The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
Wopps I need to quote in >.< thank you

haha, no problem at all :smile:
Original post by justinawe
You should use it on \lim (for limits).

You can use it fractions (\frac), but you achieve the same thing by typing in "\dfrac" instead, which is a lot easier to do.

ah right, thank you, I'll try to remember that. May need to create a latex factsheet :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
couldn't work that bit :s-smilie:

I'll give an example.
[\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}] yields [ln(keron)kinara][\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}]
and \left[\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}\right] yields [ln(keron)kinara]\left[\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}\right]
Original post by reubenkinara
I'll give an example.
[\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}] yields [ln(keron)kinara][\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}]
and \left[\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}\right] yields [ln(keron)kinara]\left[\dfrac{ln(keron)}{kinara}\right]

oh alright, I'll try that now thanks
Original post by DJMayes
Here's a problem I posted a while back that hasn't yet been solved.

Is this okay, or am I somewhere along the right lines:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DJMayes
Here's a problem I posted a while back that hasn't yet been solved.

I just want to ask whether something I'm about to type is possible to model/solve using A level knowledge. I try not to post questions I can't do, so if you tell me "yes, it's in M4" for example, I can put it away to solve then.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by brittanna
Is this okay, or am I somewhere along the right lines:

Spoiler

Looks good to me. The only thing I would suggest is a change of the base step, as this is a result for all values of x that can be written as the sum of two squares, not simply 5. Your logic is fine though for the general induction.
Hi, I'm retaking M2 (MEI) and need to get at least a C in it but i am really struggling. If anyone thinks they would be able to explain moments, impulses, frameworks or work/power then please let me know. I need to get a B overall in Further Maths to get into my firm choice uni and its this module that is gonna drag me down :frown: x
I just want to ask whether something I'm about to type is possible to model/solve using A level knowledge. I try not to post questions I can't do, so if you tell me "yes, it's in M4" for example, I can put it away to solve then.

Spoiler

Your question isn't clear what your movement is - do you mean constant speed, distances in successive seconds form a geometric series, or something else? The answer is yes to both but if you're going to post a question it needs to be clear what you're asking.
Original post by DJMayes
Looks good to me. The only thing I would suggest is a change of the base step, as this is a result for all values of x that can be written as the sum of two squares, not simply 5. Your logic is fine though for the general induction.

Spoiler

Original post by DJMayes
Your question isn't clear what your movement is - do you mean constant speed, distances in successive seconds form a geometric series, or something else? The answer is yes to both but if you're going to post a question it needs to be clear what you're asking.

I wasn't too sure about that but I suppose the movement could be in successive seconds.
As said though, I wasn't really looking at a solution at least I know that only Alevel knowledge is required. Sorry, about the lack of specifics.
Original post by brittanna

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by DJMayes

It still won't let me rep you, and I still owe you some rep from the other question you helped me with! I will get it all done eventually though :biggrin:.
Reply 4232
Original post by DJMayes
There don't seem to be many questions being thrown about tonight. Here's one for you all:

Spoiler

I'm stuck :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by tigerz
I'm stuck :frown:

Spoiler

I'd help you out here, but I'm not sure how to prove this without induction, if that's at all possible.

Have you done FP1?
Reply 4234
I'd help you out here, but I'm not sure how to prove this without induction, if that's at all possible.

Have you done FP1?

Nope >.< I've only done c1, c2 and s1 :P
So its not provable without further knowledge? :frown:

If it was specific i'd sub in random numbers, but this is for all natural numbers

Edit: Can I just sub in n=1 then 2 etc ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Nope >.< I've only done c1, c2 and s1 :P
So its not provable without further knowledge? :frown:

If it was specific i'd sub in random numbers, but this is for all natural numbers

Edit: Can I just sub in n=1 then 2 etc ?

You can't sub in n=1, then 2 etc... because how are you going to sub in every single natural number? That's just not possible. Which is where induction comes in.

I don't know if there's another way of proving it. There probably is, but I can't think of any other proof.
Reply 4236
You can't sub in n=1, then 2 etc... because how are you going to sub in every single natural number? That's just not possible. Which is where induction comes in.

I don't know if there's another way of proving it. There probably is, but I can't think of any other proof.

True :P can we just say that 2n=evens and 2n+1=odds and sub in both, and if it works YAY lmao
Ahh well its cools :smile:

Isn't it possible, if she spent an infinite time pluggin in numbers?
Original post by echelonprincess
Hi, I'm retaking M2 (MEI) and need to get at least a C in it but i am really struggling. If anyone thinks they would be able to explain moments, impulses, frameworks or work/power then please let me know. I need to get a B overall in Further Maths to get into my firm choice uni and its this module that is gonna drag me down :frown: x

I can explain them, but I'm too tired for now so remind me in the morrow :tongue:
Reply 4239
Isn't it possible, if she spent an infinite time pluggin in numbers?

LOOL, knowing me i'd cheat and say 'right 1-10 works so every number does' >.<

Latest

Trending

Trending