The Student Room Group

Higher French 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ladymarshmallow
Spot on. :smile:
Although, tbh, I did think 3000km may have been a slight exaggeration on the SQA's part. I don't think it's that far away.

I was doubting that too. I wrote it down in the ends.

I was thinking that the Caribbean (where Martinque is) is just below the US. I am no geography expert but the SQA can't bull**** us that much.
Original post by JM1996
For question 1 was it a 14 or 4 hour plane journey?

It was a 4 hour journey.
Reply 242
Yeah the SQA: sneaky qualifications authority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 243
Hated the constant appearances of the verb 'retrouver' in the Reading, it was hard to put into context without just saying found
Reply 244
Original post by Grozdova.
It was a 4 hour journey.

You are kidding me I had 4 and changed it to 14 hour, how can a plane take 4 hours to get to the Caribbean? Also I had 3000km but changed it to 2000km (don't ask omg)
Reply 245
If I post the reading does anyone know if someone would make a marking instruction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 246
Original post by RKS330
Hated the constant appearances of the verb 'retrouver' in the Reading, it was hard to put into context without just saying found

Hahaha this was me the whole way through the paper constantly checking how this could fit in! haha
Original post by weejackie10
If I post the reading does anyone know if someone would make a marking instruction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or you could just use google translate and work out the answers! It is simple enough :biggrin:.
Reply 248
Great suggestion never though of that. I'm just exam free now so as you can imagine I'm so happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great suggestion never though of that. I'm just exam free now so as you can imagine I'm so happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, French was my last exam and I feel so relived. I have no more real commitments. I could probably just die now and no one would mind XD.

I might just spend my time doing some reading and preparation...I have nothing better to do and I don't want my brain to turn to complete mush! What do you plan on doing?
Original post by JM1996
For question 1 was it a 14 or 4 hour plane journey?

I put it was a four hour plane journey from the US?
Original post by xoJennyox
I was doubting that too. I wrote it down in the ends.

I was thinking that the Caribbean (where Martinque is) is just below the US. I am no geography expert but the SQA can't bull**** us that much.

Indeed it is. I was even thinking about writing a wee note to the examiner about it. Poor show SQA. :wink:
Reply 252
Original post by JM1996
Hahaha this was me the whole way through the paper constantly checking how this could fit in! haha

Argh! So can you remember what you wrote for the bit about the retrouver and the board game and then the one about retrouver calme?!
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Indeed it is. I was even thinking about writing a wee note to the examiner about it. Poor show SQA. :wink:

Actually I have just googled it. Martinique to the USA is 4240.17km! I think the SQA were being kind by using a simple figure hehe :biggrin:.

And this was your last exam right?! NOW WE CAN PARTY :woo:!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xoJennyox
It is encouraging that you did that for the short essay. I thought that it meant that too since how can you know what people can do where you want to go? I am not sure if it is wrong or right- did you ask your teacher by any chance?

I spent around 35 mins on DW, mainly looking through my dictionary for words. Did you translate sports competitions as "la competition sportives"?

I am pretty sure what we did was fine :smile:

Yeah, I translated it as "une competition sportive"
You'll be fine!
What did people put for that roots question in the reading?
Original post by Grozdova.
I found it to be a good paper. The reading and listening were straightforward and I think I could score highly on that. The directed writing was alright once I got into it. I just rambled on about "un tournoi sportif". The short essay was also straightforward, but holidays is just such a dull topic to write about. I interpreted the question a bit differently as I didn't actually talk about my hometown, but rather Scotland as a whole. Nevertheless, I hope the SQA marks leniently. NO MORE EXAMS!!! :biggrin:

I talked about Scotland as a whole too :smile:
Reply 257
Translation, anyone want to take a crack at it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea i got 3000km from usa, could also have said it was an isle of France, in the Caribbean.

Can you remember any other answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think an island in the Caribbean would get the mark as that was mentioned at the beginning of the paper :smile:
Original post by RKS330
Argh! So can you remember what you wrote for the bit about the retrouver and the board game and then the one about retrouver calme?!

Not sure what I put for the second point you made- I know I expressed it badly in the exam.

But for the game part, I put something along the lines that the family find themselves around a board game. I noticed there was a reflexive thingy so that helped me. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending