cat and youll never be mean to her again :tongue:

you do put up with me :tongue:

bah :tongue:

nope :smile:

I know but just try to remember that the people on the news are usually a small minority :smile: That island sounds amazing though, if you find it do you think I could come?

I spose, they seem to have a lot of power though :/ haha, yeah it would be, sure, you seem nice enough :smile:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
So I've been doing well recently :biggrin: This depressive episode is lifting and I don't feel so bad anymore and I have much less anxiety. AND my mental health team has finally got round to offering me an appointment soon :biggrin:

Sounds great :biggrin:
Sounds great :biggrin:

Yeah, I feel a lot better, still not brilliant but no longer in a really severe episode. Although I feel anxious tonight not sure why. But still not as bad as I have been so it's a huge improvement.

I feel like such an idiot for refusing antidepressants for almost 3 years and dealing with this alone :facepalm:
Been a really weird day. Felt quite restless and like I don't know what to do with myself, and VERY up/down
Bumped into someone who knew me when I was with my ex today, and she asked me all the usual awkward questions about if we're still together / if I still see him and then just when we were saying good bye she commented "you two always were such a lovely couple; it's a real shame you broke up"
Was an emotionally abusive relationship + I was extremely dependent on him for all of the two years we were together . Been feeling fairly relapsey (can you have a relapse for a relationship?) recently anyway and it was not helpful.
I've been debating emailing him to see how he was for two weeks and now I'm even more tempted. I could really do with someone telling me how stupid an idea this is.
I know that if I do he either won't reply, will reply but telling me to leave him alone; or will reply asking to meet up: ALL OF WHICH I KNOW WOULD BE A BAD IDEA BUT I STILL WANT TO EMAIL HIM.
Been a really weird day. Felt quite restless and like I don't know what to do with myself, and VERY up/down
Bumped into someone who knew me when I was with my ex today, and she asked me all the usual awkward questions about if we're still together / if I still see him and then just when we were saying good bye she commented "you two always were such a lovely couple; it's a real shame you broke up"
Was an emotionally abusive relationship + I was extremely dependent on him for all of the two years we were together . Been feeling fairly relapsey (can you have a relapse for a relationship?) recently anyway and it was not helpful.
I've been debating emailing him to see how he was for two weeks and now I'm even more tempted. I could really do with someone telling me how stupid an idea this is.
I know that if I do he either won't reply, will reply but telling me to leave him alone; or will reply asking to meet up: ALL OF WHICH I KNOW WOULD BE A BAD IDEA BUT I STILL WANT TO EMAIL HIM.

From someone who's been in one of those: IT'S A BAD IDEA.

I'm going for a bit but I'll be back soon if you want to talk :console:
Yeah, I feel a lot better, still not brilliant but no longer in a really severe episode. Although I feel anxious tonight not sure why. But still not as bad as I have been so it's a huge improvement.

I feel like such an idiot for refusing antidepressants for almost 3 years and dealing with this alone :facepalm:

Eep that makes me feel a bit bad because I've been depressed for about six years, and I've tried anti depressants for about six months but didn't feel any effect, talked about changing what I was on + I gave up.
I kinda 'know' that I need to keep trying with different medication and methods but (as seen in my previous post) I am good at knowing what is good for me, but awful at doing it.
I'm sure once I do I'll feel stupid for refusing help but I'm kinda stuck in this "I'm beyond help" mentality which my last attempt at getting help only strengthened.
I dunno, most people don't seem to care or actually seem to like things being like this :s-smilie:

I know there are good people, I just wish there were more of them and they were the ones who had a say in how the world works and stuff I guess, I try to find positives, can be hard sometimes though, I just get in a bit of a funk I guess :frown:

I get like that a lot. I try to remember that the news and media mostly shows the bad in life and things are actually better than they're made out to be. It still sucks **** but it helps a little. :hugs:

Yay! :awesome: :woo: :yeah:

From someone who has been in an emotionally abusive/manipulative relationship and is also pretty damn relapsey (you can totally relapse on stuff like this :yes: ): PLEASE DON'T DO IT! :jumpghug: By all means write an email but just DON'T send it. You don't need people like that back in your life anymore :no:

Original post by Deyesy
Apparently I'm over-attaching because I was posting the days to go to therapy over the past week on my twitter and you know how worried and anxious I get about attaching too much to people :/ The only way my head knows how to deal with over-attaching is isolation, so I'm currently trying to stop myself from doing exactly that :/

Normally I feel okay after it but like I just said asdfgah she thinks I'm starting to over-rely and over-attach to her - Both things I feel incredibly uneasy about.

Oh wow, so she brought it up but had NOTHING helpful/constructive to say?!?! What a bitch :s-smilie: If you haven't seen her in six weeks, then of course you're gonna be counting down! What a muppet.

I agree with asdfgah though: you should keep going. I'd say, if you can, that you should ask her what to do about (over-)attaching to people, especially if you think you've put the bullying to rest a bit (well done! That can't have been easy) :hugs:

Original post by asdfgah

Exam went well this afternoon. Think I wrote three pretty solid essays. 21 pages of A4 :h: (and that was all actually to the point, no rambling required).

21 pages of A4?!??!! ****ing hell! :eek4: You are a ROCK STAR! :cool:

urgh, is there something wrong with me? cause when I look at the world it just seems way too ****ed up to me, am I really insane for thinking people should actually care about each other and be nice to each other rather than hating and killing each other over irrelevant **** that shouldn't matter?

:sigh:

I don't even know anymore, just sick of it.

Nothing wrong with your outlook on how the world should be, hun. Unfortunately a LOT is wrong with this world :sadnod:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yay! :awesome: :woo: :yeah:

:biggrin:

Also seen earlier you wrote you're getting your first tattoo soon? I'm also doing this, wanted to say congrats and tattoo virgin solidarity fist bump! :cool:
:biggrin:

Also seen earlier you wrote you're getting your first tattoo soon? I'm also doing this, wanted to say congrats and tattoo virgin solidarity fist bump! :cool:

I dunno if I can do it anymore: they said it'll take 4 hours and cost between £350-450! :eek2: Thinking of getting it done without the writing, to see if it can be a bit smaller/more hidden, and thus less expensive :ninja:

Tattoo virgin solidarity ftw! :awesome:

Latest