The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
LOOL you joker! I start A2 in2 weeks >.< not planning on buying anything though :P

pfft, I started A2 in February :colone:
Reply 4161
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I have no idea what I was doing :s-smilie: ugh, at least I won't make the mistake again.. and yeah, I meant 2 weeks as well, forgot it was half term :tongue:

LOOL, its cool I don't even use my books etc, all my books have been in my locker or borrowed by friends, yeah it doesn't really make a difference as we're on study leave, ready for A2 maths?

Original post by DJMayes
I probably would (I like most! :tongue: ) but I've been out all day so haven't seen it.

haha Felix covered me :smile: he seems to be getting there before everyone :wink:

Original post by justinawe
pfft, I started A2 in February :colone:

someones keen :wink: I think concentrating on AS was challenging enough for me! Pretty cool
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
LOOL, its cool I don't even use my books etc, all my books have been in my locker or borrowed by friends, yeah it doesn't really make a difference as we're on study leave, ready for A2 maths?

haha wish I was like you, I'm forever visiting my locker because my teachers are. well they like making sure we have all our stuff for lessons.. started leaving my S1 textbook and chem folder at home towards the end of the courses though :sexface:

and I'm as ready as I'll ever be, not sure what to think yet. what about you?
Original post by DJMayes
There don't seem to be many questions being thrown about tonight. Here's one for you all:

Spoiler

Not sure I'm right, so I haven't drawn a conclusion yet!

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4164
haha wish I was like you, I'm forever visiting my locker because my teachers are. well they like making sure we have all our stuff for lessons.. started leaving my S1 textbook and chem folder at home towards the end of the courses though :sexface:

and I'm as ready as I'll ever be, not sure what to think yet. what about you?

You know, every year I get a locker, one of my friends gets unlucky so either has no locker or a badly placed locker, so I end up sharing it haha! In the end I hardly use it (half my books just stay in there, no worries about losing them eh?)
My c1 & c2 book have been in there since our courses finished as we didn't use 'em in class lols
Not doing any prep, just gonna get into it, trying to attempt some of the questions on here should be 'brain training' anyways
Original post by tigerz
someones keen :wink: I think concentrating on AS was challenging enough for me! Pretty cool

I finish in January (international students who finish in Jan can have Jan exams), so I had to start some A2 early :dontknow:
Original post by tigerz

haha Felix covered me :smile: he seems to be getting there before everyone :wink:

Is the solution πr2v \frac{\pi r}{2v} ?

Original post by Robbie242
Not sure I'm right, so I haven't drawn a conclusion yet!

Spoiler

I don't think this is quite true - x is the sum of two square numbers, not necessarily square itself - 2x is then the sum of four square numbers.
Reply 4167
I finish in January (international students who finish in Jan can have Jan exams), so I had to start some A2 early :dontknow:

Ahh I see, yeah I guess so, i'm planning on doing A2 revision in the Autumn half term :smile: How were your exams? (I already know the maths results :wink:) Its so cool knowing international people :h: I'm intrigued by many things
Original post by tigerz
You know, every year I get a locker, one of my friends gets unlucky so either has no locker or a badly placed locker, so I end up sharing it haha! In the end I hardly use it (half my books just stay in there, no worries about losing them eh?)
My c1 & c2 book have been in there since our courses finished as we didn't use 'em in class lols
Not doing any prep, just gonna get into it, trying to attempt some of the questions on here should be 'brain training' anyways

hahaha I know those kinds of situations :tongue: the unlucky friend :') very nice of you though :smile:
ahh, we actually never used our c1 and 2 textbooks in class at all, so I just realised I never actually needed it :eek:
do you mean questions on this thread or past paper questions? I think I may have to join you as well :biggrin:
Reply 4169
Original post by DJMayes

I don't think this is quite true - x is the sum of two square numbers, not necessarily square itself - 2x is then the sum of four square numbers.

Yup, but you can take it one step further and conclude :smile: that was quick jheeze, I still need to finish chem, i'll start your question shortly :smile:

hahaha I know those kinds of situations :tongue: the unlucky friend :') very nice of you though :smile:
ahh, we actually never used our c1 and 2 textbooks in class at all, so I just realised I never actually needed it :eek:
do you mean questions on this thread or past paper questions? I think I may have to join you as well :biggrin:

The funny thing is it happened twice last year in my old school, and then in collegel I made a new 'unlucky friend!'
Ahh nah we used to do exercises from it all the time, the questions on this thread! They make you think....a lot! haha
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DJMayes

Spoiler

Original post by tigerz
Ahh I see, yeah I guess so, i'm planning on doing A2 revision in the Autumn half term :smile: How were your exams? (I already know the maths results :wink:) Its so cool knowing international people :h: I'm intrigued by many things

I've only had 2 exams and a practical so far... 7 of my 8 exams are A2, and the only one AS I was just retaking for fun :tongue: I pretty much finished my AS this January - I finished Maths and Econ AS and finished Physics AS aside from the practical. Only leaving FM AS, which I'll finish now as well as Maths A2 :colone:

So far they've gone alright though. I made one silly mistake in S2 though, I think my streak of no half-arsed bull**** UMS might come to an end! :eek:
Reply 4172
I've only had 2 exams and a practical so far... 7 of my 8 exams are A2, and the only one AS I was just retaking for fun :tongue: I pretty much finished my AS this January - I finished Maths and Econ AS and finished Physics AS aside from the practical. Only leaving FM AS, which I'll finish now as well as Maths A2 :colone:

So far they've gone alright though. I made one silly mistake in S2 though, I think my streak of no half-arsed bull**** UMS might come to an end! :eek:

LOOL you crazy person! I had no idea you did Econ! :five: Your murdering these exams, they aint got nothing on you!
Ahh thats good, hmm its cool you may get lucky! Your UMS scores will never be tainted by 1 half-arsed bull**** score, its fine, i'll think of an excuse :wink:
Its good to have the maths together :')
Original post by tigerz
Yup, but you can take it one step further and conclude :smile: that was quick jheeze, I still need to finish chem, i'll start your question shortly :smile:

My solution (Pretty much calculus free!):

Spoiler

Spoiler

You could. And no, I don't think your n=1 working is correct.
Original post by DJMayes
You could. And no, I don't think your n=1 working is correct.

Spoiler

Reply 4176
Original post by DJMayes
My solution (Pretty much calculus free!):

Spoiler

Awesome, I saw 2 ways of solving it but this is entirely different, i'm gonna start your question now, but first I gotta get rid of these hiccups lol and if the fox has a factor of π/21.5 \pi/2 \approx 1.5 times slower :wink:
The fox has completed half a circle of half the radius when the rabbit has completed a quarter of the full circle!
Original post by tigerz

The funny thing is it happened twice last year in my old school, and then in collegel I made a new 'unlucky friend!'
Ahh nah we used to do exercises from it all the time, the questions on this thread! They make you think....a lot! haha

haha, that's so bad :tongue: if anything I'm someone else's unlucky friend, just know I've been through a lot of embarassment this year :tongue:
ah right, fair enough, we never :tongue: they really do, I just wish I could actually understand some of it, and use latex
Reply 4178
haha, that's so bad :tongue: if anything I'm someone else's unlucky friend, just know I've been through a lot of embarassment this year :tongue:
ah right, fair enough, we never :tongue: they really do, I just wish I could actually understand some of it, and use latex

LOOL, I don't need 'em, makes my bag heavier ^_^ Meh I always act embarrassing, used to it now!
I don't understand half of them, but there's to occasional solvable one (which takes me half a day!), Its not too difficult, I learn't how to use LaTeX like 10 days ago!
just use this website :wink: after a while you remember the shortcuts http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

Spoiler

I'm sorry, if I told you that (At least my way of doing it) it makes the entire question trivial. However, you might find that trying it out with some values of x may give you a feel for the question.

(Also, don't spend too much time on it; it's not really appropriate to A Level (Although I can assure you you know all the knowledge required to do it) and I wouldn't want it to get in the way of any important revision etc.)

Latest

Trending

Trending